bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 1st May 2014, 20:54   #21
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd

Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins' Wingman View Post
I'm on my first run through of Metroid Prime on my Wii. The combination of Samus and the morphball is very satisfying.

Also playing:

FIFA 13 (my staple) - Wii u
Zombi u - Wii u
Far Cry 3 - PC
Assassins Creed 2 - PC
Zelda: Skyward Sword - Wii

Despite this list of ongoing projects, I'm actually spending far more time reading about games and looking for bargain prices than I spend playing them. I'm such a loser.
I've played the first two but only just got the third for the wii. I decided to complete the first two again because they're such great games. It's a shame that nintendo doesn't make another, it'd be a great ace for the Wii U.

I know how you feel, I spend time tinkering with settings and modding games than actually play them. It's so sad.
Old 1st May 2014, 21:54   #22
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd

Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Bought the latest humble bundle. Two on the trot, that's a great haul for someone like me XD

I immediately started playing Aces Wild. It's a throwback to some of the beat em ups of old 8 and 16 bit times but man is it punishing. You need to do serious damage by using power attacks, but you have to do rapid weak attacks to power those attacks up. It's high octane, adrenaline pumping mayhem at its best. I was swearing at myself because I failed a couple times; man it's an awesome one.
Old 2nd May 2014, 04:27   #23
oscy
Supermodder

oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.
Football Manager 2007. I'm taking a break from revision (exams are still about 3 weeks away), and I've had a real hankering for management again, so I'm continuing my main FM career which is FM 07, I'm in the year 2033 or something.
Old 2nd May 2014, 07:10   #24
Retro_Gamer
Multimodder

Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.
I decided to pick up Shadowrun Returns yesterday on Steam with it being cheap. I did used to play the pen & paper version many many years back and also the SNES version back in the day.

Played through the first bit and got up to entering the bar, enjoying it so far, I'm not normally one for turn based combat, prefer real time like IWD & BG. I can't get away with games like Kings Bounty and always get killed by the spiders at the very start of Temple of Elemental Evil, however the combat on this is really fluent and fits the game perfect.
Retro_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:25   #25
adzc1987
Supermodder

adzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeladzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeladzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Space Engineers with a bunch of mates from the guys I play Arma 3 with. great fun, they have made a viper base with a launch tube to shoot vipers (battlestar galactica style).

ARMA3, multiplayer with a group.

Odd titanfall game on xbone.

New Warland game aswell.
adzc1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:58   #26
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Bought because Activision are having a sale. Singularity which I have played before and Timeshift which I have not. And daylight which I have just started and is pretty scary. But there again I am just a big girls blouse.
Carbide 240/Asus Z170M plus/I5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz/Avexir Core Blue Series 16GB /AXP 200 Muscle /Gigabyte FE 1080/500Gb OCZ TR150 SSD/2 x 256Gb SSD/ 2TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U3415/CM TK White (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone GD05B/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/GTX 260/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2711/ E Element Chroma KB /Logitech M518.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:17   #27
Retro_Gamer
Multimodder

Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.Retro_Gamer is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
Bought because Activision are having a sale. Singularity which I have played before and Timeshift which I have not. And daylight which I have just started and is pretty scary. But there again I am just a big girls blouse.
Have you played Amnesia, horror games don't bother me in the slightest but Amnesia really creeped me out. Also Siren Blood Curse on PS3 is creepy as hell, haven't finished it yet and can only play in little bits as it REALLY gets to me, think its the sound direction put to good use with this one, makes it so tense.

Singularity is a pretty cool game, I like the time shifting mechanism used to open up pathways etc. Timeshift I have never played but my son enjoys it on his 360.

EDIT : You can get adult nappies from the Chemist I believe if things get that bad!!!
Retro_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:50   #28
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro_Gamer View Post
Have you played Amnesia, horror games don't bother me in the slightest but Amnesia really creeped me out. Also Siren Blood Curse on PS3 is creepy as hell, haven't finished it yet and can only play in little bits as it REALLY gets to me, think its the sound direction put to good use with this one, makes it so tense.

Singularity is a pretty cool game, I like the time shifting mechanism used to open up pathways etc. Timeshift I have never played but my son enjoys it on his 360.

EDIT : You can get adult nappies from the Chemist I believe if things get that bad!!!
Yep played Amnesia and I agree it was creepy particular when that monster was close by.

I'll keep in mind the adult nappies. Cheers. Lol.
Carbide 240/Asus Z170M plus/I5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz/Avexir Core Blue Series 16GB /AXP 200 Muscle /Gigabyte FE 1080/500Gb OCZ TR150 SSD/2 x 256Gb SSD/ 2TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U3415/CM TK White (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone GD05B/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/GTX 260/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2711/ E Element Chroma KB /Logitech M518.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2014, 23:33   #29
Umbra
Hypermodder

Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.Umbra is definitely a rep cheat.
The Penumbra games are great, seems a lot of people get creeped out playing them, not me of course
Penumbra Black Plague is my fav.

Umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2014, 01:03   #30
mansueto
Too broke to mod

mansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyanmansueto is a Super Spamming Saiyan
copious amounts of dota 2
a bit of diablo 3: Reaper of souls
Black Momba: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz | Corsair H80 | MSI P67A-G43 | 16GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 128GB Corsair M4, 1TB Barricuda | Gigabyte R9 380X | Asus PA248 IPS + Acer P243w | Asus Xonar D1 + Fio E07K Andes | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Seasonic X760 | Fractal R3 | Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Browns | Razor Deathadder Chroma
Lenovo U410: i7 3517u | 8GB ram | 24GB + 750GB HDD | 14 inch ultrabook
mansueto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2014, 23:03   #31
Yadda
Vegan Sandwich

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just been hauling 3 tonnes of pig iron (Z28) down a road on Grid 2. It was fun and vewy pwetty. Can't believe how the GTX 580 handles 8x AA as if it's not even doing anything. My poor old crossfired 5770's would be brought to their knees.

i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz / ASRock Z97m OC Formula mATX / 2x8GB Crucial Tactical DDR3 @ 2200MHz C10 / EVGA GTX 780 @ 1200/6400MHz / BX100 250GB SSD / Seagate 2TB SSHD / Nepton 240m AIO / EVGA 600B PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / Win10 Home / 1080p monitor / Logitech MOMO wheel

Last edited by Yadda; 3rd May 2014 at 23:12.
Yadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2014, 23:15   #32
KayinBlack
Toxophile

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Hunter-gatherer sim, which I find awesome.

PC: Intel i7-4830K, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 64GB GEiL Golden Dragon 1333MHz RAM, EVGA nVidia Titan Black 6GB Hydro Copper, Blu-Ray burner, 4x250GB Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 10, Corsair AX860i.
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 03:18   #33
rainbowbridge
Banned

rainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Breakpoint a mod of Amra 3, it has some nice spooky music to get your tense senses going.
rainbowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 22:08   #34
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Mainly been chugging through Skyrim for the last couple of weeks, but took a break for an hour of UT'99 goodness.

Made me think - UT99 has something that 2003, 2004 & UT3 all missed out on. Something about the overall pace and the fluidity of the game just makes it more appealing to me, despite how much prettier the newer games are.
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 13:39   #35
Scroome
Ultramodder

Scroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming SaiyanScroome is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just finished the "Single player" on Titanfall.

My, what a steaming pile that was.........
Scroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 13:53   #36
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
After a few months away from it (to get into BF3) I've gone back to Halo Reach and am loving it. I have discovered that with online multiplayer, what you're playing isn't as important as who you're playing it with. XBL is a toilet at the best of times, but there are genuinely nice people on it, you just have to find them. I had the best few hours I can remember playing Reach with a few of my American XBL friends last night. In between joking around, laughing and chatting, we managed to rack up about 10 or 12 wins, basically every game we played but one

It was a 'you had to be there moment' but at one point Nat had me in tears laughing. She was guarding the recently spawned sniper rifle so I could come and collect it, and as I picked it up she said "Now, be careful with that Uni. I don't think the safety's on! See, what can sometimes happen is when the game lags out to black screen (which happens when the host changes) the rifle can respawn with the safety off!"

Good people, good games, good times

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit

Last edited by Unicorn; 9th May 2014 at 13:59.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2014, 16:39   #37
KayinBlack
Toxophile

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
Picked up goat simulator, currently amusing myself with it. Good times.

PC: Intel i7-4830K, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 64GB GEiL Golden Dragon 1333MHz RAM, EVGA nVidia Titan Black 6GB Hydro Copper, Blu-Ray burner, 4x250GB Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 10, Corsair AX860i.
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2014, 18:45   #38
Pete J
RIP Teelzebub

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Got around to playing Saints Row IV. Plays exactly like the Third but even more ludicrous. I've yet to progress the main story beyond the first mandatory starting missions but so far, so Saints.

Also dipping into Crysis 3 after having finished 2. How the eff the original Crysis storyline went from generic alien invasion to something that crap is beyond me. Seriously, a drunk five year old would do better - even he was somehow incapacitated and could only communicate by vomiting. Still, the gameplay is still quite fun.
Old 13th May 2014, 10:40   #39
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Picked up a couple of Steam games recently, so started The Force Unleashed, Republic Commando and Call of Duty, good times

Also started a new game on Don't Starve the other day, wonder how long that will last!
GeorgeStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 16:18   #40
oscy
Supermodder

oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
Picked up a couple of Steam games recently, so started The Force Unleashed, Republic Commando and Call of Duty, good times

Also started a new game on Don't Starve the other day, wonder how long that will last!
Republic Commando is great, one of those cool little one-off games that's not iconic but is good fun. Force Unleashed was good fun too, the sequel is hilariously bad. Literally just 4 levels, one of which is literally 15 seconds long, and the big final showdown is just a boss battle where Darth friggin' Vader runs away all the time sicking expendable enemies on you like he's a boss from a Mega Drive game.

Tags
say yes to skimmed milk, skimmed milk can feck off, yes to skimmed milk