bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 29th Jul 2010, 01:59   #181
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well been doing alot of research and looking up prices, its not good to add it all together i was looking at a 4x2x2 tank but ile proably go for a 36x18x20 if i do make the investment for a new tank, been looking at 2nd hand bits.

Even then its still about a 1000 or under just to get everything together and going, trying now to justify the cost having a real good think if i should go for it or not.
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2010, 20:20   #182
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

shigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysis
my redo of the FW tank is well underway

fish in one box on the floor plants in another, tank completely empty
Old 30th Jul 2010, 21:38   #183
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
on a random note, I can't stand the green lit type tanks (i'm guessing those are fresh water tanks etc). Much prefer the look of the blue lit ones.
Old 30th Jul 2010, 22:32   #184
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheRotter View Post
on a random note, I can't stand the green lit type tanks (i'm guessing those are fresh water tanks etc). Much prefer the look of the blue lit ones.
That would probably be the lighting more than anything.

I'm currently prepping my tank to be taken apart for my House Move on Weds 4th, that's All rock/wood/plants/fish/water as well as the equipment to be moved in one day, in fact, i'm somewhat planning it in my head down to the last hour, and i hope to have some sort of aquarium restored by 1pm, with the start of the move at 8am. Will upload pics and stuff as soon as i have normality and internet restored.

Sam

The Rig: Core i5 4670, GTX980, 16GB DDR3, 256GB M550 SSD, 500GB BX100 SSD Corsair 250D, Dell u2412m
The Server: Gen8 Microserver, Xeon E3-1220v2, 12GB DDR3, 4TB, 3TB, 2TB storage
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 18:02   #185
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

shigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysis
finished changing the sand in my FW tank. really pleased, itll have to grow in alittle to look better.
the pic doesnt do it justice. and ill b rearranging things again

my corys def prefer the finer sand. think ill get more soon
Old 4th Aug 2010, 21:25   #186
Cerberus90
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Cerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
looks good shig.

I want to get some plant for mine that grows very small to cover some of the bottom, sort of like a moss type plant.

Need to get some pics of my tank up, my vallis has gone berserk.

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2010, 00:52   #187
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Is that a roma 200 shig?

Im trying to decide to go for a nano to start with or maybe something larger like a roma 200 or even a 49x18x22

what do you guys reckon?

thanks
Old 6th Aug 2010, 05:34   #188
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
My tank is depressingly sparse..

Can someone recommend a hardy plant that goldfish will like but not destroy?
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2010, 09:10   #189
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccxo View Post
Is that a roma 200 shig?

Im trying to decide to go for a nano to start with or maybe something larger like a roma 200 or even a 49x18x22

what do you guys reckon?

thanks

its only a 125. it was big enough when i started lol

are you thinking marine or fw?
Old 6th Aug 2010, 20:29   #190
ccxo
On top of a hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigllgetcha View Post
its only a 125. it was big enough when i started lol

are you thinking marine or fw?
Hi im thinking marine, ive got the latest issue of pfk where they have reviewed 6 nano tanks so may pick up either the first or third one. Or possibly a small roma just to start with see how it goes then move to something larger, already have a idea of what i would like ideally a 48 or 60x20x24. Maybe even a few inches wider, though need to get a final clearance from the folks as to how much space im allowed, should proably start putting a list together of bits i will need.

Been tempted to even buy full tank setups that are being sold as people are moving on etc.
Old 6th Aug 2010, 20:41   #191
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

i was tempted with a nano but knew i would want something bigger later so went straight for something bigger(but i dont live with my parent so its diff). but i kinda started thinking about a second tank with a big tropical in my head so it kinda stuck when i thought about marines

a nano can look really good though, with colourfull corals and bright fish.

if you want advise, if your making your own water use a refractometer and use probably dd ocean plus salt.
get good cured live rock and use a fish shop you really trust and have a good amount of flow 25-30 times turn over in the tank
water changes once every 2 weeks are working for me
if you get the basics right and are confident enough, you can do things right and hope for the best and not stress too much if things dont seem to be going 100%
and when it comes to colors start with soft corals if you can as they are probably the hardiest

oh yeh and ultimatereef.net is somewhere you definitely want to visit
Old 8th Aug 2010, 03:59   #192
ccxo
On top of a hill

Hi thanks for the info, a nano is a gd way to see if i will stay with the hobby can then get a larger tank maybe 3 to 5 foot.

I have a friend near by with his own ro unit so i have a source of ro water for the tank.
I will enquire into my local ma about there live rock, though i have seen some better live rock in another ma store so i may buy from there, will defiently check the turn over.

I am already on UR on the name Dunney.
Old 8th Aug 2010, 17:20   #193
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

thats perfect if you have a friend with an RO
Old 9th Aug 2010, 10:47   #194
ccxo
On top of a hill

Quote:
thats perfect if you have a friend with an RO
It is definetly helpful, hopefully both be getting into marines at the same time so we can do a few bulk buys prehaps etc
Old 19th Aug 2010, 21:34   #195
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Ok, moving house complete, and time for an update.
All fish moved in one go, no immediate losses till a few days ago when one of my Discus bit the bullet.
I still have plans for more, just waiting on some money.

In the mean time, i've been given a Juwel Rekford 800, 110Litres of German magnificence. All setup and cycling in, but no ideas on stock selection, and i'm open to ideas. Will be Fresh Water Tropical however, cold water tanks are not pleasant to dunk your hand into.

Sam

The Rig: Core i5 4670, GTX980, 16GB DDR3, 256GB M550 SSD, 500GB BX100 SSD Corsair 250D, Dell u2412m
Old 19th Aug 2010, 21:43   #196
andrewbarke
Multimodder

andrewbarke has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
finished changing the sand in my FW tank. really pleased, itll have to grow in alittle to look better.
the pic doesnt do it justice. and ill b rearranging things again

my corys def prefer the finer sand. think ill get more soon
is that normal sand or some sort of special fish sand on the bottom???
andrewbarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2010, 09:48   #197
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkiller42 View Post
Ok, moving house complete, and time for an update.
All fish moved in one go, no immediate losses till a few days ago when one of my Discus bit the bullet.
I still have plans for more, just waiting on some money.
thats always the trouble with moving fish, the stress usually gets one or two, no matter how careful you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbarke View Post
is that normal sand or some sort of special fish sand on the bottom???
i actually got it from pets at home, you can use normal play sand also but i just liked the look of this stuff and the grain size should be large enough that there is no chance it could go anerobic
Old 21st Aug 2010, 19:26   #198
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

Quote:
thats always the trouble with moving fish, the stress usually gets one or two, no matter how careful you are
Aye, i thought i may loose something, i think for next time, the fish are going to the LFS and staying there till i'm happy the tank has settled down again, still, my 2 Large breeding Pair that i've got on order, i should be able to go and pick up on Tuesday, pics will follow, bank will be empty (a good deal to me)

Sam

Old 22nd Aug 2010, 17:40   #199
Xlog
Supermodder

Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Removed some plants today (two buckets if more precise )

Plus a new lid (minus all control electronics, LED lightning and paint job)

Last edited by Xlog; 30th Jan 2015 at 13:21.
Xlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2010, 20:40   #200
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

Some high tech stuff Xlog.

Now it's my turn:
This mornings Photo Shoot:

Part 2 Coming next.

Sam

Tags
aquatics, pets, say no to necrofish, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode