bit-tech.net

Old 14th Feb 2011, 12:17   #181
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Some nifty looking stuff there fella!

Where do you get that card/material from?

I've been trying to get my hands on a Ghost in the Shell (1st movie) Tank model for years, but can't find anything detailed enough.

Sui Generis: i7 5820K, Corsair H105, 16GB Kingston 2133, ASUS X99-S, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M2, Samsung 850 1TB EVO, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, MSI GTX 970, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, AOC 34", Logitech G15, Shogun Bros Ballista Mk-1, Corsair 1500.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2011, 13:33   #182
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I suspect it's plasticard, NaloaC.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=p...N&hl=en&tab=wf That kind of stuff.
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2011, 15:06   #183
TechnoScream
Hypermodder

TechnoScream can run CrysisTechnoScream can run CrysisTechnoScream can run CrysisTechnoScream can run CrysisTechnoScream can run CrysisTechnoScream can run CrysisTechnoScream can run CrysisTechnoScream can run CrysisTechnoScream can run Crysis
Yep thats right, I've worked primarily with plasticard for all these models.
TechnoScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 09:37   #184
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan

The current state of play on my Baneblade. Still got a lot of work to do on the.. Everything. Got to do the tracks, the under carriage, the lights (They're not glued on yet), finish the turret, the side sponsons, then I've got to decide on names, and do the name plates, then the squadron markings. I might be there for a while..

..Yes, I am doing a layer of a badab black was before I do certain detailing.

I susbscribe to the "dirty" 40k theory. A sort of "In a constant war, where do you find time to stop and clean your war machines?" theory.

Krylon "camouflage" series Dark Grey, then different mixes of skull white and chaos black for the camo patterns.
Old 15th Feb 2011, 10:08   #185
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That is pretty f*****g epic there fella!

I'd love to get my hands on a shadowsword tank, but again, it's dependant upon my winning the lotto right about now...

Sui Generis: i7 5820K, Corsair H105, 16GB Kingston 2133, ASUS X99-S, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M2, Samsung 850 1TB EVO, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, MSI GTX 970, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, AOC 34", Logitech G15, Shogun Bros Ballista Mk-1, Corsair 1500.
Old 15th Feb 2011, 11:02   #186
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Thanks man.

Yeah, I'd kill for a Stormblade, but I can't justify the expense. If there was a plastic kit, on the other hand..

I'd like to do an apocalypse-rules game with my Black Templars fielding some Cadian armour for support - But finding someone willing to go against that is.. Difficult, so far at least.
Old 15th Feb 2011, 12:24   #187
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Hehehe, no doubt.

Well, I dunked some of the parts of Ghaz into some 4DOT brake fluid this morning, I'll check on them this evening to see if it's working at all in removing the paint.

Old 16th Feb 2011, 11:38   #188
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Well, I check on ol' Ghazghkull this morning.... this paint stripping might take some time.

I brushed away what I thought was only a really thick layer of paint.... turns out there are 4 layers of paint on him. Going to take an age to get it all off. Thinking at this point I would have been better off buying him new....

Old 16th Feb 2011, 14:07   #189
niro
Supermodder

niro has yet to learn the way of the Dremelniro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I used to play games workshop when i was a teenager, but they just kept increasing prices, and it became too much. Am interested now to see what prices are like now after years of being away from GW.
My local store also closed down, so that didnt help either.

I loved all the amazing stuff created from the 'Eavy Metal team and all the people doing custom work. I concentrated on the painting side, and used to take ages to get 1 model done. My favourite of all was the stock standard Lizardman i painted.
But I really could not understand how people managed to paint super fine details on models, as if they were using needles. And when you see staff painting these details just using the standard fine brush they sell, i couldnt believe it.

I spent 100s on GW, and always think it was a shame and waste of money to stop the hobby.
This thread actually makes me wanna select a model and take up painting again.

edit: Actually no i dont wanna take painting up again. 33 for a brush set?! jog on GW, jog the F on

Last edited by niro; 16th Feb 2011 at 14:19.
niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2011, 14:18   #190
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

The prices have definately gone up across the board. Commissar Yarrick costs €20.... He used to be something like 8...

The prices are insane, that and I ran out of people nearby to play against is why I stopped playing, but I still have a backlog of things to paint.

Old 16th Feb 2011, 16:35   #191
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Yeah, 23 for ten marines is OTT.

I'm tempted to scout around ebay for some I can strip and repaint or something. Gotta be cheaper marines out there..
Old 16th Feb 2011, 17:12   #192
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Picked up a Space Marine battleforce just before Christmas for 50,
1x Rhino
10x Tactical Marines
5x combat squad
5x Scouts
5x Assault Marines

which works out slightly cheaper

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2011, 19:06   #193
Cerberus90
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Cerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I added up my costs so far the other day.

So far I've bought :

40k rule book
Necron codex
Necron Lord
Necron warriors (full squad)
necron warriors (4 full models, bits for another 2 or 3)
tomb spyder
paints (snot green, mithril silver, black wash, regal blue)

So far its come to 77!!

Bloody lot of money for a few bits of plastic,

I thought about selling my LOTR army, but I'd rather keep it,

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2011, 19:12   #194
tristanperry
Hypermodder

tristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus90 View Post
I added up my costs so far the other day.

So far I've bought :

40k rule book
Necron codex
Necron Lord
Necron warriors (full squad)
necron warriors (4 full models, bits for another 2 or 3)
tomb spyder
paints (snot green, mithril silver, black wash, regal blue)

So far its come to 77!!

Bloody lot of money for a few bits of plastic,

I thought about selling my LOTR army, but I'd rather keep it,
I don't think that 77 is too bad for that TBH. You get 2 books (one is hardback and very thorough/detailed, and the other is softback but has a lot of colour), and a decent amount of minis considering that the development process for the minis isn't too cheap (when factoring in design, playtesting, cost of raw materials, cost of the moulds, etc).

I went through the GW site a few weeks ago working out how much it'd cost to get a 1,750 point Tau army, with all the paints and modelling equipment from scratch. I think it came to something like 400-450. Which sounds a lot, but that's then everything you'd need to potentially play 100s or even 1000s of hours worth of matches (including tournaments if you'd like) over many years.

Which compared to the cost of buying computer hardware (where 400-450 can be the cost of 1 graphics card, a product which would lose its value massively within 1-2 years) is IMO good.

Just my $0.02. So yeah, I can understand that it's expensive at times (and certain GW prices for certain models/sets are crazy), although compared to other hobbies I don't think it's too bad.
Old 16th Feb 2011, 19:19   #195
ripmax
Supermodder

ripmax is a Super Spamming Saiyanripmax is a Super Spamming Saiyanripmax is a Super Spamming Saiyanripmax is a Super Spamming Saiyanripmax is a Super Spamming Saiyanripmax is a Super Spamming Saiyanripmax is a Super Spamming Saiyanripmax is a Super Spamming Saiyanripmax is a Super Spamming Saiyanripmax is a Super Spamming Saiyanripmax is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I never buy stuff directly from Gamesworkshop, i either get them 2nd hand from ebay or new from http://www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk/ I got half of my Tau army from them and the other half from ebay.
ripmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2011, 20:20   #196
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I use wayland games, they're usually pretty good

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2011, 21:06   #197
Cerberus90
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Cerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanperry View Post
I don't think that 77 is too bad for that TBH. You get 2 books (one is hardback and very thorough/detailed, and the other is softback but has a lot of colour), and a decent amount of minis considering that the development process for the minis isn't too cheap (when factoring in design, playtesting, cost of raw materials, cost of the moulds, etc).

I went through the GW site a few weeks ago working out how much it'd cost to get a 1,750 point Tau army, with all the paints and modelling equipment from scratch. I think it came to something like 400-450. Which sounds a lot, but that's then everything you'd need to potentially play 100s or even 1000s of hours worth of matches (including tournaments if you'd like) over many years.

Which compared to the cost of buying computer hardware (where 400-450 can be the cost of 1 graphics card, a product which would lose its value massively within 1-2 years) is IMO good.

Just my $0.02. So yeah, I can understand that it's expensive at times (and certain GW prices for certain models/sets are crazy), although compared to other hobbies I don't think it's too bad.

Yeah its not too bad.
I reckon if I'd bought the battleforce, for about 41, and then a lord, along with the rule book and codex I probably would have got a better deal, but hey ho, live and learn,

Also the rule book I got is the small A5 one, 14.99 with the templates and dice.
Codex was only 4.85 inc delivery.

I've got everything for atleast 25% discount over GW, some bits up to 50% off.

My concern was I spent 120 on a LOTR army a couple of years ago, and never used it, painted everything up, but have never played a game with them.

I need to sell some stuff to get some money back, , tons of crap around here, just I never seem to want to sell it as I either think it'll come in handy at some point, or I put so much time into the things that I'd rather keep them,

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2011, 21:08   #198
tristanperry
Hypermodder

tristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus90 View Post
Yeah its not too bad.

Also the rule book I got is the small A5 one, 14.99 with the templates and dice.
Codex was only 4.85 inc delivery.

I've got everything for atleast 25% discount over GW, some bits up to 50% off.

My concern was I spent 120 on a LOTR army a couple of years ago, and never used it, painted everything up, but have never played a game with them.

I need to sell some stuff to get some money back, , tons of crap around here, just I never seem to want to sell it as I either think it'll come in handy at some point, or I put so much time into the things that I'd rather keep them,
Ah yeah that makes sense. LOTR looked cool but it (unfortunately) didn't really take off. Has some cool models and all though.
Old 16th Feb 2011, 23:47   #199
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
Yeah, 23 for ten marines is OTT.

I'm tempted to scout around ebay for some I can strip and repaint or something. Gotta be cheaper marines out there..
Considering how much it cost GW to make the first box of marines the price is not that bad, design process aside its the machine that costs the money into 6 figures.

GW is proably cheaper then other hobbys, at the end of the day you spend money on it beacuse you enjoy it, cost are up everywhere.

NaloaC buy a bottle of fairy power spray will strip Ghazghkull alot quicker ive seen it done to a few armies at my local gw store- most recently a entire metal sisters of battle army.
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2011, 09:15   #200
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccxo View Post
Considering how much it cost GW to make the first box of marines the price is not that bad, design process aside its the machine that costs the money into 6 figures.

GW is proably cheaper then other hobbys, at the end of the day you spend money on it beacuse you enjoy it, cost are up everywhere.

NaloaC buy a bottle of fairy power spray will strip Ghazghkull alot quicker ive seen it done to a few armies at my local gw store- most recently a entire metal sisters of battle army.
I understand there are production costs, and that the design times are costly, but this many years after standard tac. marines got an overhaul, and the fact that the production has probably been significantly improved since I started, it seems a shade unfair that the prices have only gone up - When there are other companies selling the same stuff at 20% less than GW, and must still be making a profit.

Not, however, that it's ever stopped me buying from GW. I've bought from Total Wargamer, but I'm not a fan of their communication (Well, lack of) and their pretty slow shipping.

Besides, going to the store is always a giggle.

Tags
40k, games workshop, no skimlinks, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, white dwarf