bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 23rd Sep 2010, 03:55   #181
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Bindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
That sounds quite interesting Kovoet, I passed that up because it's a remake but it sounds like it might be quite watchable.

Another one I saw this week:

Salt - 6/10

Generic action film made better by Angelina Jolie not having to get her rack on screen every five minutes and doing some half-decent acting/action scenes. Pretty enjoyable, if predictable spy stuff. Definitely worth a watch for some of the slick action.
Sorry I can't agree. The 'plot' just made me cringe. There were some decent action scenes I admit but I was not caring enough to pay that much attention.

Gets a 4/10 from me.

Now, Robin Hood, Men in Tights!

That's 7/10 all over. Retro lols. Very stupid and lots of stuff I'd never noticed before in the script. They even said "see you in #2" which never happened hahaha. Also, it has a Patrick Stewart cameo in it who does an English accent then suddenly goes Scottish and a Maid Marrian nip-slip near the end! It was a kids movie!

Expendables - 5-6/10

Needs better one-liners to be a good action movie. These were terrible. Fighting was pretty good but that's ALL it is. It might as well just be called a UFC movie, but with guns. I also didn't realise how much Arnie sounds like he's had a lobotomy.
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 06:38   #182
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
Expendables - 5-6/10

[ssssnip] UFC movie, but with guns.[ssssssssssssssssnip]
Sounds awesome to me...
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 06:47   #183
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Bindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Cant stand ufc personally. Why dont they all just come out the closet if they love to hold each other that much.
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 07:39   #184
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Just watched shooter

8/10

Solid movie, which is something I didn't expect at all.

What I expected even less is how hot Kate Mara is

holy crap
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 11:57   #185
hyder
horrible horrible horrible

hyder has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhyder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Other Guys

9/10

Very, very funny. Plot gets in the way by the end but still hilarious. Wahlberg is especially awesome it. Would definitely go see it again right now.
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 12:42   #186
Apocalypso
Fully armed and operational.

Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
Cant stand ufc personally. Why dont they all just come out the closet if they love to hold each other that much.
Angry hugging.
Apocalypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 13:08   #187
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan

5-6/10

So glad i didn't watch this at the cinema, can't work out what all the fuss was about personally. And it's certainly not worth going back to the cinema to watch the extended 3d edition either.

Sam

The Rig: Core i5 4670, GTX980, 16GB DDR3, 256GB M550 SSD, 500GB BX100 SSD Corsair 250D, Dell u2412m
The Server: Gen8 Microserver, Xeon E3-1220v2, 12GB DDR3, 4TB, 3TB, 2TB storage
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2010, 21:02   #188
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Lock, stock and two smoking barrels.

Twisty, turny and just the thing for my headache-ish afternoon.

9/10 Might be 8 if it wasn't for the timing
Old 24th Sep 2010, 23:11   #189
snakerine
holy immortal gingers

snakerine has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsnakerine has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsnakerine has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsnakerine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D - Milla Jovovich in skintight clothes running around killing things. What's not to like?
Yeah

But Claire is so damn sexy .

Btw the movie sucks.
snakerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2010, 23:27   #190
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipa View Post
Lock, stock and two smoking barrels.

Twisty, turny and just the thing for my headache-ish afternoon.

9/10 Might be 8 if it wasn't for the timing
We've got a pile of cash, a shitload of this stinking weed ...and a traffic warden.
What are we doing with a traffic warden?

Love that film.
Old 24th Sep 2010, 23:28   #191
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakerine View Post
Btw the movie sucks.
Probably. Wasn't paying attention, tbh
Old 25th Sep 2010, 18:31   #192
Xtrafresh
It never hurts to help

Xtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run Crysis
What a wonderful thread this is!

Allow me to add my 0.002 cents:

Movie: Machete
Rating: 7/10
Reason: a very enjoyable bit of nonsense. Perfect for a background movie or watching with a few mates while discussing other stuff. Also: does exactly what it says on the tin: awesome mexican slaughters people with awesomesauce and a machete. You pretty much know what you will get with Robert Rodriguez

Movie: Salt
rating: 5/10
Reason: i had high hopes for this movie, and the beginning felt like a good build-up to a bourne-esque ending, and then after she saved the russian guy the whole movie just flatlined for me. It wasn't terrible, but there were no suprises, and the whole thing just was a big /care for me. It wasn't BAD though, just never really bothered to be any good.

Movie: The Expendables
Rating: 1/10
Reason: what a load of drizzle. It's clear that Stallone wrote and directed this, because the whole movie felt like listening to him talk. I can't really seem to think of a single moment in this movie where i was actually entertained.

The real reccomendation for you all:

Movie: Perfume: Story of a Murderer
Rating: 10/10
Reason: This is a movie about smell. That seems a bit absurd, but somehow, the movie uses the fact that you can hear and see a movie, but never smell it, to it's advantage. In much the same way that a book gives you the word "splendour" and you are free to imagine wonderful things, this movie wields sound and visuals and even plot to make your mind imagine beautiful smells.
It's well-acted, well-narrated, has a fantastic soundtrack and some really tasty redheads (if i was a superhero, redheads would be my weakness ).
Whatever you do, do NOT watch a trailer before you decide to watch this. The trailers ruin it all. Just fegging watch it!
EDIT: And despite what you might thin from the name, this is NOT a girly movie. It actually equires quite a bit of stomach to watch now and then

Last edited by Xtrafresh; 26th Sep 2010 at 11:40.
Xtrafresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Sep 2010, 18:54   #193
Combinho
Ten kinds of awesome

Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Movie: Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Rating: 8/10
Reason: A very funny and enjoyable film with plenty of memorable moments. Not an all time classic, but definately one to watch if you want a good dose of comedy and some over the top action. Plus Ramona (played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead) made me fall in love because she is so cool.
Old 26th Sep 2010, 08:47   #194
Jimbob94
Supermodder

Jimbob94 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJimbob94 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJimbob94 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyder View Post
The Other Guys

9/10

Very, very funny. Plot gets in the way by the end but still hilarious. Wahlberg is especially awesome it. Would definitely go see it again right now.
That was just an awesome film 9/10 again
Loved the bit Where he was a pimp made me lol

Deja Fu: The feeling that somehow, somewhere, you've been kicked in the head like this before.

Do not speak unless it improves on silence
Jimbob94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Sep 2010, 09:16   #195
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is a Super Spamming Saiyan13eightyfour is a Super Spamming Saiyan13eightyfour is a Super Spamming Saiyan13eightyfour is a Super Spamming Saiyan13eightyfour is a Super Spamming Saiyan13eightyfour is a Super Spamming Saiyan13eightyfour is a Super Spamming Saiyan13eightyfour is a Super Spamming Saiyan13eightyfour is a Super Spamming Saiyan13eightyfour is a Super Spamming Saiyan13eightyfour is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I watched the Hangover last night, and although ive been told by many people it was worth watching and very funny, I found myself seriously bored and couldnt muster anything more than a chuckle.

2/10
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Sep 2010, 11:06   #196
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Movie: Ghost machine
Rating: 2/10

I like B films, I really like sci-fi/horror b films, I should have loved this but 30 mins in I was looking at the dvd timer seeing how long ive got left, really bad avoid.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2010, 12:33   #197
WarrenJ
Mod Master

WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Movie: Dreamcatcher (2004)
Rating: In my top 10.
Description in one sentence: "Huge worms with teeth come out of people arses"

I've always liked this film. It's a Steven King so I will be buying the book if I can find it anywhere. It's 3 from Amazon at the moment. Well worth it in my opinion.
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2010, 17:20   #198
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenJ View Post
Description in one sentence: "Huge worms with teeth come out of people arses"
damn you! come clean my lunch of my monitor!
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2010, 18:49   #199
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Wall Street 2

Fair acting from Mr. Beef, though I couldn't help laughing at some scenes.. There was a scene where a dead character is shown as a reflection in a mirror, that was awful. Story was engaging until the end, when the entire plot was saved by something ridiculous and the characters really shouldn't have accepted it. Haven't seen the original.

(Everyone looked tired and worn out, which works for the main guys, but the main girl looked like she just finished crying before every scene, it was a bit much.)

Would've been 7/10 if it had a sad ending, 5/10 as is.

Anyone else looking forward to the Facebook movie?
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2010, 19:10   #200
EvilMerc
Mod Master

EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Watched Resident Evil 4 the week before last. I enjoyed it but I think that's only because I'm a big fan of Resi, the plot was a bit weak though the action was solid.
Saw The Other Guys last week; I loved it. The tuna and lion piece of dialogue is priceless, those who have seen it will know what I mean!
Also saw The Town yesterday; seems relatively unknown but it was No. 1 in the US chart last week and I can see why, very good film.
EvilMerc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
films, pasteurized 4 life, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode