bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 31st Mar 2013, 02:52   #181
boiled_elephant
Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

boiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliqu3011 View Post
the artstyle
Answered your own speculation there. Like Bioshock and all games that sell on vision and art direction and setting, it's going to be Marmite: you either find the setting interesting and find the art and vision to your personal tastes, or you don't. And I guess if you don't (again, as with Bioshock), the game doesn't have much else to sell it.

Saying it's **** is a bit hasty, though, Gunnie. Sounds like it's all about the aesthetic and the concept, and aesthetics can't be good or bad - just appealing or unappealing. Though if you were to say the gameplay were ****, I'd probably believe you.

Will still check it out, though. Bioshock's gameplay was a pile of arse, but I still enjoyed it for its art, design and concept. Dishonoured sounds like the same deal.
boiled_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 04:13   #182
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Honestly I think the gameplay is pretty awesome, once you resign yourself to the fact that people have died and Dunwall will probably never be a happy place again and revell in the badassery available to you, theres lots of fun to be had.

I found there was a definite evil progression as I went through the game, started out real careful and cautious and by the end I almost rang the alarms myself just so I could have some more fun. The sword combat feels good, added with some buffed agility, speed and blinking...? Time for a second run I think...
Old 31st Mar 2013, 16:54   #183
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiled_elephant View Post
Saying it's **** is a bit hasty, though, Gunnie. Sounds like it's all about the aesthetic and the concept, and aesthetics can't be good or bad - just appealing or unappealing. Though if you were to say the gameplay were ****, I'd probably believe you.
It was, though. Think "Thief" but with some supernatural crutches to help with the "hard bits", and you have Dishonoured. Oh, and add a storyline so cliche and predictable that practically anyone who has ever read any fantasy or steampunk novel ever would have been able to tell you every twist coming after the intro scene.

Dishonoured had all the ingredients of a first-rate game (well, except using Unreal Engine 3) but somehow it just managed to miss every target it aimed for. For me, anyway. Of course, YMMV... everyone's different.

It's odd, actually - I quite liked it initially and I held off forming a solid opinion of it until I completed it, but that just made it all the more damnable when it came down to summarising it.

Can't give a solid hold on what I last completed; I've had several things on the go recently dependent on what I felt motivated to play. Skyrim (again - if you can consider it 'complete'), Saint's Row 3 or Disgaea 3 are the top contenders. Been playing Defense Grid again with the Containment DLC, but haven't managed to Gold all the levels, so it's not complete yet.
Old 31st Mar 2013, 18:16   #184
AverageNinja
Almost an EpicNinja

AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.
I loved dishonored when I played it my friends house, though it was really hard for a perfectionist like me. I wanted to play "Snake" style. Kill everyone, unseen and silently. And nobody finds the body.
It's all a matter of taste though.
AverageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2013, 18:23   #185
Votick
My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Votick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Bioshock Infinite. I enjoyed it.
Votick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2013, 20:33   #186
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just completed Dishonoured tonight - did half when it came out and completed it over the last couple of days. I have to say that I really enjoyed it. No QTE sequences and only minimal cut scenes. I also like the fact that the levels were cleverly designed in that I never felt hemmed in.

I was a little disappointed that a lot of the skills were none-stealth. I felt they could have added more for the sneaky silent type.

I thought that all in all it was innovative and I would definitely like to see a sequel - as long as they don't go down the 'making it more accessible' route!

I am looking forward to the Knife of Dunwall DLC now!

Now, on to Bioshock Infinite....

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 07:56   #187
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Borderlands 2. It was good, though I was planning to do a second run through with my character (Zero), the last 2 hours of gameplay became a bit painful, so not going to any more.
Think it's cause I have to do all side quests, steam says I've played 88 hours so far...

Moved onto Dead island for now - another game that's horridly long if you so inclined to do all the side quests.
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 14:15   #188
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Finished Tomb Raider on my PS3 last night, it's a nice game but is completely ruined beyond belief by the obsessive use of QTE. Shame really as it could have been a really good game if the gameplay was a bit more free form.

Now moving onto the Bioshock series.
I'm a little surprised I've had the first two games since launch and am only just getting around to playing them now.

I'm also still currently playing through Far Cry 3 on the 360 at the same time. I think I'm roughly 60% through the main story. Taking my time on it as I'm having lots of fun off-roading and jumping off high points to glide around in the wing suit.
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 14:37   #189
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
I am looking forward to the Knife of Dunwall DLC now!
Can't wait to play this! Why's there no price on Steam?
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 15:20   #190
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Cause it's not out yet

April 16th
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 19:16   #191
October
Mariachi Style

Never stopped them having a price before... I want to preorder!
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 20:28   #192
Porkins' Wingman
Can't touch this

Porkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
GTA:IV - only completed as in finished the final main mission and got the "I won!" message. I'm not really one for side-missions, collecting etc. so probably won't play much more of it. Still got Episodes From Liberty City to play. Most of the characters and the dialogue in GTA:IV really make it enjoyable and stand out from any other game I've played - if they can just make the gameplay a bit less repetitive and stop me having to do all the driving again (and re-stocking ammo) after failing a mission then it becomes a near perfect experience (other than the few bugs I encountered, of course). Niko Belic's dialogue and voice-acting is what carries the game - I don't think I've ever played with a character I've liked more (well, not since Guybrush Threepwood, anyway).

This is the first game I've completed in approximately ever (again, Secret of Monkey Island is probably the last. I just don't tend to get the time or inclination to see most games to the end).
"Porkins' Wingman's post is just about the most thoughtful, inciteful post I have ever read on a public forum anywhere. It has made me think....which is no mean feat in itself." - Provoking thought since 8th March 2014
Porkins' Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2013, 20:55   #193
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker was recently "completed". The credits rolled, but it's not yet done! Still more story missions, and many many more extra missions. It never ceases to amaze me how each game can answer so many questions, while creating 10x more.
Old 3rd Apr 2013, 13:58   #194
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Blademrk is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Need to clear some space on my PS3 HDD, so I finished Sly Cooper 1 last night (2 & 3 to go). Nice easy game, and quite fun.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2013, 15:32   #195
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd

Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
BlackThorne. A SNES game made by this really new, unknown company called Blizzard; i'm not sure, have you heard of them?
Old 4th Apr 2013, 09:27   #196
Weebob
Modder

Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwisdom View Post
BlackThorne. A SNES game made by this really new, unknown company called Blizzard; i'm not sure, have you heard of them?
I played that on the 32x, awesome game, never finished it, may have to change that!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Weebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2013, 09:40   #197
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Bioshock Infinite, incredible game.
GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2013, 09:51   #198
Weebob
Modder

Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Weebob - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySmacked View Post
Bioshock Infinite, incredible game.
Worth it then, iv got it as part of the never settle AMD bundle, just got round to it yet.
Weebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2013, 09:53   #199
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Definitely.
GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2013, 22:36   #200
TrevDX
Ah Who Cares Anyway???

TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Finished Bioshock Infinite. Wow. Now to see if I can play through Bioshock again and if there's any hi-res texture packs.

Steam : TrevDX
TrevDX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
say yes to pee pee, say yes to skimmed milk, the onion ring