bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 19th Aug 2008, 14:10   #81
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Skip the procurer, it sucks Unless you're still flying a mining frigate, then it's better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2008, 14:28   #82
Xen0phobiak
SMEGHEADS!

Xen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Agreed, you'll do better in a 'rax. I reactivated my other accounts today, I've been getting used to the interface again by doing Level 3 missions in command ships .

World of Tanks profile
Xen0phobiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 07:22   #83
Journeyer
Mod Master

Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah, I figured as much whilst looking over the attributes yesterday. I'm aiming for a barge still, but the level 3 one (forgot it's name) - though I have to add that I would really love to get a Hulk, but I guess that lies some time in the future.

Currently I'm actually mining in my Iteron Mk.III. Slow as hell with just the one turret hardpoint, but it's got an immense hold (I can fit 6581m3 into mine) so I'll just fly it out to an asteroid field, set it to mine, turn on shield booster and go watch TV, read a book, or whatever.

Gigabyte Aorus X370 || Ryzen 1700@4Ghz || 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz || GTX1070 FE || 2x750 EVO 250Gb RAID0 for OS
Journeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 08:26   #84
Xen0phobiak
SMEGHEADS!

Xen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Tip for you, the mammoth is the biggest non-level-5 indy .

Another tip, use your indy to dump secure cans at a chosen mining spot, then mine in a cruiser into them

World of Tanks profile
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 10:24   #85
Journeyer
Mod Master

Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.Journeyer is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen0phobiak View Post
Tip for you, the mammoth is the biggest non-level-5 indy .

Another tip, use your indy to dump secure cans at a chosen mining spot, then mine in a cruiser into them
Cruisers eh? I've got industrials, barges and destroyers skilled at the moment.
Can't I use a barge to mine into the cans? I mean, the strip mining modules pull ore a lot faster than even the Miner II I'm currently using. However, I didn't know it worked that way - that I can dump a can in space and mine into it. Good stuff, I guess I'll have to obtain a couple of secure cans.

Gigabyte Aorus X370 || Ryzen 1700@4Ghz || 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz || GTX1070 FE || 2x750 EVO 250Gb RAID0 for OS
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 11:29   #86
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
Cruisers eh? I've got industrials, barges and destroyers skilled at the moment.
Can't I use a barge to mine into the cans? I mean, the strip mining modules pull ore a lot faster than even the Miner II I'm currently using. However, I didn't know it worked that way - that I can dump a can in space and mine into it. Good stuff, I guess I'll have to obtain a couple of secure cans.
If your into mining you should check out this guide -> http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=434899

http://www.lsjv-eve.com/completeminersguide_v2.2.pdf

It recommends you fit mining laser upgrades to get the max yield you can, but i prefer fitting cargo expanders so i have to move ore into a can less which i dont really think is mentioned in the guide (lazy mining :P ), but other than that the guide is a great read
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 12:07   #87
Journeyer
Mod Master

Oh thanks, I'll give it a quick skim.

The Iteron I'm using for mining at the moment is equipped with a Miner II, two mining upgrades (level ones - though I do own a level two upgrade, but I'm currently unable to use it) and a cargo expander (of course there are some other modules, but they're not really relevant to mining). I will start experimenting with can mining as soon as I get my barge going, and see if that'll increase my profitability - those big secure cans will fit in my Iteron I think. Will I need a tractor beam in order to load them up by the way?

Old 22nd Aug 2008, 19:02   #88
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Can't I use a barge to mine into the cans?
Yep, but cruisers are better than the procurer, especially the Osprey, but if you can't use a cruiser then a procurer is better than a frigate or hauler.

I personally use jet cans when mining in empire, yeah it means I'm at risk from ore thieves and can flippers, but hold mining or using GSCs is impractical when one cycle fills up a GSC.

Definitely worth going for a Hulk, problem with the Covetor is it takes aaages to train for since it requires astrogeology and mining barge at 5 which can take 30 or so days. Getting into a hulk after that would only take a day or two depending on your attributes.

Quote:
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 19:30   #89
Xen0phobiak
SMEGHEADS!

Quote:
Oh thanks, I'll give it a quick skim.

The Iteron I'm using for mining at the moment is equipped with a Miner II, two mining upgrades (level ones - though I do own a level two upgrade, but I'm currently unable to use it) and a cargo expander (of course there are some other modules, but they're not really relevant to mining). I will start experimenting with can mining as soon as I get my barge going, and see if that'll increase my profitability - those big secure cans will fit in my Iteron I think. Will I need a tractor beam in order to load them up by the way?
No you can just get within 1500m of the cans to scoop them.

Grab me ingame as Peeeeet or Xen0phobiak if its the funds stopping you from upgrading to a cruiser.

World of Tanks profile
Old 23rd Aug 2008, 12:08   #90
Journeyer
Mod Master

I noticed you tried contacting me ingame yesterday Xeno, sorry I wasn't there to reply - AFK mining.

Thanks for the offer of sponsoring ( ), but no thanks - I prefer making my own ISK.

Old 1st Sep 2008, 22:57   #91
Jabbah
What's a Dremel?

Jabbah has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just bought a phoenix for some 0.4 grieving
Jabbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 18:24   #92
theevilelephant
Ultramodder

theevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysis
Thread revival. Just got back into eve (played for a month last year) really enjoying it this time, currently trying to blitz my way through level 2 missions in my caracal (caldari).
Old 5th Dec 2008, 23:47   #93
Veles
DUR HUR

Pah, real men use turrets

Not played in a while again, ran out of time and money. It's one of those games I get bored of after a while and only log in to change skills.

Quote:
Old 6th Dec 2008, 09:42   #94
theevilelephant
Ultramodder

theevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
Pah, real men use turrets
Nah real men only need weapons that fire every 10 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
Not played in a while again, ran out of time and money. It's one of those games I get bored of after a while and only log in to change skills.
Yeah I know what you mean
Old 6th Dec 2008, 11:28   #95
RotoSequence
Lazy Lurker

RotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilelephant View Post
Nah real men only need weapons that fire every 10 seconds
Only 10 seconds ROF? Fit some ballistic control systems, or train up the missile skills some more.
Old 13th Mar 2009, 19:30   #96
*Alex*
Supermodder

*Alex* is definitely a rep cheat.*Alex* is definitely a rep cheat.*Alex* is definitely a rep cheat.*Alex* is definitely a rep cheat.*Alex* is definitely a rep cheat.*Alex* is definitely a rep cheat.*Alex* is definitely a rep cheat.*Alex* is definitely a rep cheat.*Alex* is definitely a rep cheat.*Alex* is definitely a rep cheat.*Alex* is definitely a rep cheat.
started up again a couple weeks back new account and that who else is still cruising the starts?

also any tips n that ?
*Alex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2009, 17:42   #97
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Find what you like to do, make a plan to do it well, and stick to it. I've seen a lot of pilots that are the meh of all trades.
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2009, 00:26   #98
Veles
DUR HUR

Don't be afraid to sell a time code or two to give you a big boost in monies, it really helps, especially at the start as grinding for decent money can be not very fun.

Some people frown on it, but it's not as bad as gold selling on WoW.

Quote:
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 11:15   #99
PQuiff
Supermodder

PQuiff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ive just got back into eve, still very addictive. Love the new graphics. One tip : use EVEMON for you character and ship planing. its very good.
PQuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2009, 01:31   #100
SirFur
PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

SirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey guys,

I've just finished my exams for my 4th year at Uni - HARRARR! I'm really eager to get back into EVE especially since I only started it last October and really liked it. Had to stop middle December so that I could focus on various deadlines in the new year, and then the exams I've just finished. I hope I pass - it'd kill me if I have to re-sit, but I'm happy to say I've not had to re-sit so far in my 4 years and I hope to maintain that

I'm gonna get the special edition EVE DVD, mainly cos it'll be cheaper to get 60days worth of GTC. Shame the cool features aren't available to existing players. I reckon they would have got a lot more sales if they had done. Anyone know anywhere in the UK where it's at a good price and IN STOCK?
SirFur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customers are cash cows, eve, internet spaceships, macrotransactions, pc, pc gaming, serious business, wormholes