bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 7th Jun 2009, 11:38   #141
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyb View Post
ok so i have been playnig about 5 days now i have have 6 ships 2million ISK and im heading for a a career as a mechanic i feel (ship Construction) i have spent a fair amount of time on my learning skills as well as a few of the base navigation skills, almost all of my points are in intel and memory i hope to learn frigates construction 3 by the end of the day, my only fear is that i will not have anywhere near the resources to build anything by the time i have learnt it

I hope to get somewhere near battleship 2 by the end of the week, am i moving too fast should i be looking to get some more base stuff in like gunnery for example so i can put up a fight if necessary or would i be better concentrating on modifications so i could run away from a fight if necessary
It's always better to be very good at piloting a frigate than to be bad at piloting a battleship. IMO you should definitely concentrate on core skills a bit more before going for BS, seeing as they cost about 90 million anyway.

As for production, you'll need production efficiency at 5 if you don't already, also, I wouldn't go for ship production right off the bat, I'd start off with smaller things such as ammo and drones.

Learning skills is also an essential one, I trained them all up to 5/4 (apart from charisma) before I really went for anything, with the double speed learning you get at the start it's definitely a good idea to train those up first as you'll only have to recoup half the time. It also gives you a time buffer where you're learning skills very useful to every character while you get a better grasp of the game and a better idea of what you want to do and what skills you need to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2009, 08:21   #142
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

JaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can't believe I missed this thread! 3+ year veteran here, two accounts (JaredC01 and JaredC02). PVP all the way on both chars, and ~100 Mil SP's between them.

Great game for anyone tempted to try it. It does take a bit of time, but it's well worth investing into. Quick tip for the new guys! You get a bonus 100% bonus to training time up until you hit 1.6 Million SP's. Buy all of the learning skills FIRST. You should be able to train ALL of your low-tier learning skills to 5 off that bonus. Once you've got that accomplished, pick up Cybernetics, and starting buying +1 implants for all your attributes. That will give you a total of +6 to your original attributes, right off the bat. From there, you can EASILY pass a lot of the other new players in total SP count.

Any questions for me, let em rip!
|i7 920 @ 3.8 HT On||Corsair H50 Push/Pull||EVGA Classified E760||12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600||MSI GTX 580||X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro||WD HDDs (1TB Boot, 2x 500GB RAID 0 Scratch, 2x 2TB RAID 1 Storage)||Revolution 1050w||Corsair 650D||Dell 3007WFP||Logitech Z5500 // G930||Logitech G510 // Razer Mamba|
--If I helped you, please give me rep!
JaredC01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2009, 10:41   #143
PQuiff
Supermodder

PQuiff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Add Me - LoveDaddy

Been playing eve for years. Its a great MMO, its slow at times, but i think the more you take time to find out how the mechanics work the more you will get out of it.

Like Veles said...Its probly best not to go russing straignt to a Battleship. If u pick a T2 ship like the Heavy Assault Cruiser and get the skills necisary to fly that you can easily outfly someone whos gone straight to a Battleship with poor supporting skills.

LArge ships only really come into there own on higher level missions, and larger PVP. if for example your doing level one or two missions and you are trying to hit small frigates with large lasers you will miss.

Im more than happy to run some missions with people to get your standings up, Im in caldari space, but can travel. Might even be able to sort you out with a ship. Ive just started making them.

Well good luck. hope to see you in game.
PQuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2009, 13:28   #144
Fenrir
Make it big or break it

Fenrir has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hell yeah! Love EVE its an awesome game and ccp is making it better all the time! btw Account is END GRAVE
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2009, 16:16   #145
Malketh
Multimodder

Malketh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Kept dipping my toes into it over the years but this latest 'expansion' really grabbed me, love w-space and I'm working on flying a strat cruiser at the moment, can't wait to get that thing and take it for a spin.
Malketh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2009, 16:24   #146
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looking down the wrong end of a 60d skill training.. God it's frustrating. I want to tool up my ship
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2009, 20:34   #147
Lankuzo
CPC Refugee

Lankuzo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lankuzo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lankuzo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lankuzo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lankuzo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lankuzo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lankuzo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lankuzo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lankuzo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lankuzo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lankuzo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
we should set up our own corp
Old 17th Jun 2009, 00:09   #148
haddow64
Multimodder

haddow64 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankuzo View Post
we should set up our own corp
That is actually and idea but the the only problem is varying play styles, ie I love low sec piracy, but its not for everyone.
haddow64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2009, 14:32   #149
Malketh
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddow64 View Post
That is actually and idea but the the only problem is varying play styles, ie I love low sec piracy, but its not for everyone.
That is very true, after all for a good while there I was addicted to seeing what insane stuff I could pull of in w-space in just a battlecruiser.
Old 17th Jun 2009, 15:14   #150
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah it would be cool to have a bit corp but lots of people here are already in corps and as haddow said, lots of people have different playing styles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2009, 19:01   #151
Fenrir
Make it big or break it

Fenrir has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ok so who is in a tru-0 sec corp i want to do fleet battles and small gang work as well as rat some big bounties, i can fly almost any caldari 1t1 ship and some t2 ships (interceptors, assault frigs, and Heavy assault ships) i have some high rail gun skills and high missile skills. im gona be working on tanking skills next so dose any one have a corp that would take another member. oh yeah one more thing im not the wealthiest player so i dont have the ships i just listed just the skills to be effective in them.
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 17:32   #152
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
so i decided to slow down a little (Read: I Lost a few ships)

i currently have most learing skills at 3/4 as i try to get into a covetor pushing Mining

whats better is that i remembered an old account i started played for three days 4 years ago so i thought i would load him up to see how he was getting on. turns out CCP have trained him up for me and he has 1million SP (not a lot but a deccent amount) for a beginner (considering no work done)

anyway i'm pushing him towards a covetor also and aim going to mine high sec for a month or so before i have the resources to bounce into 0.7 - 0.5

i will eventually push one of them towards a different skill but if i think to start a bit of isk coming my way is no bad thing.

anyway accounts are Yakyb and RegReagan feel free to mail me

out of interest any one in a decent corp willing to accept a couple of low level chars i'm not going to be particularly active for the moment but just biding my time getting some ISK/SP in.
yakyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2009, 21:16   #153
Xen0phobiak
SMEGHEADS!

Xen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I reactivated one of my accounts on the 5 day trial today. Add Peeeeet (5x 'e') if you wanna say hi.

World of Tanks profile
Xen0phobiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2009, 00:23   #154
ufk
Licenced Fool

ufk has yet to learn the way of the Dremelufk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Friend of mine introduced me to Eve last week, I was hooked after about 3 hours.
I found pretty much everyone very friendly, got ganked by a cruiser whilst in a rifter, the guy then clued me up on how to start fitting it out properly. I love it.
Old 7th Jul 2009, 14:01   #155
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.
I've been playing it a bit recently. Should be reactivating my account soon since my 21 day trial is about to expire.
Old 7th Jul 2009, 23:21   #156
Rapp
Multimodder

Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
just started my account back up again, just been running missions to get some isk before looking for a pvp corp to join, looking for some small gang pirating action.

Would be cool to have a bit-tech corp but don't think everyone would be able to agree on what it should do.
Old 8th Jul 2009, 10:14   #157
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapp View Post
just started my account back up again, just been running missions to get some isk before looking for a pvp corp to join, looking for some small gang pirating action.

Would be cool to have a bit-tech corp but don't think everyone would be able to agree on what it should do.

Mining and declare war on Goons + NC
Old 8th Jul 2009, 14:19   #158
Malketh
Multimodder

I just got into my missile boat Tengu last week and dear god do I love to fly that thing!!! Freaks the hell out of a lot of people as it seems many don't have Strategic Cruisers on their overview. lol
Old 9th Jul 2009, 09:32   #159
RotoSequence
Lazy Lurker

RotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malketh View Post
I just got into my missile boat Tengu last week and dear god do I love to fly that thing!!! Freaks the hell out of a lot of people as it seems many don't have Strategic Cruisers on their overview. lol
CCP put STRACs on the default overview setting on Apocrypha, unless they disappeared in 1.3?

Otherwise, I'd chalk it up to their power. I'm still struggling between getting a Proteus or a Loki.
Old 9th Jul 2009, 14:07   #160
Malketh
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoSequence View Post
CCP put STRACs on the default overview setting on Apocrypha, unless they disappeared in 1.3?

Otherwise, I'd chalk it up to their power. I'm still struggling between getting a Proteus or a Loki.
I'm not sure, but I found it funny at the time. Even better was last night when went to chase down a couple reds and jumped right into a bubble they had up. Damn near had a heart attack until I remembered I was immune and warped right out in front of them! Then I met up with a blue fleet at the other gate and one guy in the fleet said, in the wrong channel no less, "Hey guys, that dude in the Tengu's only four months old!" That made me smile for hours.

And you're definitely right on the power, even with my 'crap' skills I'm kicking rat ass and taking names in my spare time.

Tags
customers are cash cows, eve, internet spaceships, macrotransactions, pc, pc gaming, serious business, wormholes