bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 9th Sep 2014, 03:53   #21
Jumeira_Johnny
16032 - High plains drifter

Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.
bump for an update.
Old 9th Sep 2014, 11:42   #22
Lystfiskern
What's a Dremel?

Lystfiskern has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Sorry about delays. I'm in home repair limbo.
@Meelobee -no
@Jumeira Johnny -No again.
@Bad Fenny -You forgot, "mix with hammer."
@Lystfiskern - No again!
@Furball - Rats. Almost doesn't count.

I see what u did there. Still in limbo i guess ?
Lystfiskern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Sep 2014, 16:46   #23
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
@Johnny- HEY!

Yes, still in limbo. The end of summer is always bad. I'm up to 3 vacancies as of this week. I'm trying to get some entertainment for you, but the back room looks like a hardware store exploded at the moment.
Old 9th Sep 2014, 16:49   #24
Lystfiskern
What's a Dremel?

Lystfiskern has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
all in good time brother..
Lystfiskern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2014, 01:45   #25
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Most of what I've done so far is digging out tons of random metal bits I've saved. Things would go faster if I kept this kind of stuff in ONE PLACE. There's been a lot of mulling over what to use them for, and lots of attempts to jigsaw parts together.

-Earlier last month there was Desk-a-palooza, a massive migration of office furniture. Five staplers, four scotch tape dispensers, and a jillion of those magnetic-topped paper clip holders later, I got a desk space I could photograph for the first time. The rest of the room is still filled with spare desks, sadly. I think I'll make a chain mail suit with the paper clips later...
Don't laugh at my high-spec monitor.

-I've set aside some candidates for power switches.

-I've opted for a lawnmower piston for the power button housing. I'm going to try to seat it Dalek-style on the tank.

-To work out the shape of the cut, I used some index cards and some scotch tape. I had plenty around to burn through.

-That's a good start. I traced the line onto the piston next.

-I found a mystery box at my door the other day. This one didn't tick, thankfully. I'd really like to know who keeps sending me clocks.

-Yay! Bubble wrap! It will take me a month to pop all this.

-No! Monkey! Not again!

-Ah...Anyway, There was some nifty Swiftech kit in the box. This 140mm x 2 radiator will fit the tank nicely, and allow me to chop about five inches off the tank. There's a greasy spot where my nose touched it. -Gotta love that fresh paint smell.

-There was also the new MCP50X pump.

-It's almost the same footprint as the DDC, although just a hair bigger. The height is noticeably taller to this dead DDC I wired backwards that one time.

-Warranty-voided. I was planning on mounting the top reverse cowgirl anyway. These are a complete redesign, so no aftermarket DDC tops for you. These are using a ceramic shaft and have a lot tighter fit that the free-floating DDC impeller. I'm awfully tempted to make a new top anyway. I think I can.

-The impeller is seated on nylon bushings. It looks like this setup allows for a lot more electromagnet. The intake is huge compared to the DDC too. The open impeller means I could change the shape of the intake a bit if I made a custom top.

-Also there was-Holy cow! how did they fit that in the box? There's a million baggies with color plates, TIM, AMD chip brackets, and 2011 mounting screws. -Wait... socket 2011 screws. there's only 4.

The Apogee XL in all it's shiny guts glory. The top's light box can be changed with the included plates in primary colors. I think I'll be making a cover of my own since I stumbled onto a sale of unique colored plexiglas. -I told myself no more plexiglas. I think I have an addiction.

-Must...resist... The inevitable dismantling to see the guts will have to wait too.

-Back to that Radiator. Seating this in the tank is the critical bit. I plan to have the components assembled as a single part that slides in the tank over the fans. This plate salvaged from an x-ray machine Is a perfect start for a subframe. (Again, it's amazing what you find in vacant houses.)

-Here's the first fan I mounted...

-Now a bit of plastic to represent the seating surface...

-The plastic is a little thick, I think I can get the radiator even closer to the sides of the tank. It's hard to tell. I can't exactly fit my head in there to see. -I tried.

-Then our X-ray aluminum on top.

-I dug out some PSU heatsinks that fit over the plate perfectly. I can use these for seating the frame in the tank, and building the motherboard support.

I'd like to say thanks to Brian and everyone at Swiftech for their support. I'll try not to disappoint.

Old 18th Sep 2014, 09:51   #26
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I just HAVE to follow this, don't I?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2014, 14:30   #27
GeneralFun
Lurker with tools

GeneralFun is definitely a rep cheat.GeneralFun is definitely a rep cheat.GeneralFun is definitely a rep cheat.GeneralFun is definitely a rep cheat.GeneralFun is definitely a rep cheat.GeneralFun is definitely a rep cheat.GeneralFun is definitely a rep cheat.GeneralFun is definitely a rep cheat.GeneralFun is definitely a rep cheat.GeneralFun is definitely a rep cheat.GeneralFun is definitely a rep cheat.
Cheaps is no doubt one of the characters that makes this forum so addictive. Can't believe "Gwassgween"... after years of fabrication gets connected to a what.... 15 inch monitor? You'd think Nvidia would send a sponcered adaptive vsync monitor to hook up to such a legendary PC? This should be "GehtoFun!" Subbed!
GeneralFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2014, 17:14   #28
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

@Perp- Yes, you do.
@General - It's 17! -ish. and I asked you not to pick on my monitor. There was a time when this was all that would fit on the desk.
Old 21st Sep 2014, 20:14   #29
Primum Agmen
Multimodder

Primum Agmen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is great. Can't wait to see how this pile of junk comes together. The Millennium Trashcan indeed.
Primum Agmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2014, 08:47   #30
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Any plans to finish this beast this side of 2020?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2014, 17:25   #31
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

@Primum -Thanks.
@Perplekks - Yes, but the world has other plans. -Plans to thwart me an' keep me down.