bit-tech.net

Old 21st Jan 2011, 19:09   #121
Silver51
I cast flare!

Silver51 is definitely a rep cheat.Silver51 is definitely a rep cheat.Silver51 is definitely a rep cheat.Silver51 is definitely a rep cheat.Silver51 is definitely a rep cheat.Silver51 is definitely a rep cheat.Silver51 is definitely a rep cheat.Silver51 is definitely a rep cheat.Silver51 is definitely a rep cheat.Silver51 is definitely a rep cheat.Silver51 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throbbi View Post
So many things not in 40k anymore ... all the Phoenix Lords...
Wait, what? When did that happen?

Close combat was all about the harlequins. I remember having to use rules from issue 39 of the Citadel Journal because they weren't in the Codex at the time.
Silver51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2011, 19:23   #122
Tokukachi
Multimodder

Tokukachi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
So many things not in 40k anymore that i used to love. Shok Attack Gun, Thudd Gun, Squats, old shape Orc dreadnought (dustbin with arms and legs) and all the Phoenix Lords, damn they were cool models.
You sure? (apart from squats)

Shokk attack gun
Thudd Gun
Dread
Phoenix Lords

I've been collecting on and off for 16+ years now, I have about 25k of Dark angels, 3 battle companies, Half the Deathwing, Half the Ravenwing and about 50 scouts, plus vehicles including a thunderhawk

Only problem is, about half of its built, and even less is painted. Will post some pics up
Tokukachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2011, 19:33   #123
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAWL View Post
haha, a friend has two Dreadnoughts like that called "Bill" and "Ted" one had an assault cannon and one had a las-cannon. I've watched him win battles against whole Eldar forces with them.
I plan on naming each member of my new-founded Imperial Guard army. Right now it's just a Company Command Squad, Leman Russ Vanquisher w/ Knight Commander Pask, Armored Sentinel, and a Veteran Squad.

Only two have been named so far, one is Curious George. He's part of a Heavy Weapons Team and is bending behind his gunner in the most curious way, with a missile in hand. It gets a bit lonely in the Guard. Let your mind wander in the gutter for a bit.

The other is Silly Steven Sanders. I messed up making him and he ended up hugging his gun closer than normal and looks scared half to death.
Old 21st Jan 2011, 19:33   #124
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Awesome! I had no idea they'd been kept in (or brought back) might startdown the 40k route again, cheers guys.
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2011, 22:21   #125
tristanperry
Hypermodder

tristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat69 View Post
I've been collecting on and off for 16+ years now, I have about 25k of Dark angels, 3 battle companies, Half the Deathwing, Half the Ravenwing and about 50 scouts, plus vehicles including a thunderhawk

Only problem is, about half of its built, and even less is painted. Will post some pics up

Pics or it didn't happen 0_o (but seriously, pics would be awesome -25k ?!)
Old 21st Jan 2011, 23:05   #126
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

Here's my Legion of the Damned Sergeant Centurius

and the (unpainted) Squats that I mentioned in the Dawn of War retribution thread

edit: added 1 Terminator, My Fallen DA Commander (Cypher) and captain

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk

Last edited by Blademrk; 23rd Jan 2011 at 18:27.
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 08:38   #127
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I still have my Legion of the Damned models lying around somewhere. Never got around to painting them at all. Shredded most of them to pieces for customisation of elite squads.

Crikey, those squats would be worth a fair bit right now!

Sui Generis: i7 5820K, Corsair H105, 16GB Kingston 2133, ASUS X99-S, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M2, Samsung 850 1TB EVO, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, MSI GTX 970, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, AOC 34", Logitech G15, Shogun Bros Ballista Mk-1, Corsair 1500.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 12:05   #128
tennisball
[Insert witty comment here]

tennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Finally got around to taking some pictures.

I started painting my Dark Elves other Christmas, quite happy with how the colour scheme turned out.

I did this back in 2008 when my local store was doing a painting competition (I think all the stores were doing one at the same time, might've had a name).

And I did this one more recently for a competition they did when the latest WFB starter kit came out.

Does anyone still play Lord of The Rings anymore? Used to love that game, seems to have pretty much died out now
tennisball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 12:13   #129
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisball View Post
Does anyone still play Lord of The Rings anymore?
lol only online i'm afraid. I never got into the Lord Of The Rings battle gamesbut kept looking at various models (Balrog, Mumakil,Winged Terror etc.) and thinking 'Can i justify 50 just to paint it?'

Thats a nice job on the orc mate
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 12:17   #130
Pete J
RIP Teelzebub

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat69 View Post
Phoenix Lords

Jaysus . 10.25 for a Phoenix Lord?! I remember paying 3-4. GW must be making money hand over fist (and I think they are IIRC).

I've always wanted a Deathwing army but my crap painting 'skills' and the expensive models put me off. Maybe later in life I'll hire a professional to make an army.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademrk View Post
Legion of the Damned Sergeant Centurius
IIRC, that was a limited edition model that came out with a White Dwarf. Must be worth a fair bit of money now!
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 13:18   #131
tristanperry
Hypermodder

tristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyantristanperry is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J View Post
Jaysus . 10.25 for a Phoenix Lord?! I remember paying 3-4. GW must be making money hand over fist (and I think they are IIRC).
http://www.halifaxmarketwatch.co.uk/...rch_phrase=gaw

So it varies. GW invested a fair amount into LoTR and it didn't really pay off for them, hence the loss in 06-07 and only a slim profit in 07-08.

This also got them into a bit of debt (I'm thinking 10m but might be wrong), although in the past few years they cut costs a fair bit and have now cleared all/most of the debt (Page 5).

So it's not really a case of them making money hand over first based on the past 5 years, but things definitely are starting to get much better for them.

Edit: Or so I thought. Apparently GW warned of bad sales a couple of weeks ago and there's growing apathy from some of the core fans (e.g. as can be seen here and here). So whilst their prices are fairly high, it doesn't seem as though they're rolling in it.

Last edited by tristanperry; 23rd Jan 2011 at 13:29.
tristanperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 13:56   #132
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J View Post

IIRC, that was a limited edition model that came out with a White Dwarf. Must be worth a fair bit of money now!
It was for the opening of the 100th store back in '96

Not a skimlink: Centarius

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 14:21   #133
Cerberus90
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Cerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
lol only online i'm afraid. I never got into the Lord Of The Rings battle gamesbut kept looking at various models (Balrog, Mumakil,Winged Terror etc.) and thinking 'Can i justify 50 just to paint it?'

Thats a nice job on the orc mate

I did,

I worked out I'd spent about 120 on LOTR stuff, and never really battled with it.

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 18:46   #134
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
My incomplete start of a return to 40k:

Still need to finish a top hatch (It's not glued down) and the two side hatches, and some detailing.

Two red LED's, one white. Completely unnecessary and totally pathetic compared to the RC one that's floating around youtube, or the real Rhino that was done for DoWII, but hey. I had a soldering iron, and an urge to build a land raider >.>
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 20:01   #135
Tokukachi
Multimodder

Tokukachi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quick pic from about 4 months ago from my iphone, will get better pics and picks off all the stuff to be built, probably about 30% of the total in this pic.

Tokukachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2011, 01:22   #136
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisball View Post
Does anyone still play Lord of The Rings anymore? Used to love that game, seems to have pretty much died out now
LOTR is still about in GW but they made a newer game called War of the Ring, basically simpliefies the game down so its about masses of models ie blocks of 30+ etc big dice rolls etc.

So a quicker/easier way to play with LOTR models, also when the hobbit films come out GW should do very well out of that in terms of sales.

War of the ring is worth a look for people with large LOTR armies.

GW's sales like other companies did take a hit with the bad weather over the Christmas period, is why Grey Knights have been brought up to a earlier release date.

Last edited by ccxo; 24th Jan 2011 at 01:32.
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2011, 14:49   #137
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Neat, that is one hell of alot of unpainted minis! Talk about a backlog

Looks suitably epic though

Judging from the size of it, I'm guessing that's a Baneblade higher up?

Sui Generis: i7 5820K, Corsair H105, 16GB Kingston 2133, ASUS X99-S, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M2, Samsung 850 1TB EVO, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, MSI GTX 970, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, AOC 34", Logitech G15, Shogun Bros Ballista Mk-1, Corsair 1500.
Old 24th Jan 2011, 15:35   #138
tennisball
[Insert witty comment here]

tennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
War of the ring ruins it for me, I liked the small skirmish battles. War of the Ring seems to have died out, too, I'm seen about 5 games of it in my local store since it came out in '08.
tennisball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2011, 10:21   #139
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BRAWL.... you wanted Imperator titans.... this might interest you

Imperator Titan model for sale on Ebay, current bid = 2 sterling.

They don't make them and haven't since the mid '90s, so there is your chance

I've been ploughing through my old discard minis the last few days seeing what I still have left to assemble and paint. There's 2 units of Saurus warriors from FB, Krog Gar on the carnosaur, my Necron Pariahs, still need to finish my Leman Russ, my Cadians. Need to complete my Kasrkin squad as well. I am doing them in winter Camo instead of the normal cadian style.

Last edited by [ZiiP] NaloaC; 25th Jan 2011 at 10:27.
Old 25th Jan 2011, 13:49   #140
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Here's another one of mine I have kicking about, normally sits on top of my screen at work.

Not done anything with it for around 8 years now and some bits such as the plume and some bits on the wolf still need finishing.

Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
40k, games workshop, no skimlinks, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, white dwarf