bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 7th May 2017, 16:40   #7521
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadda View Post
I think we could all do with a nice cup of tea.
May I recommend a nice loose leaf Lapsang Souchong? A nice China black tea from the Fujian province, which is smoked in bamboo baskets over resinous pinewood fires.

And don't trust the teabag stuff. High quality loose leaf is the way to go.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 16:44   #7522
Anfield
Mod Master

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Only heathens and bureaucrats use teabags
R7 1800X, ASRock X370 Taichi, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 DDR4, ASUS Strix 1080TI OC, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 4TB WD Black, EVGA T2 1KW, Lian Li PC-O9WX, EK Supremacy Evo, EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2, EK-CoolStream PE 360, Ducky Shine 6 (Brown Switches), Logitech G402, AOC U3477PQU (34" 21:9 ftw)
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 17:19   #7523
Corky42
What did walle eat for breakfast?

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartpb View Post
That's the mentality I hate and despise though Corky. We all live here, we all work here, we all have kids to bring up here (or not as the case may be) but we are a divided country. Feck leave and feck remain, all I want is for the UK to thrive so I can pop my clogs knowing my kids will be OK. At some point we have to get over the them and us mentality and try and work together on all our futures. Otherwise things never will get any better.
I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume that you didn't mean to come across as hating and despising me for having that opinion as obviously, despite you saying you didn't care enough to vote, that you care enough to use emotive language.

Yes we all live and work hear however over half the population that does so never asked to be set on this course, including yourself by all accounts, just like most people caught up in a war never asked for it, all they do is accept the inevitable and try to muddle through best they can, you even say so yourself.

Now I'm not comparing Brexit to a war as in those lives are lost, however i feel Brexit bears remarkable similarities to the way a war tends to sweep innocent people up in it, leavers wanted this while everyone else was either calling to keep the status quo or didn't care for what the leavers were promoting, leavers got what they wanted and now the rest of us are bracing ourselves for what we see as the inevitable fall out.

In a similar manner as when someone starts a war you can't expect the people who were calling for peace, or for maintaining the status quo, to suddenly take up arms and support your cause, they didn't ask for you to bring conflict to their doors, all they wanted was a peaceful life, so while they may take up arms to defend themselves and their kin their not going to sign up and help you win a conflict they never asked for in the fist place and/or never agreed with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartpb View Post
From what I've read, we have several people right here just itching for Brexit to fall apart so they can be vindicated. They were wrong about the referendum, making bold statements such as a leave result wasn't going to happen, then they said the arse was going to fall out of the UK as soon as it did happen. That was followed by the old "article 50 hasn't happened yet, the arse will fall then" argument. Wrong on three occasions and itching to be right. To the point where there can be NO dissent shown in any form and god help anyone who dares. Even if it's just to ask for consideration on what could work post Brexit. Feckin lame. To me it does appear like a bunch of feckin remoaners sat on chaise lounges happy to put so much effort into gorging on every single development in Brexit and foaming at the mouth at the prospect of proving why they were right and 52% were wrong, it doesn't achieve one single thing. But if that floats your boat, crack on with that. Me, I'll crack on with life, economically successful or not I'll still have a smile on my face :-)
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the economic doom and gloom that was predicated has already started to surface, admittedly later than George Osborne's stupid claim that no one believed at the time, however retail sales excluding food fell in the first quarter of this year, there was a fall in real wages last month, which is a trend set to continue because of current inflation rates and those numbers are based on nothing more than the result of the referendum as despite claims that Article 50 would be triggered the day after the vote it wasn't triggered until almost a year later.

If you believed the politicians on the instantaneous nature of the economic consequences of leaving then I'm sorry to say they mislead you just as much as the politicians who claimed there would be no economic consequences, people take time to process and react to new information and in this case it's taken around 6 month for people, and in turn the economy, to react to the fall in the pound and resulting rise in inflation, and that alone should be cause for concern as consumer spending is a cornerstone of the UK economy.

Last edited by Corky42; 7th May 2017 at 17:37.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 17:20   #7524
Yadda
Vegan Sandwich

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Indeed.

May I recommend a nice loose leaf Lapsang Souchong? A nice China black tea from the Fujian province, which is smoked in bamboo baskets over resinous pinewood fires.

I had Lapsang Souchong once and really tried to like it. Maybe it's an aquired taste but I didn't get on with the smokey flavour. I'll have to give it another go.

i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz / ASRock Z97m OC Formula mATX / 2x8GB Crucial Tactical DDR3 @ 2200MHz C10 / EVGA GTX 780 @ 1200/6400MHz / BX100 250GB SSD / Seagate 2TB SSHD / Nepton 240m AIO / EVGA 600B PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / Win10 Home / 1080p monitor / Logitech MOMO wheel
Yadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 18:19   #7525
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume that you didn't mean to come across as hating and despising me for having that opinion as obviously, despite you saying you didn't care enough to vote, that you care enough to use emotive language.

Yes we all live and work hear however over half the population that does so never asked to be set on this course, including yourself by all accounts, just like most people caught up in a war never asked for it, all they do is accept the inevitable and try to muddle through best they can, you even say so yourself.

Now I'm not comparing Brexit to a war as in those lives are lost, however i feel Brexit bears remarkable similarities to the way a war tends to sweep innocent people up in it, leavers wanted this while everyone else was either calling to keep the status quo or didn't care for what the leavers were promoting, leavers got what they wanted and now the rest of us are bracing ourselves for what we see as the inevitable fall out.

In a similar manner as when someone starts a war you can't expect the people who were calling for peace, or for maintaining the status quo, to suddenly take up arms and support your cause, they didn't ask for you to bring conflict to their doors, all they wanted was a peaceful life, so while they may take up arms to defend themselves and their kin their not going to sign up and help you win a conflict they never asked for in the fist place and/or never agreed with.
To add to that, how can I "pull together to make it work" when I still don't know what my residence rights are going to be? I could well get kicked out of the country in two years' time (especially if the UK crashes out without a deal). Or I could end up with fewer employment and social/health care rights than the locals.

Conversely, if I do get kicked out of the country, my British wife may not be able to follow me as she will have lost her EU citizenship rights. Basically a messy Brexit could make things very difficult for us.

So "pull together and make it work"? Don't think so.

Quote:
I had Lapsang Souchong once and really tried to like it. Maybe it's an aquired taste but I didn't get on with the smokey flavour. I'll have to give it another go.
It's one of those teas where a good one tastes great, but a bad one tastes horrid. If you're not paying at least £7,-- per 100gr. it's probably not a good one.

Old 7th May 2017, 18:39   #7526
Harlequin
Banned

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nexxo - can your wife not apply for a dutch passport as your spouse?
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 19:00   #7527
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Conversely, if I do get kicked out of the country, my British wife may not be able to follow me as she will have lost her EU citizenship rights. Basically a messy Brexit could make things very difficult for us.
Does she have an Irish granny? We're practically giving away the passports these days.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 19:01   #7528
Harlequin
Banned

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
MACRON WINS
Old 7th May 2017, 19:03   #7529
Anfield
Mod Master

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Looks possible due to the can have lived together abroad exception:

https://ind.nl/en/dutch-citizenship/...alisation.aspx

But this part could be tricky:

Quote:
You are sufficiently integrated. This means that you can read, write, speak and understand Dutch. You show this by passing the civic integration examination at A2 level. If you have certain diplomas or certificates, you do not need to take the civic integration examination.
Not sure what those certain diplomas or certificates are and obviously I don't know how fast his wife would learn enough Dutch to pass the test.
R7 1800X, ASRock X370 Taichi, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 DDR4, ASUS Strix 1080TI OC, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 4TB WD Black, EVGA T2 1KW, Lian Li PC-O9WX, EK Supremacy Evo, EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2, EK-CoolStream PE 360, Ducky Shine 6 (Brown Switches), Logitech G402, AOC U3477PQU (34" 21:9 ftw)
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 19:14   #7530
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
MACRON WINS
I suppose the french are staying in the eu then
Old 7th May 2017, 19:14   #7531
VipersGratitude
Mod Master

VipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
Does she have an Irish granny? We're practically giving away the passports these days.
I actually plan to apply for citizenship as soon as I've scraped together the grand or so required for the application and certification. I'm sure under a Tory reichstag Northern Ireland will become a waste ground.
Old 7th May 2017, 19:22   #7532
Yadda
Vegan Sandwich

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
It's one of those teas where a good one tastes great, but a bad one tastes horrid. If you're not paying at least £7,-- per 100gr. it's probably not a good one.
Right-o, I see. Can you recommend a specific one? Probably best to move this to pm because as interesting as it is, the talk is far too civilised for this thread.

Quote:
MACRON WINS
It's looking that way. Vive la France, vive la liberté.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGratitude View Post
I actually plan to apply for citizenship as soon as I've scraped together the grand or so required for the application and certification. I'm sure under a Tory reichstag Northern Ireland will become a waste ground.
I'm torn between moving abroad or painting myself blue and running around semi-naked.

i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz / ASRock Z97m OC Formula mATX / 2x8GB Crucial Tactical DDR3 @ 2200MHz C10 / EVGA GTX 780 @ 1200/6400MHz / BX100 250GB SSD / Seagate 2TB SSHD / Nepton 240m AIO / EVGA 600B PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / Win10 Home / 1080p monitor / Logitech MOMO wheel
Old 7th May 2017, 19:31   #7533
Pliqu3011
busy surrounding skeleton

Pliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Absolutely. I once picked up a box of Lapsang Souchong teabags on a whim and it smelled and tasted almost like burnt bacon (and, just to be clear, not in a good way). I like a strong tea, but that was a bit too much.
Haven't tried loose leaves yet though.
Old 7th May 2017, 19:58   #7534
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
Looks possible due to the can have lived together abroad exception:

https://ind.nl/en/dutch-citizenship/...alisation.aspx

But this part could be tricky:

Not sure what those certain diplomas or certificates are and obviously I don't know how fast his wife would learn enough Dutch to pass the test.
Basically if she has Dutch qualifications this would be regarded as proof of proficiency in the Dutch language.

She does not speak Dutch now, but she has decided to learn. I very much would like her to have Dutch citizenship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
Unfortunately not --I checked.

Quote:
Right-o, I see. Can you recommend a specific one? Probably best to move this to pm because as interesting as it is, the talk is far too civilised for this thread.
This one I found to be rather good.

Old 7th May 2017, 20:01   #7535
Harlequin
Banned

Quote:
It's looking that way. Vive la France, vive la liberté.
la Liberté, l'Egalité et la Fraternité !
Old 7th May 2017, 20:09   #7536
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGratitude View Post
Certainly its no harm to keep options open with one, albeit the grand is a bit on the high side.

Quote:
I'm torn between moving abroad or painting myself blue and running around semi-naked.
You're saying that like they are mutually exclusive...
Old 7th May 2017, 20:15   #7537
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The French saw sense.
Old 7th May 2017, 20:17   #7538
RedFlames
...is a figment of your imagination

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
She does not speak Dutch now, but she has decided to learn. I very much would like her to have Dutch citizenship.
So you can argue over the red dress in two languages

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 20:26   #7539
Yadda
Vegan Sandwich

Quote:
la Liberté, l'Egalité et la Fraternité !
"Santé!"

Old 7th May 2017, 20:53   #7540
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It was never a question about who wins once Le Pen got in 2nd round. Le Pen had next to nowhere to fish for voters.
faugusztin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bit-tech breakfast thread, brexit means breakfast, derailment: the thread, fear mongering!!, findyerdummies, god save the queen!, grow up people, i'm not f**ked, immigration, internet fight, jesus christ this thread, jesus this echo chamber, little britain, nexxo needs to stop, nexxo versus, no we are not all f**ked, remoaner circle jerk, someone is obsessing!!!, storm in a teacup, unicorn fetish, we totally are f**ked, were all f**ked now, what is the eu?, wheres walle's breakfast?, £3.50 to the nhs!