bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 24th Nov 2012, 11:10   #81
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemorton View Post
Battlefield 3
I went back and finished the BF3 SP campaign last week; the graphics are so good it made my eyes water.

The SP isn't as bad as it's made out, it has some lovely set pieces but the whole thing is ruined by the truly awful quick time events. Still it's worth a play though in my opinion.

Anyway enjoy Max Payne 3; I really had fun with that game!
GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2012, 11:21   #82
mikemorton
Hypermodder

mikemorton has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikemorton has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikemorton has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I couldn't agree more.

And boy I loved the F/A-18 mission!
mikemorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2012, 11:53   #83
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenstar View Post
Been having a bit of a blitz through some of my games recently, so far I've finished/re-done the following in the past two weeks:

Anno 1404 & Venice
Crysis
Crysis 2
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway
Cryostasis
Myst 1 - 4 (currently playing 5)
Lionheart - Legacy of the Crusader

Once I finish Myst 5, I'll be moving on to the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series... followed by the complete Settlers series.
Completed 1404 and Venice in the past 2 weeks? As in done all of the missions??

How much time did you play games :P
GeorgeStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2012, 16:19   #84
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
Completed 1404 and Venice in the past 2 weeks? As in done all of the missions??

How much time did you play games :P
I didn't start everything from scratch.
I had a few incomplete save games from when I had to drop everything to have some operations.

The only ones started from the very beginning were Cryostasis & Myst 4.

As I've been off work recovering from the operations, I've spent the good part of 14+ hours a day playing for the past few weeks.
I think even playing religiously all day and night, that still wouldn't be enough time to fully finish Anno and the expansion from the beginning.
Old 24th Nov 2012, 16:30   #85
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenstar View Post
I didn't start everything from scratch.
I had a few incomplete save games from when I had to drop everything to have some operations.

The only ones started from the very beginning were Cryostasis & Myst 4.

As I've been off work recovering from the operations, I've spent the good part of 14+ hours a day playing for the past few weeks.
I think even playing religiously all day and night, that still wouldn't be enough time to fully finish Anno and the expansion from the beginning.
Ah, makes sense :P
Only missions I've completed on 1404 is Master Builder I think :P (and one other actually, which was just an easier version if I remember correctly)
Never really done missions on those kinda games, but I'm aiming to start working through the games I have and actually trying to do missions.
Old 25th Nov 2012, 09:57   #86
Xthlon
What's a Dremel?

Xthlon has yet to learn the way of the DremelXthlon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well if you can count it as a game yesterday i played and finished all five episodes of the walking dead game, else it was NFS:MW
Xthlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2012, 10:02   #87
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xthlon View Post
Well if you can count it as a game yesterday i played and finished all five episodes of the walking dead game, else it was NFS:MW
I gave up with Walking Dead as every time a new episode came, it did not remember my choices from the previous game or even recognise that I done them at all. By the time Ep 4 came along I had got fed up of replaying each of the previous ones!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2012, 12:40   #88
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Finished hotline Miami.

Its a good game, enjoyable but certainly one dimensional as well. It had some of the worst bugs of any game I have bought. Occasional crashes, weird thing where the printer spooler service needed to be turned off in order for the sound to work. Its clear from the music and graphics they were going for a certain style. But that doesn't change the fact the graphics are pants.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2012, 18:11   #89
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Portal 2 - I seriously don't know how they consistently pull off amazing games. I was again impressed and enjoyed it thoroughly.

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2012, 21:27   #90
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
Portal 2 - I seriously don't know how they consistently pull off amazing games. I was again impressed and enjoyed it thoroughly.
I bought both games during the last sale and really enjoyed them. Gladis made me chuckle throughout and the singing at the end :-)
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Dec 2012, 08:30   #91
Snakko
exterminate

Snakko is definitely a rep cheat.Snakko is definitely a rep cheat.Snakko is definitely a rep cheat.Snakko is definitely a rep cheat.Snakko is definitely a rep cheat.Snakko is definitely a rep cheat.Snakko is definitely a rep cheat.Snakko is definitely a rep cheat.Snakko is definitely a rep cheat.Snakko is definitely a rep cheat.Snakko is definitely a rep cheat.
Portal 2, both single and coop.

The coop is simply awesome.
Snakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Dec 2012, 11:23   #92
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Sniper Elite V2.

The story is a little short, do-able in under 4 hours if you don't care about being detected.
I'll have to replay it sometime soon on the highest difficulty and try remain undetected throughout.
Old 29th Dec 2012, 15:12   #93
SonnyJim
Multimodder

SonnyJim is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SonnyJim is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SonnyJim is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SonnyJim is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SonnyJim is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SonnyJim is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SonnyJim is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SonnyJim is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SonnyJim is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SonnyJim is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SonnyJim is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I finally completed LA Noire the other day. It was nice to see a game with such a deep, multi-layered story again.

Playing Sleeping Dogs now. Love it! I've been a fan of Hong Kong cinema since I was a child. Watched the Infernal Affairs trilogy multiple times, so this game is right up my alley.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
i5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz l Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H l Corsair H110i GT l 8GB G-Skill Sniper l EVGA GTX 780Ti Classified Kingpin 3GB l 256GB Samsung 830 SSD l Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W PSU l Fractal Design R5 Blackout l Acer K272HUL monitor

Last edited by SonnyJim; 29th Dec 2012 at 17:27.
SonnyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Dec 2012, 15:30   #94
Mr Flibbles
I'm not part of the solution....

Mr Flibbles has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Flibbles has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Flibbles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Game I've recently completed was Assassins Creed 3.

Generally a pretty decent game, a few glitches here and there. nice story line, right up until the end.
Mr Flibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 00:01   #95
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Finished wings of prey on simulator. I thought it was a challenging and enjoyable game. One or two of the missions were incredibly difficult on simulator difficulty and had me stuck for ages. The visuals were great and there was a distinct lack of popup. Other games with much shorter viewing distances can suffer badly from this, so its another point in the games favour.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 00:14   #96
User-sam
The force is strong with this one.

User-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The walking Dead. Not only one of the best story games i have played this year but in my life. Cannot say enough good things about it.
User-sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 01:33   #97
Orko
Minimodder

Orko has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I am so bad at finishing games .. the only ones I have really played to the end were Bioshock and Neverwinter Nights
Orko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 05:16   #98
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I don't even remember the last game I finished for the first time ... However the last game I finished (period) was Mega Man III last month (for the 1000th time)

Most of the time I don't finish my games, though. I just get bored very quickly and go back to playing my multiplayer classics. I didn't use to be like this but PC (online) gaming changed me
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 05:16   #99
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
EDIT: lagged out and double posted
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 17:34   #100
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

Not very good at games (and hence completing them) however just finished Metro 2033.
Great game, so atmospheric. Will probably give it another play in the future on one of the ranger modes.

Not sure what game I'll try and play next, haven't really played many games like that this year, played lots of TF2 and Anno games, not really games you 'complete' in the same way.

Tags
say yes to pee pee, say yes to skimmed milk, the onion ring