bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 10th Sep 2009, 15:26   #61
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I got out of airsoft long before the VCRB came in... What's the current situation with buying AEGs/pistols? Last I heard, you had to be registered with the UKARA, which you could only get if you actively participated (i.e. visited a site a certain number of times) - no UKARA membership, no sale.

My reasons for getting out of airsoft was the cheating - I don't know if it was due to increased popularity, but there seemed to be much more cheating in the latter games. I'm not even talking about shots which you could hardly feel which weren't being called - I saw streams of BBs bouncing off people who didn't bother to call their hits and just stayed there. This was a regular occurrence. The marshalls were always great, but they couldn't be everywhere.

I haven't played in years, and sold all my gear ages ago... I miss my Infinity GBB - that was a beast of a pistol :'(. Left it in the sun accidentally once and it chronographed at over 380fps... :O

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2009, 15:38   #62
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
I got out of airsoft long before the VCRB came in... What's the current situation with buying AEGs/pistols? Last I heard, you had to be registered with the UKARA, which you could only get if you actively participated (i.e. visited a site a certain number of times) - no UKARA membership, no sale.

My reasons for getting out of airsoft was the cheating - I don't know if it was due to increased popularity, but there seemed to be much more cheating in the latter games. I'm not even talking about shots which you could hardly feel which weren't being called - I saw streams of BBs bouncing off people who didn't bother to call their hits and just stayed there. This was a regular occurrence. The marshalls were always great, but they couldn't be everywhere.

I haven't played in years, and sold all my gear ages ago... I miss my Infinity GBB - that was a beast of a pistol :'(. Left it in the sun accidentally once and it chronographed at over 380fps... :O
If you're not a UKARA member, then you have to buy everything RIF in two-tone. Basically, 51% of the gun has to be in a neon colour. That's the only way a non-UKARA member can get hold of a skirmish weapon these days.

Yeah, cheating's annoying, but I just make that player my target for the day.

Last game I played there was some jackoff in blue who refused to take hits. One of my friends was point blank and went with the "Bang" rule-of-thumb GF uses, and he turned around and shot him, my other friend (who was just behind now shot friend) leant around and full autoed the *****. He didn't take those, either, and shot the already shot friend. Got him another series of PB headshots.

Later in the day, I emptied half a mag into the guys backside (Considering my M468 clocks 380) from just over 20ft away (The minimum engagement was ~20ft), and he carried on running. He complained to a marshal (Comically, the guy one who was next to me at the time) about someone overkilling, and he responded with "Maybe next time you should take your hits, then"

Made me chuckle, at least.
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2009, 15:46   #63
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
It's an issue in Airsoft, that (cheating), even though i've seen guys stand their grounds while being painted in paintball games (and there's no way you can say "i wasn't hit" there).
Sorry to bring up paintball here, but i think Lith and i had a quick exchange about this stuff int he other thread... back on topic then, people.
Old 10th Sep 2009, 15:51   #64
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
It's an issue in Airsoft, that (cheating), even though i've seen guys stand their grounds while being painted in paintball games (and there's no way you can say "i wasn't hit" there).
Sorry to bring up paintball here, but i think Lith and i had a quick exchange about this stuff int he other thread... back on topic then, people.
Dunno about your local sites, but I found the paint'd wipe off quite easily. Might just have been wank batch of PB's when I played, though
Old 10th Sep 2009, 15:53   #65
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Dragon Valley (where I used to play primarily) used a "bang" rule also, and it was often flouted. A couple of times I had to give people a "friendly" plink in the backside or the back of the head after they repeatedly ignored my shouts.

The cheating got so bad that it totally spoiled things for me - along with the increase in arrogant egos. Other sites I'd played at were even worse for it. We went to a big game in Bentwaters (just outside Ipswich) a few years ago - I can't remember what it was called. But the amount of cheating going on was horrendous. We ended up abandoning the main game and setting up a makeshift CQB game in one of the buildings - more fun than we'd had all day! Not to mention the fact that the site was extremely dangerous - nice big rolls of barbed wire everywhere - and not just at the top of fences, grass embankments that led to sheer 20 foot drops, broken glass, etc...

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2009, 15:56   #66
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
Dunno about your local sites, but I found the paint'd wipe off quite easily. Might just have been wank batch of PB's when I played, though
In my experience, in Tournament-style fields there's no hiding you got shot... ranges are close, and there're eyes everywhere.
In the bushes (which are rough around here, obviously - think thorns, rocks, thick shrubbery), we tend to use high quality PB's. It's more expensive, but also doesn't break when it touches a blade of grass. Better shells, brighter colours, and thicker fill that doesn't wipe easy. Try to try out some RPS Marbalizers or something of that ilk... wonderful.
In tourney ball (the ONE tourney a year that we have), we tend to sling expensive, thick and bright paint as well... exactly for the reason that cheating happens, and you want to make it as hard as possible.
Old 10th Sep 2009, 16:10   #67
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
Dragon Valley (where I used to play primarily) used a "bang" rule also, and it was often flouted. A couple of times I had to give people a "friendly" plink in the backside or the back of the head after they repeatedly ignored my shouts.

The cheating got so bad that it totally spoiled things for me - along with the increase in arrogant egos. Other sites I'd played at were even worse for it. We went to a big game in Bentwaters (just outside Ipswich) a few years ago - I can't remember what it was called. But the amount of cheating going on was horrendous. We ended up abandoning the main game and setting up a makeshift CQB game in one of the buildings - more fun than we'd had all day! Not to mention the fact that the site was extremely dangerous - nice big rolls of barbed wire everywhere - and not just at the top of fences, grass embankments that led to sheer 20 foot drops, broken glass, etc...
Sounds like a nice site..

Yeah, I did stop going to Fireball some time in 2006, because if you weren't on first name terms with the marshall, then you were always in the wrong. I got fed up with their BS and moved on. Sadly, didn't find a decent replacement until recently, so I ended up doing TA events and stuff, because (even with the minimal cheating) more often than not, everyone there is cool.

I've yet to find a local urban site, though. They seem to be in massive decline, which is a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
In my experience, in Tournament-style fields there's no hiding you got shot... ranges are close, and there're eyes everywhere.
In the bushes (which are rough around here, obviously - think thorns, rocks, thick shrubbery), we tend to use high quality PB's. It's more expensive, but also doesn't break when it touches a blade of grass. Better shells, brighter colours, and thicker fill that doesn't wipe easy. Try to try out some RPS Marbalizers or something of that ilk... wonderful.
In tourney ball (the ONE tourney a year that we have), we tend to sling expensive, thick and bright paint as well... exactly for the reason that cheating happens, and you want to make it as hard as possible.
Well, it was likely just a crap batch tbh, but hey. It was the atmosphere at my local (I've been told other places are better, but tbh, I'm invested in airsoft by a large margin now, so there's no real incentive to switch anymore) that put me off - No one spoke to newbies at all, the newbies were all put on their own team, and had no idea what was where, the marshalls treated us like complete retards. Generally just a crap time. Went to airsoft the following month and had a ball, and haven't looked back.
Old 11th Sep 2009, 14:02   #68
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I definitely enjoyed airsoft more, even if I couldn't see anyone without my glasses and everyone there was really good and had much better guns than the worn out rental ones we had.

Planning on going to the site again a couple more times to get my UKARA and gonna grab myself my own gun. Next time I go I'm definitely getting myself some cheap DPM and a pair of knee pads.

Just got my ESS Advancer V12s this morning which will help a lot I think as with the mask I couldn't really use the sights at all (although I don't think they would have been a huge help). Gonna have to get myself the prescription lens inserts for them though, usually I don't wear glasses but I found that without them I had a lot of trouble spotting people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2009, 17:14   #69
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
+1 for Knee pads. I've damaged my left knee in CQB by landing hard (full running speed fall) directly onto it. It's never been the same since.

With glasses though just be aware you are going to get face shots at some point with 0 protection they hurt, also your teeth are more likley to get damaged. One of my mates now has a half tooth due to being hit by a sniper in the teeth and I have a crack in one.
I do now wear a gum shield though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2009, 17:52   #70
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Depends on your teeth I took an AEG blast in the face from ~10ft, got hit straight in the teeth while shouting "hit", mine were fine

And yeah, I only don't wear kneepads/elbow pads when I'm sniping, I wouldn't be without my Hatch Centurians now, though. Comfortable and very effective. Especially when sliding >.>
Old 11th Sep 2009, 18:50   #71
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSniper View Post
With glasses though just be aware you are going to get face shots at some point with 0 protection they hurt, also your teeth are more likley to get damaged. One of my mates now has a half tooth due to being hit by a sniper in the teeth and I have a crack in one.
That's what my shemagh is for

Quote:
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Old 11th Sep 2009, 19:10   #72
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Out of interest, did the Advancer come with an anti-fog cloth?
Old 11th Sep 2009, 23:58   #73
Spaceraver
Ultralurker

Spaceraver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why not order through Ebaybanned or wgcshop, RSOV has good stuff too.. Just remember how to get the stuff shipped to your respective countries. I have a good pile of links to share if need be. But if I need a bit or a bob for my guns, my local dealer gets the transaction. I can't wait 3 weeks for delivery of a spare part for my gun. But full guns can and will be cheaper from Asia.
Goodnight
Old 12th Sep 2009, 02:33   #74
Veles
DUR HUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
Out of interest, did the Advancer come with an anti-fog cloth?
Mine came with 2

Quote:
Old 12th Sep 2009, 18:18   #75
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Decided against the P99 in rthe end, as they company I was getting one from had stock issues.

Bagged myself a Wilson Engineering / Socom Gear M1911 MEU - i'll put some pics up later if I get time...
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2009, 18:22   #76
Mr Mario
Supermodder

Mr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just had a good days play at Gunman, everyone was friendly, everyone took their hits, was a great days softing. Has made me want to get back into it more, task one is to find a spring to fix my gas m92 with.

Was really supprised by my ARMY SA80, dropped from 346 to just above 300 with a couple thousand BB's which was great as I meant I could use it today, but was disapointed by it's rang, might try putting a decent hop-up rubber in it.
Mr Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2009, 18:36   #77
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah, a good hop really makes all the difference which reminds me I should do that to my JG G36c. It's range is good but I'm still getting out ranged by people at my local site(s) running around the same FPS, it also seems to vary quite wildly in its performance and needs tweaking every few hundred rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2009, 20:01   #78
Veles
DUR HUR

Have you got the hop up bucking that came with it still on?

Quote:

Last edited by Veles; 13th Sep 2009 at 11:21.
Old 26th Sep 2009, 13:10   #79
Veles
DUR HUR

Just a quick question if anyone knows. Will a tightbore barrel for a G36C (e.g this) work on a JG G36K? The lengthened barrel is just external isn't it? The internal barrel remains the same length? I guess I can just measure the inner barrel length when I get the gun.

What magwell adapter and magazines do you use BioSniper? Do you get any trouble with feeding/mag wobble?

Quote:
Old 16th Nov 2009, 15:52   #80
Veles
DUR HUR

Had an awesome time yesterday at Ultimate Airsoft, finally got round to going after getting my new gun. Had some really awesome moments.

The first was where my team was attacking the enemy base, out push forward had ground to a halt, most of our team was on the left, with a few of us trying to take out a small enemy squad that was holding an AA gun that was now behind our lines. I saw the opening so I went off round the right flank and snuck down a little ravine right to the side of their base. I managed to pick one off but unfortunately they had a few defending that route.

In the same game after my failed flanking the whole team regrouped and we did a Red Army style all out charge, a lot of us died but we managed to win that round.

Then the final proper round we had switched sides and I was laying into the approaching enemies.

After that game, especially that last round, I'm considering getting an MP5 for general work, and converting my AUG into a sort of AUG HBAR. It's quite a heavy gun with a really fast rate of fire, so I'm thinking of putting a bi-pod on it, swapping the 9.6V for a 12V (I'll probably shred the piston as it's part plastic but I can replace that when it happens) and converting a drum or c-mag. Would be a bit awkward having a drum in a bull-pup but I've seen it done and LMGs are always a bit unwieldy anyway. This would be for mainly stationary purposes anyway, if I want a rifle for a round I can always swap the 12V for the 9.6V and use normal mags again.

Quote:

Tags
airsoft, airsoft in the head, mil-sim, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode