bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 11th May 2017, 13:38   #6181
Yadda
Vegan Sandwich

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadda View Post
Anyone else looking forward to King Arthur: Legend of the sword?

It looks pretty good and some of it was filmed up this way so I think I'll catch it in the cinema.

Pretty sure that's Llyn (lake) Gwynant in the opening frame below, with the southern slopes of Snowdon on the right.

Why o why o why, in a film about a legend of Celtic folklore from a time of 'pre-England' Brythonic Britain, is England referred to throughout?

'Arthur was English' is the new 'the Americans captured the Enigma machine'.

F**k my boots!

i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz / ASRock Z97m OC Formula mATX / 2x8GB Crucial Tactical DDR3 @ 2200MHz C10 / EVGA GTX 780 @ 1200/6400MHz / BX100 250GB SSD / Seagate 2TB SSHD / Nepton 240m AIO / EVGA 600B PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / Win10 Home / 1080p monitor / Logitech MOMO wheel
Yadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 14:40   #6182
LennyRhys
Fan Fan

LennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Passengers 3/10

In a word: crap. Pretty visuals and pretty Hollywood A-listers... and not much else.

Interestingly enough, I don't see J-Law bitching about the gender pay gap when she's making $8M more than her male co-star, who happened to carry more of the film than she did.
Old 11th May 2017, 20:59   #6183
fix-the-spade
Mod Master

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 I can still hear you saying, You would never break the chain/10

I don't think the soundtrack is quite as strong in this one, but it's both more Guardians, as beautiful as the first, just as funy and has a better plot (albeit a very typical Marvel Movie one).

Loved it loved it loved it.

Although it is quite comfortably the sweariest and most violent of the Marvel films to date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki role View Post
I absolutely adored Dredd, I was gutted to find it performed so badly at the box office..
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW View Post
Likely because it was almost impossible to find 2D screenings at the time.
I think it had more to do with a little movie called The Raid coming out the same month and stealing it's thunder with a similar premise and absolutely brutal martial arts.

The irony is that Dredd was written and shot first, but spent two years in post production. In that time The Raid was written, shot, edited and released. Hollywood is so often a victim of it's own inefficiencies. It's a shame because I loved Dredd too, one of the most faithful adaptations ever and Urban and Thirlby made a perfect Dredd/Anderson.

Last edited by fix-the-spade; 12th May 2017 at 00:17.
fix-the-spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 21:17   #6184
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
HollOwed. Please, don't waste your valuable time.

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 08:18   #6185
goldstar0011
Mod Master

goldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 - enjoyable/10

I can't give it a number, it's just a fun Marvel film, light hearted with some decent character depths, it's just enjoyable.

Alien : Covenant - 8/10

I wondered if this would get my heart rate up....yes it did, good elements of previous films and added some new elements.

I have one massive gripe which I hope is cleared up in the next film

Don't read me unless you want a spoiler
David creates the first facehugger egg and hence the Xenomorph....really

Maybe a rewatch is needed as well but I feel this is a happy return to the Alien legacy
goldstar0011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 08:28   #6186
Wakka
Yo, eat this, ya?

Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-the-spade View Post
I think it had more to do with a little movie called The Raid
Ugh, I love that film so hard. I need to watch it for the 357th time this weekend... Which is odd because I've only re-watched Raid 2 once?
Old 12th May 2017, 09:57   #6187
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Bindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-the-spade View Post
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 I can still hear you saying, You would never break the chain/10

I don't think the soundtrack is quite as strong in this one, but it's both more Guardians, as beautiful as the first, just as funy and has a better plot (albeit a very typical Marvel Movie one).

Loved it loved it loved it.

Although it is quite comfortably the sweariest and most violent of the Marvel films to date.
This. Much fun, some lols, some cringe. Overall
Old 12th May 2017, 11:04   #6188
creative
500rwhp

creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Logan - 7/10

gritty, violent and nothing like Xmen. few cheeseball moments that were promptly followed by a head being chopped off by a 10 year old girl.....

Really enjoyed it.
Fractal Design XL R2 Case * MSI Z97-G45-GAMING LGA1150 * Coolmaster Nepton 280L * Coolermaster V1000 psu * Gigabyte GTX1070 * Intel Core i5 4670K LGA1150 CPU 3.4Ghz 6Mb Cache Haswell * 32Gb HyperX Savage DDR3 * Samsung 850 Evo mSATA * OCZ 128G Vector Series SSD * Seagate 4tb HDD * 3Tb WD Green * 500gb Seagate Hybrid Drive *
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 23:31   #6189
fix-the-spade
Mod Master

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Alien: Covenant Jar Jar Binks/10

In all seriousness, this might be the worst Alien film (yes, worse than Resurrection). Not only is it the worst alien film, it somehow retroactively degrades both Prometheus and Alien.

Aside from effects in places being incredibly ropey, some of 'horror' scenes would be best sound tracked to Yackety Sax, they not just cartoonishly over the top, they're so far gone they cross the line into being funny, actually laugh out loud this should have been in Space Balls funny.

On the subject of plot.
Ridley Scott is having his George Lucas moment in this film. All of the mystery surrounding the Xenomorphs, the Engineers, their history, motivations? Yeah, that gets shat upon in the first five minutes, from now on, the Xenomorphs are the work of an Irish Robot with parental issues.

Also, the Xenomorph was apparently created a mere 28 years before the events of Alien, whilst Humanity seemingly underwent a massive technological regression in the same period. I hereby predict the next one of these will contain time travel somewhere.

I think Scott secretly has the hots for Fassbender, since this movie contains (I sh!t you not) a martial arts throwdown between David and Walter. It's as incongruous as it is weird, it's the high point of the film, but is also a let down as it gets resolved off-screen.

It only gets resolved off-screen to justify yet another trashy horror PLOT TWIST that might have worked thirty years ago and in a film not so horribly overloaded with PLOT TWIST moments that you will never fail to see coming.

There's an irony that I saw Guardians yesterday, it plays up it's trashy aspects for all they're worth, but is also brilliant and entertaining. Covenant is so desperately trying to be tense and serious, but is the trashiest and most predictable film I've seen in years.

Ridley Scott needs to put the rubber suit down and step away from the Alien franchise.

Last edited by fix-the-spade; 13th May 2017 at 17:21.
fix-the-spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 09:41   #6190
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Having spend the last week at home, after a minor nose operation, I've been watching a few movies on Sky Cinema - and for some reason I chose to watch the new Ghostbusters

That was a mistake of monumental proportions, both the making of the movie and I watching it, I struggled through to maybe 2/3's then gave up.

3/10
Old 14th May 2017, 20:13   #6191
Hamfunk
I AM KROGAN!

Hamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Suicide Squad - worse than 0/10
I dont want to get too carried away but in essence this is one of the worst big budget films i've ever seen. The plot wasn't compelling or engaging, the soundtrack added nothing, the character development was rushed, the mix of martial arts and guns was ridiculous, the slow motion was unnecessary and laboured. I didnt care for any of the backstory for any of the character apart from Diablo.

The real salt in the wound here though is that the budget must have been astronomical.
Old 14th May 2017, 22:10   #6192
johnnyboy700
I *am* a Dremel

johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.
Alien:Covenant FFS/10

Ridley, Ridley, Ridley...

Really? I now realise that the real reason (barely squeaking in front of so many others) I came out of the opening night showing of Alien waaay back in October 1979 feeling so jazzed, was that the Alien, the Space Jockey and how they came to be there were a total mystery. Over the years there have many directions taken with the story, some good, some not so much. This time I felt like I've seen an autopsy on the corpse of Santa Claus in order to find out how he does it and the cadaver pops like a balloon to find a note inside saying "sorry, its been mum and dad all along" - pretty sure that's not a spoiler for all you Bit-Techers out there.
I spent so much time reeling from the big reveal that I missed the most gawd awful twist that I'm sure M Night Shymalan would cringe at using - you'll know it when you see it.

The trouble is, like Prometheus, it looks wonderful (mostly), I get that the effects are much more capable than they were in Alien so some aspects from that film are done way better this time around. I also get that in a film like this, you are getting the cast bumped off one by one - this part works better when you have smaller numbers (see Alien & Predator for good examples), here there is such a large group to start with, they go down like Wildebeest crossing a croc infested river.

Irritatingly there are some good bits in it but for me its been pulled off course by taking the story in a direction I just don't like. However with the way it ends, it does make me want to see how it finishes - whether its because the story held me enough or because it just want to see how far off RS is going with this I'm not sure.

Last edited by johnnyboy700; 14th May 2017 at 22:11. Reason: Typo
johnnyboy700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 10:46   #6193
yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The Revenant,other than a couple of really good cut scenes theres not actually much to this movie - very little in the way of a story line and limited dialogue.
I looks pretty, but 2.5 hours of watching someong crawl through snow drags on after a while.

6/10
Old 15th May 2017, 16:54   #6194
yodasarmpit

Just watched Rogue One, and you know what it was a pretty decent movie - good story line, decent acting, great visuals, and tied the story together. A great addition to the Star Wars saga.

8/10
Old 17th May 2017, 19:22   #6195
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS View Post
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - 6/10 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0359950/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1)
Watched this with my gf as something we could both agree on as an easy watch that nobody minded. It's actually a very nice film, stunning scenery, feel good movie, not too heavy, perfect for the occasion and much better than the trailers had led me to believe it would be.

Oblivion - 2/10 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483013/?ref_=nv_sr_1)
Poor, essentially it completely rips it's core concept from Moon (which is a brilliant film) and add guns to it Not much else to be said, was really pretty bad.

After Earth - 2/10 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1815862/)
Do you think Will Smith saw the irony about being in a film alongside his son which is essentially about a talented and respected father pushing his son to follow in his footsteps when he's clearly just not good enough...

The Wolf of Wall Street - 8/10 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993846/)
Gone are the days of The Beach and Titanic, Leonardo DiCaprio is surely a amongst the best now.
The supporting cast wasn't always great, Jonah Hill's character felt a bit slapstick and seemed an odd casting choice to me!

This isn't a film that will stay with you or will make anybodies Top 10 of all time list, but it is a very decent film, it's well written, it's well acted, it's a little light in places, but overall very well paced given it's length.

12 Years a Slave - 7/10 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2024544/)
Tough one to mark this, it's a very good film and well acted again. Initially it's well paced, but the time jumps later on are slightly jarring, they make sense as 12 years couldn't possibly fit into a film and all be eventful, but it just didn't quite fit the rest of the film for me. Also the inclusion of Brad Pitts character as a sudden and unlikely hero with very little follow-up seemed almost rushed.

Either way it's an excellent film, there's some issues nearer the end, but certainly should be watched.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 5/10 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1170358/)
This one will be controversial! A good film with some excellent scenes, and Smaug is voiced wonderfully by Benedict Cumberbatch; but there was just too much filler! They really shouldn't have tried to stretch this into 3 movies....roll on the 3rd, I'm sure it'll be brilliant!

X-Men: DOFP - 6/10 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877832/?ref_=nv_sr_1)
A very decent film well worth watching, if you haven't seen it, go, it's good. Timelines and time travel aspects handled very well, some nice references to the original set of films too. I did have to explain the ending to a few people after though who just didn't get it.

"I don't want to talk about time travel because if we start talking about it then we're going to be here all day talking about it, making diagrams with straws."

Wow, it's been a while again!

Hacksaw Ridge - 6/10
A decent film, but had some really poorly done parts that just ruined it for me. A little bit too American preachy for my tastes to. Worth a watch.

Arrival - 7/10
I really liked this, some of the acting was a little bit questionable in places as were some of the plot points, but it was a really intriguing little movie and I've a bit of a soft spot for it.

Doctor Strange - 6/10
Very enjoyable - grab a beer and some snacks and watch this one on a big screen with a decent sound system. The visuals are impressive, the villain is a little questionable, Cumberpatch is decent. Marvel+Magic was also going to be tricky on the big screen (even more tricky in the next avengers I'd guess) but it sort of works!

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them - 2/10
I have never before been so bored in a film, I think maybe you need to have seen or read at least some Harry Potter related background for this to be worth watching, it just really didn't hold my attention at all, which hasn't happened to me since the Blair Witch Project.

Rogue One - 7/10
I actually preferred this to the Force Awakens, just really very watchable, nice balance of comedy and a great additional to the Star Wars universe without trying to rewrite anything too major.

Logan - 7/10
The best X-Men film period. Grown up X-men, the violence was occasionally a little over the top, the plot a little thin, and the acting a little light, but for a marvel movie this was an excellent go at creating something with a more serious tone.

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 - 8/10
Brilliant. If you look up my previous reviews you'll see I don't do many 8's, but this film is exactly what it should be. It'll never enter a debate about best films of all time, but for a fun, action packed adventure that's well acted, entertaining, well put together and has a great sound track it's spot on. Just as good as the first and the director is good enough to realise that he couldn't just do the same again. Just different enough to work.

Lion - 7/10
A good film this, you've got to be in the right mode to enjoy a character driven narrative that's a bit of a slow burner. Reminds me of some classics like 'City of God' and 'The Man from Earth'. It's just a touching film.

Assassin's Creed - 1/10
It's just awful. I mean, really bad. Don't do it.

Passengers - 5/10
It's not a bad film. It's not a good film. It's a nice neutral one to watch with the missus and is quite pleasant all around. Chris Pratt gives a decent enough performance. It's worth watching if you're at a loose end.

The Accountant - 5/10
Ben Affleck's acting is 90% turd with 10% brilliance thrown in. It's rare that he just makes a decent film. Perhaps because he';s essentially playing the part of someone with almost no personality it suit him? I dunno. But a decent enough action flick.

Last edited by MiNiMaL_FuSS; 17th May 2017 at 19:42.
MiNiMaL_FuSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 19:53   #6196
LennyRhys
Fan Fan

LennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 9/10

Great movie, almost good enough for a perfect score but I had to deduct a point because of...

Drax being milked excessively for comedy, and the cringe moments.
Old 18th May 2017, 08:29   #6197
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS View Post
Arrival - 7/10
I really liked this, some of the acting was a little bit questionable in places as were some of the plot points, but it was a really intriguing little movie and I've a bit of a soft spot for it.
Once you get your head around the fact that all the bits about her kid are flash-forwards, not flashbacks, it makes a lot more sense!
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 16:12   #6198
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Alien: Covenant - 8/10

I can see a lot of critics on here but I'm going to stick to what me gut rated this and give it an 8. The terror and tension and build up was excellent and the visuals didn't disappoint. I love getting caught up in the world behind the Alien franchise as much as the onscreen alien action. I enjoyed the gore and terror and action and didn't think the plot was bad at all.

I seem to be in the minority on here but I'm not bothered, I enjoyed it and I'm an avid Aliens universe fan.

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 09:00   #6199
goldstar0011
Mod Master

goldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
Alien: Covenant - 8/10

I can see a lot of critics on here but I'm going to stick to what me gut rated this and give it an 8. The terror and tension and build up was excellent and the visuals didn't disappoint. I love getting caught up in the world behind the Alien franchise as much as the onscreen alien action. I enjoyed the gore and terror and action and didn't think the plot was bad at all.

I seem to be in the minority on here but I'm not bothered, I enjoyed it and I'm an avid Aliens universe fan.
I loved it, am seeing it again tomorrow!!

King Arthur - 6/10

I was expecting this to be a 1/10, nothing in the trailers or details was selling this to be but 15 mins in I was already liking it, it's a simple film, a simple story, no over exaggerated acting (even Beckhams small role was ok).

I won't say see this over Guardians 2 or Aliens, but if you have money to burn or a cinema pass, go enjoy it.
goldstar0011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 11:49   #6200
Porkins' Wingman
Can't touch this

Porkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Me and the missus tried watching La La Land - You gave this **** Oscars?/10 the other night on DVD.

Anyone else have this on DVD? We had a terrible viewing experience with ours - any motion beyond a crawl was blurry with jagged lines. The whole opening dance sequence on the freeway just looked atrocious because of it, and made us hate the film before it got going, because the blurriness never stopped, it just didn't feature so much in the more static shots.

Anyway - missus gave up after 10 minutes, and I gave up after an hour. Seemed much more of a piece of nostalgic cinema art than modern entertainment. Thoroughly boring, and too much generic jazz music. I actually found myself liking it for a few minutes when they did a dance number to some orchestral music, but then it went back to jazz and I wanted to break it.

While I think there was probably some good stuff visually in there, the jagged blurriness issue totally undermined any of it.

The only reason I can think of for this getting Oscars and nearly winning best film is because it's set in LA and does that thing of mocking LA culture but really celebrating it. I was kind of reminded of Swingers, but Swingers is actually a very good film, La La Land is just annoying.
"Porkins' Wingman's post is just about the most thoughtful, inciteful post I have ever read on a public forum anywhere. It has made me think....which is no mean feat in itself." - Provoking thought since 8th March 2014
Porkins' Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
films, pasteurized 4 life, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode