bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Bit Tech Squadron name?
Bit Faction 3 12.00%
Bit Cartel 1 4.00%
Bit Sec 12 48.00%
Bit Butchers 0 0%
BIT 3 12.00%
Bit Syndicate 2 8.00%
Bit Technologies 4 16.00%
Bit Sovereignty 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17th May 2017, 19:46   #7121
bawjaws
Mod Master

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
How much did you pledge/invest/spend all in, Paul, if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business, of course!
bawjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 20:01   #7122
N17 dizzi
Mod Amateur

N17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I know how you feel Paul, I cashed out a while back. Got my original starter package. It has been going this way for sometime.
N17 dizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 20:59   #7123
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I was thinking that today.... I mean, its been 5 years since I backed, and if its 5 years until its out I'll be a completely different person, probably with kids and a lot less time! Reckon my account is worth $600 or so on the grey market.

That said, I think this CCU shizz has been blown out of proportion. I have a few, but feel like really, if they take them away, I can always melt the ships I've got and get different ones. Most of them are on sale now and again.

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 21:48   #7124
DeckerdBR
Ultramodder

DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What are they thinking!? I get that they want to stop abuse of the system by profiteering but in their own words if less than 1% of the player base is stockpiling multiple of CCU's why punish everybody else for it?

Given how little 'career' gameplay there is currently, how is anyone meant to know what they will like or how the ships will end up? it's stupid to try and lock everyone in at the Alpha stage and their flimsy reasoning on this issue has rightly caused ire in the community!

What a mess...
Want to Join Star Citizen? Use my referral code (STAR-N6W9-NF2R) for a 5,000 UEC (in game currency) Bonus when you sign up!
DeckerdBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 22:13   #7125
PaulC2K
PC Master Race

PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawjaws View Post
How much did you pledge/invest/spend all in, Paul, if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business, of course!
Mind your own business

Somewhere just over $1k in total, though the refund would be around $875.

Most of it was a single $500 credit purchase, with a view to eventually getting a BMM & Retaliator, but i basically happened to have some money come in and i wanted to help fund things. That same attitude today would be penalised by War Bonds. They entice people to spend money, and if you dont like the ship then you now know not to add funds until they sell something you want, because otherwise you pay more if you dont add credit until you can get your 10-15% discount ($675 vs $750 on the Polaris, $300 vs $350 on recent BMM sale).

I just dont like what its become, every element of development is something i think they're doing pretty much spot on, however the financing side is a monster.
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 22:55   #7126
PaulC2K
PC Master Race

PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.PaulC2K is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerdBR View Post
What are they thinking!? I get that they want to stop abuse of the system by profiteering but in their own words if less than 1% of the player base is stockpiling multiple of CCU's why punish everybody else for it?

Given how little 'career' gameplay there is currently, how is anyone meant to know what they will like or how the ships will end up? it's stupid to try and lock everyone in at the Alpha stage and their flimsy reasoning on this issue has rightly caused ire in the community!

What a mess...
The 1% are people who are holding TONS of them, however i'd imagine a fair amount of the active community bought $0 BMM to Carrack CCUs either during the holiday sales or just before the price bump, and im pretty sure their story is utter BS. They're simply realising that plenty of people are going to end up with $250 Carracks, and thats just the first of many, so lets plug the hole.

Whats amazing, is that the old system said you just pay $5 more, CCU-Tax. Same loophole, but pay $5 (melt it later if you want), and then convert the next Redeemer -> BMM -> Carrack loophole for $255 instead of $250. Same benefits, same issue for CIG, $5 better off.
This update says we cant $0 CCU to ANY ship until its complete.

This means Carrack, Hull D, Reclaimer, Endeavour, the repair ship (i always forget its name) which are all $350 concept ships, we cant switch between them in the future, you couldnt buy a $0 CCU during the next Anniversary sale because you want the Reclaimer rather than Endeavour, you'd be forced to wait until the Reclaimer was in-game and probably $400+, meaning you'd want to wait for the Endeavours price bump, and if thats $425 - well, tough titty.

Its their policy of nothing ever being simple.

Like you say, we have basic combat, thats the only kind of career you can partially use to asses any career at the moment, and if you mention how you dont like something, you'll be reminded it isnt finished, this isnt how it'll end up...
They want us to commit to a specific ship & career type, and if we're on the fence then be prepared to pay more and wait till we have something to judge it on.
Old 17th May 2017, 23:10   #7127
PaulC2K
PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
That said, I think this CCU shizz has been blown out of proportion. I have a few, but feel like really, if they take them away, I can always melt the ships I've got and get different ones. Most of them are on sale now and again.
To a degree, yes. However the issue is we all know whats coming in the future, we've seen a $175 Starfarer end up at $300, and again a $250 BMM end up at $350.

Being told the $0 safety net allowing you to change your mind freely is going away because their incessant fiddling, cranking up the prices, has opened up an obvious loophole, so thanks for the money, but we cant let you have you safety net. This, on the weekend they hit $149m which the community has given them. Thanks for your support.
Old 18th May 2017, 08:23   #7128
MadGinga
I *am* a Dremel

MadGinga is a Super Spamming SaiyanMadGinga is a Super Spamming SaiyanMadGinga is a Super Spamming SaiyanMadGinga is a Super Spamming SaiyanMadGinga is a Super Spamming SaiyanMadGinga is a Super Spamming SaiyanMadGinga is a Super Spamming SaiyanMadGinga is a Super Spamming SaiyanMadGinga is a Super Spamming SaiyanMadGinga is a Super Spamming SaiyanMadGinga is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulC2K View Post
FTR, i sent a ticket asking for a refund down to a starter package. I backed the game, and a money monster has been created in the process, min-maxing the community and theres enough of that in MMOs and mobile gaming, im not supporting them in the creation of a whole new model to show developers how they can nickle & dime gamers for 5yrs before even coming close to having a beta product. The game is great, development process is great, but im done with their carefree attitude to our money. War Bond ships imply my credit is worth less because they've already got my money, so pay more than someone else. Unmelt lets the greymarket profit for free by using credit to stock up on ships they'll melt and buy later with credit once a customer has bought something, while credit lets you buy back once per quarter. Now this. Nope.
They wont do that, I tried. Its an all-or-nothing activity.
Luckily for me, my starter package was a present from my bro-in-law, so when they refunded and closed my account, it returned to him. I just opened a new account, and he sent it to back...
MadGinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 09:11   #7129
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I don't think BMM to Carrack CCUs $0 have ever been available? The BMM only just got to $350.

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Old 18th May 2017, 11:01   #7130
N17 dizzi
Mod Amateur

N17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yes Tom, that's right. You haven't lost out on a Carrack as it's not been available since the BMM got its price bump. This change seriously F's over people who, as early backers, bought a ship at a lower price and, after having the preordained price increase, can then sidegrade to something more expensive.

I hope this is the start of the end of milking the backer cash cow for CIG. People are not going to keep pledging on unbuilt ships in an unmade game when we have no clue what either is going to be. CCUs made CIG a load of money because people could play with their fleet without risk of being 'stuck' with a crappy ship. This move just doesn't make sense in a pre-alpha game with no game systems built. The whole project just seems ridiculous at this point, 5 years in.

Just get your heads down and release something, Chris Roberts and co. Stop messing around. (They obviously read this board)...

Last edited by N17 dizzi; 18th May 2017 at 11:09.
Old 18th May 2017, 11:11   #7131
Parge
the worst

In other news.... I'm 90% sure that someone is selling the Star Citizen Joystick Prototype on Ebay. They got it (along with a load of other mad katz tat) when the offices closed down.

LINK

Old 18th May 2017, 12:31   #7132
Impatience
Ultramodder

Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.
That definitely is a prototype for Star Citizen, it's got the logo on the thumb stick!
Impatience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 17:39   #7133
N17 dizzi
Mod Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
In other news.... I'm 90% sure that someone is selling the Star Citizen Joystick Prototype on Ebay. They got it (along with a load of other mad katz tat) when the offices closed down.

LINK
The white and orange one?
Old 18th May 2017, 20:26   #7134
Scorpuk
Hypermodder

Scorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run Crysis
Quote:
Project ******* Preview

Greetings Citizen,

You have been selected to receive a special preview of an upcoming joint announcement from Aegis Dynamics and the United Empire of Earth. Please join us via the RSI Comm-Link for an early unveiling of newly-declassified military hardware that the military has been operating against threats to the Empire. Your preview is available here.

PLEASE NOTE: You are receiving this advanced notice because of your status as a loyal UEE Citizen. Until the official announcement, this information is classified ULTRA and should not be shared with non-Citizens.

Divak Azme
Lt. Colonel, UEEN
Public Affairs Attaché
Hmmm...

Last edited by Scorpuk; 18th May 2017 at 20:45.
Scorpuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 20:33   #7135
Scorpuk
Hypermodder

Scorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run Crysis
Upgraded the guns on my Constellation and like them a lot.

Model: REVENANT BALLISTIC GATLING : ¤1,800 REC ea.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/e...-Arms-Revenant

NB: This product is a time limited ROM that will last for 7 periods of 24 hours.

Downside is ammo not energy gun, so need to restock every now and then.

Upside is damn fine DPS. Enemy drop quicker, far quicker.

Especially when I target em right.

I'm flying my Constellation a lot more now in solo missions.
Old 20th May 2017, 07:54   #7136
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming Saiyan
AtV:-

Happy Hour Gamedev Edition:-

In other news:-
  • The $150 million milestone has been passed
  • The Aegis Eclipse sale has begun
  • This month's Jump Point is available to Subscribers

EDIT: The most significant paragraph from this week's Production Schedule:-

Quote:
We’ve made the decision to move our previously stated dates for Evocati, PTU, and Live back by a week. This is due to the complexity and volume of features we are working on for 3.0.0, and we would rather take a little extra time to bring everything up to the level we would want it to release in than trying to rush to complete at the expense of quality.

Last edited by IanW; 20th May 2017 at 08:10.
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 11:38   #7137
bawjaws
Mod Master

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
We’ve made the decision to move our previously stated dates back. This is due to the complexity and volume of features we are working on, and we would rather take a little extra time to bring everything up to the level we would want it to release in than trying to rush to complete at the expense of quality.
There we go, I've tweaked that quote so that it can be reused as and when required.
bawjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 05:52   #7138
PaulC2K
PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGinga View Post
They wont do that, I tried. Its an all-or-nothing activity.
Luckily for me, my starter package was a present from my bro-in-law, so when they refunded and closed my account, it returned to him. I just opened a new account, and he sent it to back...
Yeah, pretty much what they said. Which is an impossibility for me, theres a ship bought from someone im no longer on speaking terms with, and not a hope in hell i'd get the ship back given how he screwed us last time, and there was also $150 in various gift vouchers sent last year from a mate on my birthday, those would return to his account leaving him with credit he didnt ask for and my $150 present gone.
I also dont want to lose my referrals, their rewards, my MVP title, my username/handle, or all the backer rewards given that they've had most of $1k for the best part of 3yrs, and they want to wipe that out, hold my account hostage because im unhappy with them taking the biscuit in the pursuit of money.

Doubt they'll change their mind either, they'll just say tough, thanks for the money.
Old Yesterday, 22:03   #7139
asura
jack of all trades

asura is a Super Spamming Saiyanasura is a Super Spamming Saiyanasura is a Super Spamming Saiyanasura is a Super Spamming Saiyanasura is a Super Spamming Saiyanasura is a Super Spamming Saiyanasura is a Super Spamming Saiyanasura is a Super Spamming Saiyanasura is a Super Spamming Saiyanasura is a Super Spamming Saiyanasura is a Super Spamming Saiyan
King ship at 4:49 in this weeks ATV?
asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:43   #7140
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Let's see:-

IanW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffs evolutionsic y, permission to land, press and hold f g e s, say yes to skimmed milk, skim milk at your peril