bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 7th Apr 2017, 07:03   #61
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm tempted to fire MEA up again and see what the new patch has done for the game.

But I'm equally tempted to wait for all DLC to arrive before I do another run through.
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2017, 14:42   #62
Pete J
RIP Teelzebub

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This game most definitely has me hooked.
Old 14th Apr 2017, 05:42   #63
oscy
Supermodder

oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.
The inaccurate conversation choices are annoying as ****. You pick a response and it's not even close to what Ryder ends up saying. Like you pick "I need friends like you" and he literally just says "thanks".

It means the emotion icons aren't a helpful add-on or a feature that brings extra depth, but that they're essential to having some idea of what you're going to say - basically whether it'll be casual/unprofessional/jokey or smart/professional/dry. You have to assume the words aren't what he'll say or even in the ball park.
Old 14th Apr 2017, 16:13   #64
Otis1337
aka - Ripp3r

Otis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
got board as hell at planet Flora and stopped playing for like a week. is it really worth carrying on with?
Wish i could get a refund
Otis1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 10:23   #65
Pete J
RIP Teelzebub

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
So, finished Mass Effect Andromeda. Took me 111 hours (including some post ending optional stuff) but I did take my time over it. Also left a few 'Task' missions undone as i couldn't be bothered to finish them (no friendly nav marker to find them!).

1) Most important point: did I enjoy the game? Well, I must've done as I completed it and spent many hours on it!

2) The combat, once you're levelled up enough, really becomes fun as you fly around murdering things. Thanks to the fact that you can now actually move in 3D (original trilogy was very '2D'), I felt truly powerful - kind of like how I imagine it would be to actually have played the biotic cutscenes from Mass Effect 2.

3) The swearing and sex scenes are awkward and out of character. Yes, you see blue nipples and thank God nobody else was around to see it. I squirmed and wished for the more subtle ME1 love scenes. Imagine seeing the new reboot Star Trek films with top level swearing and full nude sex scenes - that's how awkward it was.

4) Some of the side stories are weird. The Liam/Jaal armour scene is probably one of the biggest 'WTF' moments I've ever witnessed.

5) Sound levels are all over the place, though I suspect my TV's sound output may be more to do with this. It's very common for a squad mate to be talking and he/she's extremely quiet due to being a little distance away from the conversation.

6) The game could've done with 6-12 months' more polishing time to be honest.

7) I feel like all the pieces are there for what could've been a truly great game, but was assembled haphazardly.

8) The camera angles and character clipping issues need a LOT more work.

9) Views planetside (i.e. on foot) are INCREDIBLE. One of the planets is a desert planet and even has an awesome heat haze effect.

10) I don't feel that the Remnant are given the proper respect they deserve. There's a feeling of 'oh look, another super advanced civilisation that died out again' vibe.

11) Don't ask me about multiplayer - I didn't buy the game for that.

...and a few other things that'll probably come to me after I've posted this.

The way the game ends implies that Bioware/EA intend to do at least another couple of sequels. While it's easy to jump to the 'money grabbing gits' argument, there's potential to take MEA, work on it and make a sequel that'd maybe live up to ME2's greatness.
Old 24th Apr 2017, 11:32   #66
oscy
Supermodder

oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.
I hope they abandon the Andromeda universe and start again. Too much rehashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J View Post
you can now actually move in 3D (original trilogy was very '2D')
Old 24th Apr 2017, 11:36   #67
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What he means is there was no "jump" in ME1-ME3. There is now in Andromeda.
faugusztin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 11:47   #68
Pete J
RIP Teelzebub

Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
What he means is there was no "jump" in ME1-ME3. There is now in Andromeda.
Bingo. A welcome addition in my book.

Tags
ea, mass effect, pc, ps4, space, xb1