bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 1st Jun 2008, 14:42   #141
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTT View Post
Pics of my Commie Meta 5.5.1

You would not believe this, but I had a dream last night that I stole your bike while biking, I then somehow managed to ride both bikes at the same time home and thinking what a great job I've just done!
Old 1st Jun 2008, 18:15   #142
The cheapskate
One custom title before Matty

The cheapskate has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well I finaly got my Gian XTC today, and its brilliant, Also got a steal of a deal on it, so would have been stupid to go else were.

Went out localy to get used to it, and stoped to take a snap.

Think I will change the pedals for some thing more grippy and loose the toe straps, bt bar that.... im in love.

Last edited by The cheapskate; 1st Jun 2008 at 18:24.
The cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2008, 21:28   #143
RTT
#parp

RTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yeah change those pedals... toe straps... XD

Just got back from a mammoth 6.something hour ride around the North Downs. There's some bloody excellent riding to be had out there
Old 1st Jun 2008, 21:43   #144
dom_
--->

dom_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Yeah change those pedals... toe straps... XD

Just got back from a mammoth 6.something hour ride around the North Downs. There's some bloody excellent riding to be had out there
My neck of the woods that!

Where abouts where you?
dom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2008, 21:46   #145
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.Jamie is definitely a rep cheat.
We were at Leith Hill.

I managed to do a superman impressions when landing a jump and the front wheel slipped away from under me in some soft mud. I won a nice graze on my arm
Old 1st Jun 2008, 21:47   #146
Prometheus
Supermodder

Prometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is what i'm currently carreering about on:

It's actually my brothers bike, I just borrow it as I managed to break my bike (very large pot hole + high speed = a buckled wheel and bent frame and a few bruises)
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 20:09   #147
The cheapskate
One custom title before Matty

The cheapskate has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Guys urgent Question.

Pumps, Small ones that are carried with you on a ride. Ive broken my second BBB pump and am fed up with it, What makes do people recomend for a pump that wont pack in after 3 uses?

I was tempted by a Park Tools pump, but there not in stock...

Links would get you an Ebeer.

Cheers gents.
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 21:57   #148
Tomm
I also ride trials :)

Tomm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They're all rubbish. Savvy people just use a really old one that weighs the same but it's quite as compact.
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 22:03   #149
RTT
#parp

RTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_ View Post

Where abouts where you?

Leith / Pitch / Holmbury Hills with some local knowledge of the trails
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 23:03   #150
unrealhippie
Ultramodder

unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
They're all rubbish. Savvy people just use a really old one that weighs the same but it's quite as compact.
No. Savvy people run tubeless and carry a blackburn pump just incase (cheap from wiggle and work!)
unrealhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 13:07   #151
Tomm
I also ride trials :)

Tomm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah my girlfriend has a Blackburn pump (I couldn't think of the brand before) and I was surprised how good it was for such a cheap pump. So maybe that's the exception, but I'll reserve judgement until she's had it for at least a year without it falling apart
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 13:54   #152
heh-
curses.

heh- has yet to learn the way of the Dremelheh- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Leith / Pitch / Holmbury Hills with some local knowledge of the trails
I did my first biking on Holmbury Hill, some fun trails round there (went over the handlebars near the top of yoghurt pots)
heh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 14:10   #153
DarkReaper
Alignment: Sarcastic Good

DarkReaper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Pumps can be hit and miss. I've got a 4 track pump from Lidl that has lasted longer than a Park Tool and another big-name one I can't remember

of course, the next track pump I got from Lidl exploded but hey...
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 14:37   #154
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've got an awesome pump. It's a mini foot pump. Bit longer than the average hand pump but you stick it on the ground and it's got a flexible tube with swappable valve fittings. Really good pump. Only 20 as well.

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 15:55   #155
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by will. View Post
I've got an awesome pump. It's a mini foot pump. Bit longer than the average hand pump but you stick it on the ground and it's got a flexible tube with swappable valve fittings. Really good pump. Only 20 as well.
Got somekind of Specalized Pump called a 2.0 or something, just an awesome pump, cost about 20 I think, but pumps a tyre up in about 5 seconds.
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 16:11   #156
RTT
#parp

Quote:
Originally Posted by will. View Post
Would that be one of these by any chance?
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 16:13   #157
unrealhippie
Ultramodder

unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!unrealhippie - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Would that be one of these by any chance?
Or a mountain morph perhaps?
unrealhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 16:40   #158
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's the chicken!

That photo makes it look a lot bigger than it actually is. It fit's nicely in my Camelback mule.

Old 3rd Jun 2008, 16:46   #159
dom_
--->

dom_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why do most cyclists have camelback systems (or the equiv)?

I do dislike them.
Surely you can't dehydrate yourself so badly in a few hours? Just stop enjoy the scenery and have a drink from a bottle.

I do share the same feeling for walkers with hydration systems too though...
dom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 17:08   #160
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

I hate the bottles. They get covered in muck. They fall off.

My camelback keeps my water nice and cool and also it actually provides a nice bit of protection on my upper back. I've fallen off a few times and thought that if I wasn't wearing it I would have hurt myself quite a bit more than I did.

Also, unlike a bottle, it can hold my phone, keys, inner tube, pump, sandwich etc etc.

Tags
advice, bicycles, bikes, education, extreme!!!!, fitness, gnar, leisure, love thy stinky, lycra fetishists unite!, mtb, mud, real men wear lyrca, roady, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, shavedmanlegs, zip-a-dee doo-dah, zip-a-dee-a

View Mode