bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 1st Dec 2009, 18:30   #161
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Christof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
How's the G36 working out for you?

I want to use one as the base for a mod, but for love nor money can I find anyone at my local sites who uses one..

its the Star (now Ares lol) version, stock atm.
its going really well have had it for about 3 years now and i have never has any issues with it whatsoever, i have a laser that i clamp to the sort of rail thing on the bottom of the foregrip but i want to get a KAC style railed foregrip thingy, and probs a railed hand guard instead cos the scope is not so great, crap eye relief and crap to zero. but other wise yeah its cool,

the folding stock is cool for CQC and junk as well and its solid as a rock when both extended and folded, i could even wave the rifle around like some idiot just holding onto the stock when its folded down and it wouldn't move.

my only real complaint about the system as a whole (apart from the scope) is that the magazines have those tabs to connect them together, which i hate. its not particular useful since you can't really store them when there connected together, they make it kinda difficult to stick the in a pouch on their own and they break really easily on some of manufacturers... but whatever

on the whole a good system in imo, piece of piss to take apart too

hope that wasn't too much...

what mod out of interest??

Ipsa scientia potestas est

Last edited by Christof_II; 1st Dec 2009 at 18:31. Reason: cos i can
Christof_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2009, 19:20   #162
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Can agree that chris' G36 is a really nice RIF and a pleasure to skirmish a shoot with.

I still prefer my m4 though
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
crazyg1zm0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2009, 20:19   #163
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Christof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run Crysis
your M4 is nice, i think your rail system is too long though, its execive and it adds too much weight making the carbine front heavy which is gay. on the other hand, barrel is a good length

Old 2nd Dec 2009, 00:11   #164
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You can get a magwell adapter for the G36's that changes it to use STANAG mags. It's not too expensive and easy to fit, although apparently there is a bit of wobble with some magazine brands (I don't think it effects the feeding though).

EDIT: Anyone got any tips for making ghillies? Specifically I'm thinking of making a wrap to go round the RIS on my AUG and just a little ghillie cloth I can keep in a pouch and drape over my head to break up my outline when I'm camping somewhere prone. Although for the cloth I'm thinking I could just get away with a section of the camo netting stuff used to cover vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.

Last edited by Veles; 2nd Dec 2009 at 00:43.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 00:40   #165
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
yea have seen the mag well adaptors and have pointed them out a few times but we both agree that a g36 using anything but g36 mags looks highly stupid and foolish
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 00:52   #166
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hm, I've heard some really conflicting reports on ARES/STAR AEG's. Seems luck of the draw as to whether you get one with internals, or internals made from cottage cheese.

When I get the time and cash, it's going to be a custom XM8 build, since pretty much every kit job has the worlds worst telescoping stock. Frankly, I want to do away with the telescoper, and get a fixed length stock on there. Possibly a folder, depeding on how I tailor the gun. I've been toying with the idea of LMG style - But without the C-mag.

IE: That, but fixed position stock. Granted, it'd be damn near useless for anyone that wasn't me, but I've only one friend who'd want to use it, and he was happy using my full length FAL, so..

I'd probably go with a straight up 20mm rail on top, with the 'handle' removable, ala the G36C, because those built in scopes tend to be utter bits of ****. Unless I fancied getting clever and building an EOTech replica in there instead.
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 01:02   #167
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

yeah i have heard the same about satr/ares, maybe its there V2 mechboxes are wank, but the G36 has a V3 box, i dunno, just a theory, it would be a challange to fit other stuff into the space for the scope on a G36 cos there really isnt allot of space but you might be able to squeese summat in i dunno

Old 2nd Dec 2009, 08:11   #168
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I use an M4 magwell on my G36 personally just because its so much easier to find pouches that fit the mags properly

With the whole Star/Ares thing it's what stopped me buying one of their G36E's. Nice to hear that yours is holding up well though Christof_II. Hopefully they have learn't from their past and are generally starting to improve the quality of their parts.

::EDIT::

As we seem to be doing load-out pics:

Yes, that's a full Osprey set, collar, shoulders and all. And yes, It gets VERY hot but I only really wear it in CQC.
I also find getting hit doesn't hurt much I hear it more than I feel it these days.

I do have a PLCE load-out for Woodland too though and I'm working on a Tigerstripe one for the Team at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.

Last edited by BioSniper; 2nd Dec 2009 at 08:34.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 12:59   #169
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Full Osprey = Madman

My typical loadout. That's my FAL just out of shot, sporting my friends camera (He wanted to film it). Obviously myself and my M82. I just got a sparkling kill - One shot, right into the side of the other guys head. I was, as you can see, very chuffed with it.

Essentially, unless ghillie suiting it up, replace M82 with M468, same kit.
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 13:09   #170
Mr Mario
Supermodder

Mr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg1zm0 View Post
yea have seen the mag well adaptors and have pointed them out a few times but we both agree that a g36 using anything but g36 mags looks highly stupid and foolish
I kind of like the m4 adaptors, a guy at my local site has one with a crane stock, looks reall nice imo.
Mr Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 14:07   #171
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

lirtheal is that pic taken at FFZ by any chance?
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 14:57   #172
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

the M4 mag adapter is a nice idea its just i'm a realism whore, it it dont exist in Real Steal, i wont do it! really annoys me cos my girlfriend uses a TM G3 SAS which blatantly could never exist irl but whatever, i got my Star G36KE ages ago so i dunno about the "improving their internals" theory but whatever, all i know it that i have never had an issue with mine.

anyways

loving that Umbrella Corp loadout Liratheal, although not particularly conspicuous for the snipsing

i do appreciate that you swap it out for a ghillie suit though, i would have though the gear was more for CQC

and on the subject of that full osprey gear, your mad! my Plate carrier is hot/heavy enough without all the collar and shoulder gubbins, nutter! good effort though

Last edited by Christof_II; 2nd Dec 2009 at 15:01. Reason: grammar nazism
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 14:59   #173
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't think G36's look bad with STANAG mags. Do the magwells work with magpul pmags?

I imagine there is someone with a real steel G36 that has adapted it to use STANAGs

EDIT: According to wikipedia the G36's are designed to be able to swap out the magwell with a STANAG one (which is why it's so easy to do with the AEG). Although this does need a citation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.

Last edited by Veles; 2nd Dec 2009 at 15:05.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 15:17   #174
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg1zm0 View Post
lirtheal is that pic taken at FFZ by any chance?
Actually, that's between CQB and the Bar at Grange Farm Airsoft. I've not airsofted around much, typically midlands sites, and a couple of excursions to MOD sites in wales. I intend to rectify this ASAP, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christof_II View Post
the M4 mag adapter is a nice idea its just i'm a realism whore, it it dont exist in Real Steal, i wont do it! really annoys me cos my girlfriend uses a TM G3 SAS which blatantly could never exist irl but whatever, i got my Star G36KE ages ago so i dunno about the "improving their internals" theory but whatever, all i know it that i have never had an issue with mine.

anyways

loving that Umbrella Corp loadout Liratheal, although not particularly conspicuous for the snipsing

i do appreciate that you swap it out for a ghillie suit though, i would have though the gear was more for CQC

and on the subject of that full osprey gear, your mad! my Plate carrier is hot/heavy enough without all the collar and shoulder gubbins, nutter! good effort though
I'm a bit of a "realism" whore, too. I don't even use hi-caps. If I wasn't so trigger happy, I'd only load the number of BB's that the mag would hold real rounds.. Though, I'd be buggered (I only use the 80rd VN Straight Mags in my M468.

Yeah, that picture was the first outing for the M82, and I'd not yet ghillied it. It's on my list of things to do, once I eek the maximum power out of it. It shoots at a disappointing 330, determined to take it as close to 400 as I can. Fortunately, full auto isn't selectable, so it counts as a semi

The back has a massive Umbrella logo on it - It's like a target! Yeah, my loadouts are wildly different. Either utterly CQC or utterly sniper. I plan on getting one of the Webtex mesh things so I can just throw that over my CQC gear if I feel like a quick snipe, rather than having to get changed.

I still can't get over how awesome ghillie suits are. Entire team walked past me, didn't see me. Wished I had something a little less OTT power wise (AW338, shooting as close to 500 as I could get it, 30ft minimum engagement) on me to take a few down with. Ahwell. There's always next time!
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 15:45   #175
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

i'm the same with mage, hate hicaps,

i would look into a P90 or MP5k or summat but i remember you mentions summat about 2 MP7s, that would be sweet from teh bushes in a ghillie suit, alternatively you could find yourself a proper spotter with a suppressed M4 or summat, i would if i lived in Stamford still and had the right gear but never mind.

Still want a M4 though something like a Knight's Armament SR-16 CQB with a KAC QD-NT4 suppressor and an EoTech, i reckon that would be pretty sweet

Old 2nd Dec 2009, 15:54   #176
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

I love the M4 platform, if only for the insane number of potential changes you can make to them - They are brilliant weapons for customising to suit your needs. Their internals are really simple, too, so field (IE: safezone) repairs are usually easy as.

The only downside, IMO, is the fact that no matter what you do, there will always be at least one that looks exactly the same.

I'd love to have a real EOTech on my M468, but sadly I have to observe sniper minimum engagement distances with the damned thing. Ahwell.
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 16:01   #177
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

haha that would make it a bit redundant lol

Old 2nd Dec 2009, 16:09   #178
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Yeah just a bit!

That's why I'd be so keen to get one into an XM8 job.
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 17:51   #179
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I notice you're in Bucks liratheal. Airsoft is something I'm interested in but since I'm only 17 I'm below the minimum age (certainly to buy the things anyway) and don't really have a lot of money to do it.

Anyway my point is; do we have good sites in the area (i.e somthing I could pop down to in 6 months time and play a few casual games see what the scene's like)?
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 18:06   #180
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

The only one I know of around here is X-site, but not being able to bring my kit with me, I've not looked much further.

As for age, IIRC most sites operate a system where a parent or guardian has to sign the insurance waiver on your behalf, and you have to wear full face if you're under 18 - I've seen several sixteen year olds at GFA games - Most of whom failed to take their hits, unless you emptied half a mag into 'em :/

I'm going to investigate more so next year, when I can bring my kit with me, but somewhere in this thread there's a link to Fire-Supports airsoft site map for the UK.

From what I've seen of X-Site (And from what a friend's told me - He used to live here too) it's not a bad site. Not superfantastic, but not bad. Then again, he's not been there for upwards of two years, so no idea as to current state of the place.

Edit: Found a recent snap of my M468.

Last edited by liratheal; 2nd Dec 2009 at 18:17.

Tags
airsoft, airsoft in the head, mil-sim, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode