bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Feedback & Suggestions

Old 25th Oct 2016, 12:36   #21
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
to be honest approving 'genuine' signups and new posts is about 10% of our workload if that
I don't miss this un-glamorous side of moderation...

The Ban Hammer on the other hand...
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2016, 12:37   #22
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That's fair enough, but it would also make the forum more inviting for at least some new users. You can't deny moderating new posts can be at times slow and is off putting for new members.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2016, 15:05   #23
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
^This. It doesn't matter who signs up - their first 10 posts will be moderated regardless of who they are friends with on the forum. You would not believe the amount of spam that would make it onto the forum if there was no moderation queue.

As for the message your friend received - if you click the FAQ/Rules near the top of the screen and check this section

http://forums.bit-tech.net/faq.php?f...faq_poll_voter

You will quite clearly see that you are not being persecuted but in fact are just being asked to play by the rules which have been the rules for years...
Thank you for clarifying it. That's all I wanted.

The problem will not happen again as I have contacted Anthony

Cheers for taking the time to explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
That's fair enough, but it would also make the forum more inviting for at least some new users. You can't deny moderating new posts can be at times slow and is off putting for new members.
A couple of my friends have now given up. It's a shame, but as explained running a forum is a nightmare.

My wife used to run a cat business, and I was moderating her forums for her (this was long before we got together etc) and honestly I used to spend about four hours every day approving members and banning spammers. And that was for a almost unheard of forum for a specific breed of cats. It was mainly there to offer help and advice after the cat had been taken home with the new owner.

I gave up in the end, and we abandoned ship

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote