bit-tech.net

Old 1st Dec 2015, 15:13   #1
modd1uk
Mod Master

modd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'd of thought black friday has caused delays everywhere fella, bad weekend to order stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Halfacree View Post
There you are, then! Buy 100, take two, eBay a bundle of 98 at 70% the price of the 100-bag bundles, spend the profit on ale and whores.
modd1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2015, 17:36   #2
psychoti
Multimodder

psychoti has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Its just annoying because i had no communication from their end and frustrating because they sell services that they can not deliver.
Old 3rd Dec 2015, 21:51   #3
cmberry20
Mad Scientist

cmberry20 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Count yourself lucky. Placed my order midday on the 30/11/15 & picked Thursday for delivery as I was busy on Wednesday. Well its 10PM on Thursday night & its not even been picked so I wont see items till Monday at the earliest.

Not cool Scan, not Cool.
cmberry20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2015, 09:03   #4
thom804
Banned

thom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Come on now...

One of the busiest shopping days of the year, and only one day (two if you account for Monday as well), why would any retailer acquire extra seasonal staff for a one day sale to deal with the extra load? It's just not economical.

If you don't expect items to be delayed if you buy during Black Friday, you're very optimistic when it comes to basic logistics.
thom804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2015, 09:22   #5
bawjaws
Mod Master

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Ok, that's all well and good Thom, but if Scan (or any other retailer) are so busy because it's Black Friday then they shouldn't say that they can do next day delivery if they actually cannot. It's about managing expectations - if you say you are going to do something (deliver tomorrow) but don't follow through on it, then you're going to end up with disappointed customers. Far better to say that the earliest you can deliver is four days' time (or whenever) and actually meet that target.

This isn't really targetted at Scan as such, but at all retailers. That said, I ordered something from Amazon last week and when I went to choose delivery method the only option was "3-5 business days" - I would have preferred next day delivery but it wasn't available (presumably due to volume of sales), but the item did arrive after 3 days so I didn't feel as if I had been let down. That's the difference.
bawjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2015, 09:48   #6
jinq-sea
The Double Insulates

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I spotted t'other day that Tesco weren't offering next day delivery for that very reason - it really helps with expectation management

small(ish): i7-5960X / X99E-ITX/AC - Bitspower Block / 32Gb Ballistix / Titan X (P) / 512Gb Samsung 950 Pro NVMe / 250D
tiny: i7-4790K / Max VII Impact - EK Monoblock / 16Gb Ballistix / EVGA Titan X (M) HC / 256Gb SM951 NVMe / nCase M1
htpc/vr: i7-6700K / Z170i / 16Gb Ballistix / EVGA 1080 Founders Edition / 128Gb SM951 NVMe & Sandisk 960Gb SSD / RVZ01
jinq-sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2015, 09:51   #7
Shirty
Time travelling rogue

Shirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, Shirty
An important thing to remember is that as long as the retailer have fulfilled their obligation by despatching your item(s) on time, there is literally nothing they can do if the commercial carrier loses/mis-sorts/delays the delivery of said package.

All they can do is apologise on the carrier's behalf, and send out a replacement package if items are lost or damaged. In fairness to Scan, they primarily use DPD who are just about the best commercial carrier in the country, as well as being one of the more expensive - a cost Scan is happy to swallow for Bit-tech members.

I know it's frustrating, I work in online retail from a technical perspective, but I did my time on the front line of customer service, so I've received the complaint as well as given them. But be realistic with your expectations. Don't rate a company poorly if they have fulfilled their obligations only to be let down by a third party, just blame the third party.

I also have a Surface Pro 2, even though I'm not a pro...
Shirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2015, 10:25   #8
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming SaiyanFlibblebot is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Not to mention that waiting in without a shipping confirmation email, or the delivery time confirmation from DPD is just madness
Old 4th Dec 2015, 10:27   #9
thom804
Banned

thom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post
Not to mention that waiting in without a shipping confirmation email, or the delivery time confirmation from DPD is just madness
I know I started down a controversial path but I didn't want to cross this one. You started it though!

Yeah, who actually just waits in the house without a text from DPD saying they will deliver on X day at around XX:XX ?
thom804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2015, 11:48   #10
bawjaws
Mod Master

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
An important thing to remember is that as long as the retailer have fulfilled their obligation by despatching your item(s) on time, there is literally nothing they can do if the commercial carrier loses/mis-sorts/delays the delivery of said package.

All they can do is apologise on the carrier's behalf, and send out a replacement package if items are lost or damaged. In fairness to Scan, they primarily use DPD who are just about the best commercial carrier in the country, as well as being one of the more expensive - a cost Scan is happy to swallow for Bit-tech members.

I know it's frustrating, I work in online retail from a technical perspective, but I did my time on the front line of customer service, so I've received the complaint as well as given them. But be realistic with your expectations. Don't rate a company poorly if they have fulfilled their obligations only to be let down by a third party, just blame the third party.
You make a good point about there being more than one possible point of failure - delays can occur at both the retailer's end and the carrier's. It's not clear from the OP's posts here whether his items have been picked and dispatched and then failed to turn up, or if they haven't yet left Scan's warehouse. Certainly cmberry's situation sounds like his items have yet to be picked, despite the agreed deadline for delivery having passed.

It's interesting that you mention expectations, as a fundamental part of customer service is setting and managing expectations. If a retailer knows or suspects that they (or their carrier) will be overwhelmed by demand, they should be revising their timetable for delivery accordingly so that customers receive their goods when the retailer says they will (even if this is later than might happen outwith such busy periods). It seems as if some, but not all, retailers have taken this on board for the Black Friday sales.

Finally, your point about blaming the third party and not the company is fair enough, except in the case where the third party has a reputation for being useless. In that instance I think it's totally fair to blame the company for continuing to use the third party
bawjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2015, 12:27   #11
Shirty
Time travelling rogue

Shirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, Shirty
All very valid points. The one thing I will add having been in and around retail for most of my adult life is that expectations are usually set by marketing, dashed by fulfilment and then customer services end up mopping things up

I also have a Surface Pro 2, even though I'm not a pro...
Shirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2015, 09:29   #12
ChrisP
Retail Sales Manager

ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Please raise any order specific issues including your Invoice number via the After Sales section so we can investigate and resolve any issues.

Best Regards
Old 10th Dec 2015, 19:40   #13
psychoti
Multimodder

psychoti has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
and why my very first post was deleted?
Old 11th Dec 2015, 08:12   #14
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looks like a mod for this forum section split the topic and put your first post into the 'After Sales' forum as a new topic:
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=295910

Really if they're going to do that then they may as well lock the original threads...
Old 11th Dec 2015, 09:11   #15
ChrisP
Retail Sales Manager

ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ChrisP - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
SCAN AFTER SALES SUPPORT Guidelines.
The rules for the After Sales Support:
- Only Members who have an order number can start a thread
- SCAN will be able to see the order numbers ( coming soon ) but they wont be on public view
- SCAN moderators will deal with the responses
- Opening Poster and Scan Members ONLY to post in each thread (occasional Mod intervention accepted)
- This forum is for advice, please still log an OLQ request with Scan directly

The other bit-tech rules apply as ever.
Old 11th Dec 2015, 09:13   #16
ChrisP
Retail Sales Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoti View Post

psychoti

Your post was moved to the correct area...

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=295910

Please continue through your thread here...

Best Regards
Old 11th Dec 2015, 20:24   #17
Mr_Mistoffelees
More Spanners Please.

Mr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoti View Post
I think they don't like the amount of criticism they get here and are trying to hide it away.
Old 12th Dec 2015, 13:29   #18
ChrisP
Retail Sales Manager

Mr_Mistoffelees

If you actually read the thread you would know it wasn't deleted and all we have done is move it to the correct location, which is still in public view, so not all that hidden at all.

Chris
Old 12th Dec 2015, 16:33   #19
modd1uk
Mod Master

modd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
When will I learn my lesson? It's just a complete joke, how can a company win so many awards with service like this. You'd of thought after so many years of business your stock system would of been sorted out.

Don't give me the " oh it's isolated incidents " speech because it's happened to one individual customer (me) several times on recent orders.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthrea...89#post3956189
Quote:
There you are, then! Buy 100, take two, eBay a bundle of 98 at 70% the price of the 100-bag bundles, spend the profit on ale and whores.
Old 12th Dec 2015, 16:46   #20
modd1uk
Mod Master

Apologies, I thought this was a thread I started as I my post was the first one, my derp. Thread has been posted in the correct section.
Quote:

Tags
customer, delivery, meh whingers, unhappy