bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > SCAN Computers - Pre Sales Support

Old 22nd Feb 2017, 22:24   #1
mickykiko
What's a Dremel?

mickykiko has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
RMA service no fault found, very unhappy.

I had recently had a card sent in for RMA, I have received feedback telling me there was no fault found.

Now here's the thing, I have a new card in my system with all the same hardware, software and cables being used with no faults occurring so its making the point of failure the card i sent off.

I was told the card was ran for 18 hours under stress from 2 days ago, the store is only open 9 to 5:30 making that a total of 15 hours, I was then told that it could of been ran from 5 to 11 making it 18 hours, who was there to check for issues then?

The next thing is they ran witcher 3 and occt in which i never tested myself, i was told to test the games i played and to run heaven in which none of these where ran by the testing team. They said they tested the witcher 3 in idle mode leaving the character standing still in one scene, again not when my faults occurred (very sloppy imo).

I then asked for the technician logs as I myself am a computer repair technician of 8 years and they said that was the technician logs (stated below) :
Ran Witcher3 on one screen, and OCCT on another for 18 hours. OCCT showed no errors either.

Now considering I have a new card in my system running all the same hardware, software, peripherals and cables, everything that was used with the faulty card and i have no problems with this one means that the card i sent is faulty? everything else being eliminated and making the point of failure to that RMA'd card.

On top of that I had to pay shipping and will most likely be charged for returns on a faulty card is very frustrating and tbh disappointing in a company that I frequently shop at.

Starting to rethink which companies i should go to for computer components.
mickykiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2017, 10:56   #2
ShakeyJake
My name is actually 'Jack'.

ShakeyJake is definitely a rep cheat.ShakeyJake is definitely a rep cheat.ShakeyJake is definitely a rep cheat.ShakeyJake is definitely a rep cheat.ShakeyJake is definitely a rep cheat.ShakeyJake is definitely a rep cheat.ShakeyJake is definitely a rep cheat.ShakeyJake is definitely a rep cheat.ShakeyJake is definitely a rep cheat.ShakeyJake is definitely a rep cheat.ShakeyJake is definitely a rep cheat.
Don't suppose you took any photos or anything of your fault? Or maybe recorded you playing a game on your phone or something so you can see the failure?

Push this one through and don't go back. If it helps I used Visa chargeback once (strike one, but everyone gets a second chance) and then called their bluff on legal action once (nobody gets a second). You'll get there.
Old 28th Feb 2017, 12:56   #3
Big_malc
I *am* a Dremel

Big_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming Saiyan
got to love the way that the first post is a rant
Only I will remain
Big_malc is offline   Reply With Quote