bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 24th Nov 2009, 12:00   #101
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Measured my RoF now (recorded it firing with my mp3 player then opened the file in Audacity and counted the peaks in a 1 second section)

My friends stock G36C is firing at 840 RPM, my AUG (9.6V battery) is firing at 1140 RPM. That's 19 rounds per second baby (Also using a battery that had already done a days skirmishing last week)

I'd love to see what it's like with a 12V, according to a review I've read of the gearbox, it's quite a beast and shouldn't have too much trouble running on 12V

Only problem is the lack of an extended magazine for the AUG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.

Last edited by Veles; 24th Nov 2009 at 12:06.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2009, 13:02   #102
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
..Lack of extended mag? Que?

Any longer and the gun'd be a gimp to hold
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2009, 13:46   #103
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
Face melting is right - My Mac10 emptied 50 rounds in ~3 seconds. On green, it even had a little kickback.
I was about 10s from pushing the button on a RedWolf KWC Mini Uzi in 2008, just before the VCRA came into force. Regretting that now, since I don't have the time at all to join up and get accredited.
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2009, 15:24   #104
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSilver View Post
I was about 10s from pushing the button on a RedWolf KWC Mini Uzi in 2008, just before the VCRA came into force. Regretting that now, since I don't have the time at all to join up and get accredited.

It's not even one of the many guns you can buy in parts.

Probably saved you a lot of money on gas, BB's, and mags though. I used to go with a guy who used two of 'em, he was literally strapped up for mags, three per leg, three per each of the mag pouches on his M16 10mag chest rig.. He used almost all of those in the space of one game.

I think he just liked burning money, to be honest.

Incidentally, found a picture of my early airsoft kit:

I miss my AUG
Old 24th Nov 2009, 17:24   #105
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christof_II View Post
that custom 1911 SV looks awesome, i dont really like them though. i find the normal 1911 grip profile too thin to be comfy and the controls are sard to reach compared to some other examples. mind you it is a 100 year old design...

still look good though.
Still not sure exactly which Infinity model it was... I'm fairly sure that it was a 6" model though...

If I ever do get my lazy arse back down to an airsoft site, I really will miss that pistol. I accidentally left a full mag out in the sun during a lunch break once - oops - and decided to chrono it afterwards, just to see what it would reach... IIRC, it was well over 390fps. Needless to say, the site marshalls didn't let me use it for the rest of the afternoon...

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2009, 18:54   #106
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Christof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
I accidentally left a full mag out in the sun during a lunch break once - oops - and decided to chrono it afterwards, just to see what it would reach... IIRC, it was well over 390fps. Needless to say, the site marshalls didn't let me use it for the rest of the afternoon...
i'm impressed your gun didn't just explode when you pulled the trigger, gotta love those WAs

Ipsa scientia potestas est
Christof_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2009, 18:57   #107
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
It's not even one of the many guns you can buy in parts.
Yezwhat?
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2009, 19:07   #108
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christof_II View Post
i'm impressed your gun didn't just explode when you pulled the trigger, gotta love those WAs
No, but I did have some trouble with the seals on that mag afterwards....

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2009, 19:09   #109
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Christof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC View Post
No, but I did have some trouble with the seals on that mag afterwards....
that's to be expected to be honest. nearly did that to my USP once, thankfully realised beforehand though as I'm pretty sure it would have totalled the gun

Old 24th Nov 2009, 19:26   #110
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSilver View Post
Yezwhat?
You're still legally allowed to buy the parts of most AEG's - It runs a hell of a bill (For example: My M468 is built out of aftermarket "upgrade" parts (Shoots about 390-410 - But automatic doesn't work for some bizarre, but wonderful, reason) and that ran on the wrong side of lots). Granted, the VCR claims you're not allowed to manufacture weapons, but hey, if you're willing to blow umpteen hundreds of pounds on parts, I doubt there's much anyone would say.

as for leaving gas mags out in the sun.. Yeah. Totaled one of my 338's mags that way, fortunately it was an old one, and it was due for replacement anyway.. Waiting to replace the current one with one of the ARES CO2 cart. ones.
Old 24th Nov 2009, 23:29   #111
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
..Lack of extended mag? Que?

Any longer and the gun'd be a gimp to hold
Real steel AUG HBARs have extended magazines, if you google image search for it you'll see what I mean. I don't think it will it any more difficult to use, and I'd use that kind of mag only when I was mainly in a stationary defensive position.

I might try getting two cheap hi-caps and seeing if I can hack them into an extended mag.

Quote:
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Old 24th Nov 2009, 23:52   #112
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

You'd better get an extended external barrel and a bipod

As for chucking your own hi-cap together, dad and I got as far as the design stage, but he buggered off to Aus and I stopped 'softing for ages before we ever built it. We weren't going for extended mag, though.

If you can get a spring long enough, and build the BB channel, then you could probably do it that way. Dad and I were going with a more conventional sprung loaded platform, pull the tag down, fill, release tag - plate pushes BB's up. Crude, but probably functional. No major construction required, either :B
Old 25th Nov 2009, 00:39   #113
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

hey liratheal, how do you find your USPs? i have one as well and i have been having some issues with the gas system... want one of those System 7 USP Tactical, want to stick a big ass KAC suppressor on that badboy

Old 25th Nov 2009, 00:55   #114
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

The only issue I have is that one of them has a rather irritating "sticky" slide - There is nothing physically wrong with it, just on occasion, it'll lock back as if it's empty - Even when not. The other one's fine, though.

I am thinking about replacing them with MP7's, though. Mainly because I don't have a single automatic weapon in my standard kit. I could use the FAL, but frankly, it's a pain to set up for my loadout, and I just cannot be bothered. It's also somewhat more difficult to carry a FAL in a ghillie suit, aswell as a 338 or an 82A1.
Old 25th Nov 2009, 01:49   #115
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Does anyone still make custom guns like the old Clarence LI style or IPMS guns. Just for display and occasional shooting? Bragging rights?

US laws are super lax on Airsoft. Every mall has one or more stores selling spring, green gas blow back, or AEG.

I still have some KWC 1911s and would love to mod one.
The KWC imports were my first foray into importing from China. Keyboards and engineering sample motherboards and mouses came later.
Old 25th Nov 2009, 01:53   #116
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

I don't think there are many near Clarence in terms of quality, but Candyman on ASCUK (And I think he used to put logs on Arnies, didn't he?) is very, very good, here's a few links to his airsoft builds on his site;

http://www.ukmonsters.co.uk/dsr1/dsr1.htm
http://www.ukmonsters.co.uk/oldmadwe...ics/wa2000.htm

I think, probably, his two best known pieces, and my favourite.
Old 25th Nov 2009, 01:54   #117
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yea the best guy for custom stuff at the moment is candyman hes done some insanely good custom guns over the past few years a google search should bring up good results
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
crazyg1zm0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 02:19   #118
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg1zm0 View Post
Yea the best guy for custom stuff at the moment is candyman hes done some insanely good custom guns over the past few years a google search should bring up good results
I looked at Candyman's stuff. Looks very nice. Is there a market for airsoft guns that are true to their custom real gun counterparts? Custom Desert Eagle?

People like me would probably pay good money(any of that left in the world?) for a decent reproduction of a firearm we could not afford.
Old 25th Nov 2009, 08:34   #119
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

If you're thinking in terms of weight, then I'm sure if you can find someone like Candyman to build you one, you could ask about getting it real steel weight, which shouldn't be too difficult for someone with skill.

DEagle kickback, though, would be a nogo. The TM HardKick retail version has some recoil, but as with any airsoft gun, it's not even a scratch on the real thing.
Old 25th Nov 2009, 10:54   #120
Veles
DUR HUR

Quote:
You'd better get an extended external barrel and a bipod

As for chucking your own hi-cap together, dad and I got as far as the design stage, but he buggered off to Aus and I stopped 'softing for ages before we ever built it. We weren't going for extended mag, though.

If you can get a spring long enough, and build the BB channel, then you could probably do it that way. Dad and I were going with a more conventional sprung loaded platform, pull the tag down, fill, release tag - plate pushes BB's up. Crude, but probably functional. No major construction required, either :B
I was gonna do an extended barrel but I think I won't bother, there's no way I could do it to make it look proper so it would just have to be a silencer hiding a longer internal barrel jobbie. I don't think it would make a huge difference to my accuracy anyhow.

Bipod I am getting, currently just settling for a bi-pod foregrip as cash is a bit tight and as I need both a bi-pod and a foregrip for it, it kills 2 birds with one stone at half the price. Last time I just had to rest it on the bottom of the grip/guard. Worked, but not as well.

Quote:

Tags
airsoft, airsoft in the head, mil-sim, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode