bit-tech.net

Old 16th Aug 2015, 19:58   #1
GatheringStorm
What's a Dremel?

GatheringStorm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bad experince with Scan

Hi am John and going to share my experience with Scan and here.

First off been regular customer of Scan for many years. Upgraded my PC many times and even bought PC from 3XS on 8th Dec 2014. Never once have I had problem , in fact I use to recommend them to friends and family. Until now when on the 8th of August I bought motherboard bundle from Scan. This bundle to be exact http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel...erboard-bundle. I like many got the typical apology out of stock cry which I dint mind they were rather quick over all and I got it on the 12th August. When package arrived external package was fine. So I signed for it and like many rushed to open it up and upgrade my PC , so when I opened package I found wrapping bubble had tear around CPU area. I thought okay hopefully no damage to processor. After ripping bubble wrap open I found my processor box had been opened at side. When investigating further I realised only a heat sink inside box. Now delivery came at 11.50 am and I was on phone to Scan helpline by 11.55 am. I was told I would have to do things by email. I sent emails back and forth. Sent pictures of outer package which I had explained was fine at time. Sent pictures of processor box etc. Was told they will investigate this matter. I was fairly confident Scan would do right thing. Imagine my shock when I received this email.

Thank you for your reply,

The facts are as follows.

The chip and serial number were received in the same day as shipping from Scan, we verify every product is intact before leaving Scan, this was verified by at least four members of staff at Scan.

The image you sent of the express bag from DPD, comes from Scan this has been confirmed from the image of the label, the label and bag came from Scan along with the bubble wrap.

This could not have been re-packaged from DPD as the bag and label would be different upon arrival, which was not different as you sent us a picture.

If there was any tampering/holes in the packaging the driver would have logged it, he would have either asked you to refuse to sign for the parcel upon delivery, or check contents and sign for it damaged or open, this did not happen. If the package was damaged or had a hole in the outer bag I'm sure you would have mentioned it to the delivery driver this was not the case the packaging was signed for intact.

Kind Regards,

Dawn
Scan Computers

Now am pretty sure that chips don't disappear into thin air. There can only really be 3 reasons my chip was not in box , 1 is Scan dint pack the chip into box like they claim/ Misplaced or stolen.
2 DPD on route stole it, Or they are accusing me of lying about missing chip.

Now it clear by Scan own words it cant be DPD , so it only leaves 2 options.

Either Scan made error when packing / or someone stole it there end .

Or there accusing me of lying about missing chip. A chip which I paid for and don't have any reason to steal. My plans to build new PC which I was in middle of doing until this happened. I wanted to know why Scan can claim 100% confidence wise there cant of been mistake there end. Why as customer who paid 372 for the bundle and being treated as if I was criminal. I would like Manager to contact me and explain to me why this is.

Query 1506291 - {386383EC-FB9D-4643-AC1E-78C6C65C9E6E}
GatheringStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2015, 19:49   #2
GatheringStorm
What's a Dremel?

anyone who follows Scan on Facebook or check forum will notice they seems to be fair share of problems with website and warehouse not being in tune with each other. I assume warehouse has plenty orders they have fallen behind on. Now am being told by Dawn they don't open Processor boxes which If that the case why was I told we verify every product is intact before leaving Scan. How can they do this if they don't open the processor Box to see what inside. None of what Scan says to me adds up. They treat customer like there criminals, Yet Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must be fit for purpose. As there was a problem with the goods when I bought them, I request that you provide me with a replacement. What ever happened to the customer is always right. Read about problems people are having when it comes to returning goods that are not complete or faulty. They will accuses you rather than accept any blame there end. Scan is great when things go well. But trust me if you think customer service is good , or scan care about you when things go wrong. Your in for big surprise. I am forced to take legal action now as they continue to claim there end it impossible and they have evidence there end fine. Yet end result here is am chip down and from 373 I got 10 heat sink and motherboard worth 107 Pound losing 250 chip. My rant is not because am trying to con them. If that was case I would chuckle and accept I still had my chip and move on. It fact they can make bold claims about 4+ staff checking a box which they dint open or so they claim. Yet my end I have no CHIP. They are reading ready made script and care little about customer. SO am making as much noise s possible becase am very very angry. Would you not be???
Old 18th Aug 2015, 09:53   #3
mark@scan
Technical / Returns Manager

mark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hi John,

This case is still under investigation by Dawn the customer service manager who will be in contact later today with an update.

Regards
mark@scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2015, 14:44   #4
GatheringStorm
What's a Dremel?

Thank You, Dawn has been in touch and matter is sorted. Scan is sending me another processor. So problem solved thankfully it all ends well , weight of my shoulders
Old 18th Aug 2015, 19:34   #5
Evolutionsic
Gives credit where its due

Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
Please keep us updated GS, this certainly isn't the first time something has happened and certainly wont be the last.
Old 18th Aug 2015, 19:44   #6
Shirty
Time travelling rogue

Shirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, Shirty
GG Scan

I also have a Surface Pro 2, even though I'm not a pro...
Shirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2015, 17:25   #7
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionsic View Post
Please keep us updated GS, this certainly isn't the first time something has happened and certainly wont be the last.
Seems it is sorted so that would be the last update in case you missed that post
bt was once a great and vibrant forum wtf happened to it? , there must be a Hex on us back to mediocrity Get back under your bridges you scummy Troll's and STFU Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 14.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2015, 19:10   #8
GatheringStorm
What's a Dremel?

Hi all thanks for support and Processor came today 19/08/15 , I can confirm all in working order. Motherboard and CPU purring , so all good my end
Old 23rd Aug 2015, 15:06   #9
Arthur
Comment is over there ----->

Arthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming Saiyan
So what happened then ?

Scan forgot to pack the chip originally ? Or was it taken during transit ?
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2015, 15:22   #10
thom804
Banned

thom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatheringStorm View Post
What ever happened to the customer is always right?
With a wife who works in retail, and myself doing a short stint during Uni, the customer is most certainly NOT always right. The sooner vendors start calling people out on scam acts, the better.
thom804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2015, 16:47   #11
bawjaws
Mod Master

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Really? Resurrecting a two-month old thread to throw around accusations of "scam acts" especially in a case where it looks as if the customer wasn't in the wrong? It appears that Scan have sorted this out already so I don't think references to "scam acts" are helpful here at all. [/2p]
bawjaws is offline   Reply With Quote