bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 25th Nov 2009, 12:18   #121
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Christof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
I am thinking about replacing them with MP7's, though. Mainly because I don't have a single automatic weapon in my standard kit. I could use the FAL, but frankly, it's a pain to set up for my loadout, and I just cannot be bothered. It's also somewhat more difficult to carry a FAL in a ghillie suit, aswell as a 338 or an 82A1.
you i can imagine hauling around 2 rather large rifles at the same time would be a challenge, especially if you were carrying your M82, MP7s are nice, i have no experience with the new KSC/KMA GBB offering but the TM ones anrt that bad, there a little lacking in the power department though (thats both muzzle velocity and battery power) magazines are much cheaper though ^_^

Ipsa scientia potestas est
Christof_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 13:21   #122
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
I was gonna do an extended barrel but I think I won't bother, there's no way I could do it to make it look proper so it would just have to be a silencer hiding a longer internal barrel jobbie. I don't think it would make a huge difference to my accuracy anyhow.

Bipod I am getting, currently just settling for a bi-pod foregrip as cash is a bit tight and as I need both a bi-pod and a foregrip for it, it kills 2 birds with one stone at half the price. Last time I just had to rest it on the bottom of the grip/guard. Worked, but not as well.
Ahh, yeah. I've not tried one of those yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christof_II View Post
you i can imagine hauling around 2 rather large rifles at the same time would be a challenge, especially if you were carrying your M82, MP7s are nice, i have no experience with the new KSC/KMA GBB offering but the TM ones anrt that bad, there a little lacking in the power department though (thats both muzzle velocity and battery power) magazines are much cheaper though ^_^
Haha, yeah. I used to try it, back when I was a 'softing newbie - The AUG and the SPAS - But nowadays, it's just too exhausting and far too useless.

Yeah, I was looking at the TM ones, I'd probably replace most of the innards, if possible, and see about doing something about the battery. That said, they're only intended for close quarters stuff (I can't engage with any of my main rifles at close range, they shoot too hard) so.. I'd have to see how they played out of the box.
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 18:17   #123
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Somehow I managed to forget about this thread. I feel bad now.

So anyway, we did a Halloween event which totally rocked. I went as Bill from L4D, the other half a Zoey and a mate as Francis.

I've also sold off my 2x AK Spez to the local site which they will then be using for rental gear. Very sad to see one of them go as it was my first gun and I'm somewhat attached but, hopefully it will get someone else into the sport and they will enjoy it as much as I have done.

I also bought a new toy.. MWHAHHAHAHHAHA

I've wanted to do the support gunner thing for ages as it would suit my team of friends well, we have a sniper, several assault guys but nobody with support.
Apparently I have more money than sense so I bought one from one of the guys at the local site (www.ucap.co.uk). I'm sure I won't be able to afford the rent with all the ammo I will have to buy, but hey, it will only come out on woodland visits which aren't all that often anyway.

I will need to run it through my chrono before I play with it anyway, then I'll probably strip the gear box and re-grease if required as I understand the A&K units aren't too well greased anyway.
Also going to have to get a good 9.6v large to add to the ROF of the slightly (very) crap standard motor with a view to eventually change out the motor anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 18:21   #124
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
One of the guys at my local has one of those.

Nothing quite beats running for cover when he lays down covering fire, it's almost as entertaining as getting a running kill with a pistol
Old 25th Nov 2009, 18:24   #125
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's what I'm hoping to be able to achieve as at the moment we tend to get held up with guys that have better ROF than us or, larger groups, so if I can just lay down enough fire for long enough to keep their heads down and us to progress, I'll be happy

Quote:
Old 25th Nov 2009, 18:44   #126
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

UrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the DremelUrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My Systema PTW
Old 25th Nov 2009, 18:54   #127
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Niice. Liking the foregrip.
Old 25th Nov 2009, 19:22   #128
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Gotta love the PTW's.
Actually thinking at building an M4 myself (well, probably not totally as I've never owned one and probably would miss some parts) as a marksman rifle, but then again would I just be better off buying something that's more designed for the job anyway in the first place?

Quote:
Old 25th Nov 2009, 19:44   #129
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Christof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run Crysis
there are so many versions of the AR15 platform that if you wanted to build something, odds are someone has already made it and is selling it...

i personally want a version of KAC's SR-16

Ipsa scientia potestas est
Christof_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 19:46   #130
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

UrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the DremelUrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The market for black rifles is endless. From barrels to springs it's dime a dozen.

I ended up getting a PTW for milsim and the cost to shoot it is way cheaper than real steel
Old 25th Nov 2009, 19:50   #131
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Well, they're pretty simple to put together - One of the easiest IMO.

The mechbox is damned straightforward and, unlike the AK for example, isn't as cramped IMO. Bodies can be a PITA. Some of them have the obnoxiously long stock tube on 'em, which needs to be cut down to something like 11mm maximum if you want a folding stock.. Probably get away with that if you were going precision, with a proper stock on it.

Parts wise, it's pretty obvious stuff. Stock, body, grip, foregrip, mechbox, inner barrel. Most bodies come with a hopunit, though I tend to use metal hop units over plastic, and I know guarder only ship plastic hop units.. G&P ship metal ones I think, their bodies are pretty good. Got one of their Zombie Killers on my WiiMote, fairly solid stuff.

I mean, there are little things like body pins. I prefer locking pins, but I think Guarder bodies ship with those standard.. Biggest issue is making the choice on where the battery goes, and thus, how you need to wire the mechbox. Rear wiring jobs are a complete pain in the ass, I had to do one for the M82. Never doing another one so long as I live.

As for accuracy.. Eh. Much of a muchness, really. Depends how you set your hop, choice of hop rubbers (Almost always different for different guns/barrels), and how you configure your mechbox. I mean, I was fairly lucky with mine. Some unidentified hiccup caused mine to not have an automatic. It acts like it's shorting, but it's not. Fortunately, really, because I've got a Systema Magnum Hi-Torque motor, M100 spring, and a 6.03 tightbore - Which is just about long enough for the cylinder. Gives me ~390 on .2's - Pushing my local sites limit for semi-auto.
Old 25th Nov 2009, 19:58   #132
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

If I can find them, I normally swap out a chinese clone hop up for a TM hop up. TBB are all the same except for dia 6.03, 6.04 etc well at least the brands I've tried. The most gearbox work I do is O-rings, pistons, piston heads, shims, springs & guide rods. I run 9.6v batteries and the ROF isn't too bad. I'm more into range than ROF.
Old 25th Nov 2009, 20:05   #133
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

For the most part, yeah, TBB tend to be much of a muchness, but for the pefection hunters, it might be worth checking out; http://www.6millimeter.info/joomla/i...=150&Itemid=42

It's in German, but google translate should help

It's basically a consistency check for how tight the barrels are. In the real world, it wouldn't equate to much, but there are those of us that like to know we've got the best of the best >.>
Old 25th Nov 2009, 20:07   #134
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSniper View Post
I've wanted to do the support gunner thing for ages as it would suit my team of friends well, we have a sniper, several assault guys but nobody with support.
Apparently I have more money than sense so I bought one from one of the guys at the local site (www.ucap.co.uk). I'm sure I won't be able to afford the rent with all the ammo I will have to buy, but hey, it will only come out on woodland visits which aren't all that often anyway.

I will need to run it through my chrono before I play with it anyway, then I'll probably strip the gear box and re-grease if required as I understand the A&K units aren't too well greased anyway.
Also going to have to get a good 9.6v large to add to the ROF of the slightly (very) crap standard motor with a view to eventually change out the motor anyway.
You go to UCAP? Tried it for the first time the other Wednesday and was impressed. Where else you go 'softing? Also go any tips for not getting fogged up at UCAP? Don't seem to get any problems at woodland games, but as soon as I got in the bunker...
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 20:09   #135
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

What glasses do you use, Brooxy?

Might be worth investigating some of the scuba diving anti-fog spray or something similar.
Old 25th Nov 2009, 20:19   #136
Thatguy119
Hypermodder

Thatguy119 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi guys. Been reading over this thread as I am starting to become intrested in airsofting as an alternative to paintballing. Got three questions really

1. Does anybody know of a good place to play in the South East, near brighton.

2. If you dont own your own are the guns provided at most centre's adequate enough for a total beginner to use?

2. Just something I was wondering about - How much does it actually hurt getting shot?
Thatguy119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 20:22   #137
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Started the evening with AIM X800's, as I wanted all round eye protection, but they fogged in a instant.

Switched to my ususal unbranded things that came with my PDW, and it made things a little better, but not amazing. Usually I have no problems with either set. Also I borrowed some anti-fog at the time and got nowhere with that either
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 20:23   #138
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

I use ESS Profile Turbos and scuba anti-fog.

UCAP looks like a blast. Here in the states we a massive event called Operation Irene. It's hosted at the Zussman Urban Combat Training Center in Fort Knox, KY. http://www.oplionclaws.com/irene/index.php

The events runs MOUT simulated combat and everything from APCs to pyrotechics is used. They also have a full chain of command down to the very last grunt.

Last edited by UrbanMarine; 25th Nov 2009 at 20:46.
UrbanMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 21:40   #139
bigkingfun
Tinkering addict

bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I envy you guys. Not many in Denmark want to play neither paintball nor hardball.
That does not stop some danes from making a BB version of "ol painless" though:

Meet the CAW Vulcan M 134 A
Specs:
Length: 89 cm (2,91 ft)
Weight: 16,8 Kg
Cadence: 3000 shots pr minute (50 pr sec)
Mag capacity: 1700 shots (33 sec of firing)
Impact Energy: 1,2-1,5 Joules
Price: 4640,95

They also make a smaller more handy version:

CAW Vulcan M 134 A Shorty
Specs for shorty:
Length: 66 cm (2,16 ft)
Weight: 16 Kg
Otherwise same as above.
Price: 4335,11

On the site they claim that some teams have packed up and left when the shop's team packed these out.
They recommend this to be fixed somewhere on the map. That way, it is more safe for the opposing team

Linky Site is only in danish.
bigkingfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 21:44   #140
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy119 View Post
Hi guys. Been reading over this thread as I am starting to become intrested in airsofting as an alternative to paintballing. Got three questions really

1. Does anybody know of a good place to play in the South East, near brighton.

2. If you dont own your own are the guns provided at most centre's adequate enough for a total beginner to use?

2. Just something I was wondering about - How much does it actually hurt getting shot?
Most UK sites offer rentals - ASCUK has a fairly current list of active sites, active on their forums at least. Fire-Support have a map of airsoft sites in the UK, some are now defunct, but it's still useful for looking at sites.

I can't say I recall any sites specifically, but then, I've never had to look down that way. I recall something about an underground bunker somewhere down south that appeared a few years back, dunno if that's still going though.

Being shot depends on distance, other persons weapon, and weight of BB. AEG's are pretty tame these days, it's like you're being flicked with a plastic rule, give or take. I've only rarely had blood drawn, and that was years ago before there were such strictly enforced power limits. 500fps bolt action rifles with .3's or .43's are still a right kicker, though. At worst you'll get a little lump that'll probably go down before you even get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooxy View Post
Started the evening with AIM X800's, as I wanted all round eye protection, but they fogged in a instant.

Switched to my ususal unbranded things that came with my PDW, and it made things a little better, but not amazing. Usually I have no problems with either set. Also I borrowed some anti-fog at the time and got nowhere with that either
I tend not to have much luck - My favourite to date are ESS, and their own anti-fog cloth. It's the best setup I've used to date, they're about 30 from a store, I think my friend paid about 25 for his from eBay. They've got the usual selection of clear, tinted and yellow lenses. You can also get prescription inserts, if that's a concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMarine View Post
I use ESS Profile Turbos and scuba anti-fog.

UCAP looks like a blast. Here in the states we a massive event called Operation Irene. It's hosted at the Zussman Urban Combat Training Center in Fort Knox, KY. http://www.oplionclaws.com/irene/index.php

The events runs MOUT simulated combat and everything from APCs to pyrotechics is used. They also have a full chain of command down to the very last grunt.

http://www.oplionclaws.com/gallery/m...serialNumber=2
http://www.oplionclaws.com/gallery/m...serialNumber=2
Holy awesome! I'd love to go to one of those games.

Tags
airsoft, airsoft in the head, mil-sim, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode