bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 7th Mar 2010, 17:37   #81
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've had Dwarf and Honey Gourami's in the past, and all have been fine with each other and with the other fish, normally happy to barge other fish out of the way when it comes to food.

Sam

The Rig: Core i5 4670, GTX980, 16GB DDR3, 256GB M550 SSD, 500GB BX100 SSD Corsair 250D, Dell u2412m
The Server: Gen8 Microserver, Xeon E3-1220v2, 12GB DDR3, 4TB, 3TB, 2TB storage
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2010, 19:21   #82
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Ok, got my new tank, a Juwel Trigon 350 in black, pretty much entirely fine, except one set of lights is dead, but as i'm having a new hood made, broken lights don't bother me, as the hood is custom made, will have new T5 lights as well as LED lighting.

Sam

The Rig: Core i5 4670, GTX980, 16GB DDR3, 256GB M550 SSD, 500GB BX100 SSD Corsair 250D, Dell u2412m
Old 11th Mar 2010, 19:29   #83
Archtronics
Mod Master

Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Archtronics is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Since I am at uni I cant post any pictures of my tank, however there is a video of my cat on youtube by the tank so you get the idea.

If you intrested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO-xc...eature=related

Since being at uni almost all my fish have perished since no one hardly looks after them
Archtronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2010, 20:17   #84
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

shigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysis
ive gone off the discus idea, now im looking at a 200l or so marine/reef tank
Old 12th Mar 2010, 19:07   #85
Cerberus90
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Cerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkillalot617 View Post
Since I am at uni I cant post any pictures of my tank, however there is a video of my cat on youtube by the tank so you get the idea.

If you intrested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO-xc...eature=related

Since being at uni almost all my fish have perished since no one hardly looks after them
lol, that angel fish is just teasing the cat, .

Nice looking tank btw, some excellent fish too.

My Gourami is still alive, still hiding all the time though.
And the plants seem to be growing well, and the algae has all gone now too. So I'm really pleased with how the 'refurb' of the tank has gone.
Need to trim some of the plants they've grown so well.

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2010, 19:23   #86
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

shigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysis
haha not so bad
Old 13th Mar 2010, 00:29   #87
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

Got my new tank, so some picks of the water transfer and move, and fill up, more to follow later on:
New tank sitting in a temp spot so i could transfer the water and fish:

Water transfer:

Filling:

Filled:

Old tank is a Juwel Rio 240, 240 litres, new tank is a Juwel Trigon 350, 350 litres.

Sam

Old 13th Mar 2010, 11:50   #88
Cerberus90
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Cerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Can anyone else not see the pics??

NVM, can see them now. Stupid internet.

Old 13th Mar 2010, 18:18   #89
maximmax
What's a Dremel?

maximmax has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Post your aquarium

NO I am boycotting this. oneoneoneonoenone

Its too over done. Once I have a post your desktop thread... you cant do it after that.

Srsly though, bring back old threads of these if youre going to do more lol.
maximmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2010, 19:30   #90
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

whats going in it sam?
think im going tank shopping this week coming
Old 13th Mar 2010, 22:24   #91
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

Latest pics:

Also picked up new equipment, including the Fluval G6 Filter, and the Fluval E 300 Heater, and some fake plants. I need new hose for the G6 as i cocked up measuring the supplied hose, and it's a tad short.

@shigllgetcha, i was going to go Marine, but decided to stick with Fresh Water Tropical's, May i recommend http://www.ultimatereef.net/ for loads of helpful people who do reef keeping, may give you some helpful tips.

Sam

Old 14th Mar 2010, 12:42   #92
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

haha ive been lurking that website for a few weeks now. they have some great tanks on that forum and there seems like there is alot of traffic on it too.

the tank looks good, great size
Old 17th Mar 2010, 14:13   #93
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

Smallish update:

17ish More Neon Tetras have been added, not all in one go i will point out.
The idea is to go Discus, so some of my current fish will have to go, Neon Tetras will be staying though, as they are peaceful fish.
So the plan is:
2-3 Discus
2 (A pair) Gold Rams
My Current stock of Neon Tetras
Maybe some Pearl Gourami's

Sam

Old 19th Mar 2010, 19:16   #94
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

ordered a 240l marine tank today. should take 3/4 weeks before i can collect it. eep. going the live rock skimmer route. getting excited lol

not planning anything too exotic, definitely going to look into getting a jawfish
Old 19th Mar 2010, 22:31   #95
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

Why not look for the 699 Angle Fish. Can't remember it's name, other than Angle Fish, but from what i read, it's a species that hardly makes it to the UK.

You wont be able to get much into a 240litre tank, well, not many fish, as Marine fish require more space than fresh water fish. Still, none the less, i wish you all the best, as it's a route i want to go down, but not today.

Sam

Old 22nd Mar 2010, 09:35   #96
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.
My fluorescent bulb died yesterday Time to get a new one.

Lets hope its not some obscure crappy brand and I can get what I need!

Click me for a signup bonus on TopCashBack. Got any car or home insurance coming up soon? I got 65 cashback on the two last year
Zoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2010, 21:40   #97
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

Decided to have some complex work done on the main tank, so has been emptied, and all stock transfered into the older smaller tank.
What it currently looks like:

And for the main tank, i plan on having two holes drilled in the base to allow a more direct connection for the filtration system, so that will go direct through the tank base, and cabinet, into the filter which will be under the tank, instead of running hose around the back, and over the rim of the tank.

Will update when things start to move on.

Sam

Old 2nd Apr 2010, 14:45   #98
Cerberus90
I Mod, Therefore I Own

I reckon I'm producing enough cabomba plant to be able to start selling it now,

The stuffs going berserk. Just took a bunch over to my neighbour, and I still had to throw a few bits away.

Tank's practically full of the stuff, .

I'll get some pics tommorow. Lights off at the moment, as we're repairing the hood with a new piece of glass.

Old 2nd Apr 2010, 19:39   #99
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

my ro filter came during the week, bought a big bucket of salt and ordered extra lighting that I can add at some stage when i need it. my gf is really starting to get into it too, which helps. bringing her shopping after i drag her to pet shops seems to work

should have the tank in a week or two i think

new credit card is taking a pounding lol
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 21:26   #100
Cerberus90
I Mod, Therefore I Own

nice.

It is a rather expensive hobby isn't it.

I so wish it was easier/possible to get two lights into my current hood (at a reasonable price).
Had the other lid on with a temp bulb (only lasted about 10 mins), and it was a different colour bulb to the usual one, so the fish looked absolutely awesome. The neons looked so much better.
However, the plants didn't look as green.

Tags
aquatics, pets, say no to necrofish, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode