bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 23rd Aug 2009, 15:51   #181
Kernel
Likes cheese

Kernel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Kernel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Kernel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Kernel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Kernel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Kernel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Kernel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Kernel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Kernel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Kernel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Kernel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingred View Post
You are joining the wrong corps. Also scamming a scammer is more fun
Agree, I have been playing for about a year now. 3 of the Player corps I have joined have been full with really good people.
If you are feeling lonely and you want to learn PvP either go to Faction Warfare, or a training Corp like Eve University or Agony Unleashed.

Siuxia of Minmatar!
Main: Intel Core i7 6700 / ASRock Z170 Extreme4+ / CoolerMaster Seidon 120V / Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB / Palit GTX1080 GameRocks / Antec TruePower New 650W / Crucial M4 64GB + 256GB / Fractal R3 / Dell U2713HM / Dell U2412
ESXi Server: HP Microserver G8 - Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2 / Crucial 8GB RAM / Crucial M4 256GB / 4 x HP 250GB | Xpenology NAS: HP Microserver G8 - Intel Celeron G1610T / 4GB RAM / 3TB WD Red / 2x Samsung F3 1TB Spinpoint
Kernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2009, 19:19   #182
PQuiff
Supermodder

PQuiff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just lost my Navy Apocalypse.....Bugger.....such as the life of an eve capusleer.
PQuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2009, 20:45   #183
Xen0phobiak
SMEGHEADS!

Xen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQuiff View Post
I just lost my Navy Apocalypse.....Bugger.....such as the life of an eve capusleer.
I nearly lost my Kronos the other day .

World of Tanks profile
Xen0phobiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2009, 23:27   #184
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.
Just lost my caracal. Damn station campers.
kingred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2009, 07:51   #185
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

JaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Damn battleship class pilots... I can't stand em! (Nothing against the pilots, but I REALLY do hate battleship class ships... I'll stick with my CS's)

As for the Caracal loss, sounds like you need to find a new station.

(Been a week, needs a bump!)
|i7 920 @ 3.8 HT On||Corsair H50 Push/Pull||EVGA Classified E760||12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600||MSI GTX 580||X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro||WD HDDs (1TB Boot, 2x 500GB RAID 0 Scratch, 2x 2TB RAID 1 Storage)||Revolution 1050w||Corsair 650D||Dell 3007WFP||Logitech Z5500 // G930||Logitech G510 // Razer Mamba|
--If I helped you, please give me rep!
JaredC01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2009, 09:08   #186
Xen0phobiak
SMEGHEADS!

Xen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Which CS do you fly Jared? My favourite is the Astarte.

World of Tanks profile
Xen0phobiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2009, 11:59   #187
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

JaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
All of them, but my 11.55 Mil Leadership SP char flies Amarr / Gallente. My Minnie / Caldari pilot isn't quite as skilled in the ways of leadership.
|i7 920 @ 3.8 HT On||Corsair H50 Push/Pull||EVGA Classified E760||12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600||MSI GTX 580||X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro||WD HDDs (1TB Boot, 2x 500GB RAID 0 Scratch, 2x 2TB RAID 1 Storage)||Revolution 1050w||Corsair 650D||Dell 3007WFP||Logitech Z5500 // G930||Logitech G510 // Razer Mamba|
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 20:01   #188
Floor
What's a Dremel?

Floor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
can't see an option to delete this post, so ignore it for now.
Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 20:02   #189
Floor
What's a Dremel?

Floor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not yet.

join it.
Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 23:04   #190
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredC01 View Post
Damn battleship class pilots... I can't stand em! (Nothing against the pilots, but I REALLY do hate battleship class ships... I'll stick with my CS's)

As for the Caracal loss, sounds like you need to find a new station.

(Been a week, needs a bump!)
nah just some war my corp was in. I got revenge with my stupid fast kestrel outrun me and my tacklan rig while my mates warp in with navy ravens
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 01:31   #191
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

Gotcha. Nice on the revenge, but booo to navy ravens. Everyone and their brother has them anymore, lol. plus, my stance on BS's is still in effect.
Old 6th Sep 2009, 23:45   #192
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

Looks like I'm a hypocrit to my own rules! Just bought a Widow a couple days back after the fuel bay changes... We'll see if they end up being worthwhile. If not, I'll sell it and put the funds towards a Strat-Cruiser.
Old 15th Sep 2009, 08:57   #193
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Thread bump.

I just got started playing EVE on Sunday - have only played it for about 2-3 hour so far (however as soon as the API is back online, I should be able to manage skill training from my iPod touch), and I'm still playing the career agent missions. Still find the prospect of this game completely overwhelming - especially when I've only earned around 400k ISK and you guys are on about ships worth billions! . It does seem a lot easier to get into, much better than the last time I tried to get into it...

I have no idea what I'm going to get into yet, I haven't really found my "playing style" - the thought of going into mining/production sounds really monotonous, but PvP sounds very costly... We shall see, I guess. I've only done two of the missions from each career agent, so it's still very early days...

Character name is ByronC, if anyone wants to say hi to an extreme noob! (not very original, I know, but I forgot that your account name doesn't translate into your character's name, and couldn't think of anything better!)

EDIT: OK, so maybe I misread the description for Capsuleer (the iPod touch/iPhone app) - it monitors your character and skill training... Looks useful either way...

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M

Last edited by Byron C; 15th Sep 2009 at 12:43.
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2009, 15:42   #194
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredC01 View Post
Looks like I'm a hypocrit to my own rules! Just bought a Widow a couple days back after the fuel bay changes... We'll see if they end up being worthwhile. If not, I'll sell it and put the funds towards a Strat-Cruiser.
Widows are evil. I just bought a manticore to do some low-sec bs popping. See how you like my 0.1 lock and torpedo launch :LD, also smartbombing has become very funny, sit waiting at gates, realise a wt blob has just warped in, orbit their carrier at 500m uncloak, drop the bomb, activate mwd and cloak, pop the bomb at your desire as you watch the carrier flail about trying to align.

Killmails have never been more satisfying when you realise your 20mil ship just eviscerated 500million, i can assure you
Old 15th Sep 2009, 23:37   #195
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They made stealth bombers good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
EDIT: OK, so maybe I misread the description for Capsuleer (the iPod touch/iPhone app) - it monitors your character and skill training... Looks useful either way...
Yeah the only way to change skill training is from in game.

An expansion or two ago they added the ability for you to queue up to 24h worth of training (well you can do more, the last skill in the queue must start within 24h of the current time but it can be a 30day skill if you want). It's incredibly useful, especially for when you're busy at work but want to get a load of short skills done, no need to hang around the computer any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2009, 07:28   #196
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I can already see this game destroying my free time.

What's everyone's preferred method of payment? I was going to just hand over my debit card details, but I've read that eve time cards are better value for money.

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2009, 14:23   #197
Malketh
Multimodder

Malketh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
I can already see this game destroying my free time.

What's everyone's preferred method of payment? I was going to just hand over my debit card details, but I've read that eve time cards are better value for money.
Heheh, free time. Yah it'll eat it up until you're at the point where you're just waiting for skills to finish and have little else to do until then.

As for payment, I pay by card and only touch the PLEXes when I need a quick influx of ISK, though once I get back into 0.0 I should be able to just buy the PLEXes off the market whenever I want and stop using my credit card.
Malketh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2009, 17:14   #198
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I use timecards off shattered crystal, instant e-mail of the codes.

Quote:
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Old 20th Sep 2009, 12:56   #199
Aterius Gmork
smell the ashes

Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.
Hey guys, I need a bit of help...
40 min ago I purchased Eve through Steam for 15, payed through paypal. As usual I got an email from paypal informing me of the successful transaction.
Shouldn't the download start right now? The game isn't showing anywhere, neither under "Licenses and subscriptions" nor under the "Not installed" tab in games. The game remained in my shopping card.
Does Eve work differently from other games you purchase through Steam?

Download started 2 min ago. Never had this issue before - maybe it's due to the UT3 event. Download speeds are rather crippled as well.

Oh, would anybody mind giving me a little head up about what class to play etc? I thoroughly enjoyed the demo half a year ago, but don't like the looks of the Caldari.

Last edited by Aterius Gmork; 20th Sep 2009 at 13:45.
Aterius Gmork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2009, 18:39   #200
Veles
DUR HUR

There are no classes, I believe the way it works now is every race is created equally, everyone starts with the same stats and skills (well, gallente start with gallente frigate skills, caldari start with caldari, etc.). So just pick the race you think looks the coolest, all the rest is just there for roleplaying purposes now if you're into that kind of thing.

Quote:

Tags
customers are cash cows, eve, internet spaceships, macrotransactions, pc, pc gaming, serious business, wormholes