bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 18th May 2017, 19:54   #21
Mr Happy
4 8 15 16 23 42

Mr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just left BT after my deal ran out. However they tried to charge me £65 for leaving! said it was in the T&C's, but after a few complaint emails I got that sorted.

Overall I have had no issues at all with the BT fibre and phone line I had, I don't even think i encountered one single problem, and the speeds were always very good.

Only changed provider to save money to be honest
Mr Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 08:11   #22
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Happy View Post
Just left BT after my deal ran out. However they tried to charge me £65 for leaving! said it was in the T&C's, but after a few complaint emails I got that sorted.
Hm... they charged me £35. Why do I get the feeling that they pull a number out of the air that they think customer will pay?
Old 19th May 2017, 08:12   #23
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quick question for those changing providers everytime the deal runs out:

Is there any blank period you are left without internet?

I switch energy provider every year, always get the cheapest 1 year fix. The switching is always seamless, never had problems with the supply, the bill might take a few phone calls, but easy to sort out. Internet is a vital part of my household. I fear, unlike switch energy suppliers, switching ISP might left us without internet for a day or two. Are internet classed the same as energy supplier? How can I ensure no interruption to my service when I switch?
Old 19th May 2017, 08:15   #24
Mr Happy
4 8 15 16 23 42

Mr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr Happy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu View Post

I switch energy provider every year, always get the cheapest 1 year fix. The switching is always seamless, never had problems with the supply, the bill might take a few phone calls, but easy to sort out. Internet is a vital part of my household. I fear, unlike switch energy suppliers, switching ISP might left us without internet for a day or two. Are internet classed the same as energy supplier? How can I ensure no interruption to my service when I switch?
I have changed a few times over the years and never been left without any connection.
Mr Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 10:40   #25
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu View Post

WYXXXXY! I've missed you man. We must have a Bit-tech BF reunion!

I can also answer you're question first hand as of yesterday:

My current PlusNet contract ends on the 31st May, but BT cannot activate the fibre until 8th June. PlusNet will simply put me on a rolling 1-month contract (at a slightly higher rate) until BT tell them to switch the service. PlusNet will then refund the difference (i.e. the remainder of the month).

Interestingly PlusNet will charge you £30 to "deactivate" your service at the end of your contract, but nothing to switch to another service - so it works out cheaper to pay them the rolling monthly amount regardless.
Old 19th May 2017, 13:23   #26
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Thanks both. Sounds like more ad-hoc setup to ensure not without internet, rather than automatic systematic switching like energy or the bank account switch.

Fuss! yes, it's been a while, life moves on. I do miss the BFBC2 days.
Old 19th May 2017, 15:22   #27
Anfield
Mod Master

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Call them, threaten to cancel, see what rebates they offer to keep you, saves you the trouble of actually switching.
R7 1800X, ASRock X370 Taichi, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 DDR4, ASUS Strix 1080TI OC, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 4TB WD Black, EVGA T2 1KW, Lian Li PC-O9WX, EK Supremacy Evo, EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2, EK-CoolStream PE 360, Ducky Shine 6 (Brown Switches), Logitech G402, AOC U3477PQU (34" 21:9 ftw)
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 15:29   #28
Snubbs
CustomPC Migration victim....

Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS View Post
Interestingly PlusNet will charge you £30 to "deactivate" your service at the end of your contract, but nothing to switch to another service - so it works out cheaper to pay them the rolling monthly amount regardless.
I work in the industry myself - I believe this will be due to Wholesale costs.
With a "migration" - i.e. switch to another provider, the losing provider is not charged for the termination of the service, as the new provider pays the activation/migration fee (which is around £30 for ADSL, a bit higher for FTTC).
With a "cease" - i.e. deactivation, there is a wholesale cost of around £30 to disconnect/deactivate the service. I don't believe they'll be making a profit on your for the de-activation costs.

Anfield is correct though - you're best calling to cancel and seeing about getting a decent retention deal. Service providers such as broadband suppliers will have set deals to hand to try and keep you.

View Mode