bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 24th Apr 2017, 08:30   #121
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
See it as a rejection of the current Conservatives rather than an endorsement of Jeremy Corbyn.

Theresa May has no vision. There is nothing she says that people can get excited about or gives them hope. Corbyn may be all over the place but at least he talks about the things people worry about.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 08:38   #122
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Corbyn may be all over the place but at least he talks about the things people worry about.
All over the place? Try plain dangerous.

I don't have any fundamental issues with what he has said about zero hour contracts and all that, what I have an issue with is the fact I am yet to see ANY evidence anyone has remotely thought about how anything he has said he wants is going to be paid. All that would happen is that he'd pay for it all by borrowing, we'd end up with a god-awful credit ration, interest rates through the roof, people who can't pay their mortgages, and then he'd plead innocence.

I'm sorry, but I trust the current shadow cabinet on finances about as far as I can throw Diane ****ing Abbott.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 08:46   #123
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
How fiscally responsible has the current government been? Still waiting on the projections on the cost of Brexit.

This country has a huge current account deficit and private debt levels. It is outright frightening. Within that context it is about to pull out from the most profitable, richest trading bloc in the world for the vague promise of trade deals with the rest of the world, negotiated from a much weaker position.

Meanwhile a government that should focus on some serious educational investment in high-tech engineering and manufacturing skills is obsessing over grammar schools. It goes on about energy prices but signed up to Hinckley Point. It should be upgrading public transport but invests in HS2. It should be investing in child mental health but is cutting those services the most. There is absolutely no big picture thinking or long-term strategy in their policies.

Old 24th Apr 2017, 08:53   #124
Corky42
What did walle eat for breakfast?

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
I can understand people wanting to vote Labour, but people wanting to vote for Corbyn should get you an express lift to the funny farm.
Well given Theresa May's track record personally I'd say a monkey in a suit could probably do a better job, from the illegal Data Retention Investigatory Powers Act, to promising to reduce immigration to the tens of thousands, when right leaning newspapers slate her by saying this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telegraph
After all, Mrs May’s tenure as Home Secretary has been little better than disastrous – a succession of derelictions that has left Britain’s borders and coastline at least as insecure as they were in 2010, and which mean that British governments still rely on guesswork to estimate how many people enter and leave the country.
That they were later supposedly pressured to withdraw it sort of make me wonder if, like Trump and Brexit, it maybe worth giving something more radical a go.

Then i came to my senses and realised this isn't in the serious section so i had best included a reference to kittens.

Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 10:56   #125
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'd rather vote for my neighbours dog than Corbyn. The dog's only ~10 months old, but it's much more personable, and probably has much more rational thoughts.

Not that May is any better, Smeagol looking douche-cannoe that she is.
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 11:04   #126
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
At least you lot have a choice down there, up here it is pretty much the spawn of the Krankies loins party or nothing.
Carbide 240/Asus Z170M plus/I5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz/Avexir Core Blue Series 16GB /AXP 200 Muscle /Gigabyte FE 1080/500Gb OCZ TR150 SSD/2 x 256Gb SSD/ 2TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U3415/CM TK White (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone GD05B/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/GTX 260/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2711/ E Element Chroma KB /Logitech M518.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 12:08   #127
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I honestly find it almost unfathomable that anyone could seriously vote for Corbyn.

Corbyn is an activist and idealist not capable of delivering the best for business and the population, nor compromise.
A vote for Labour under Corbyn is a vote to return the UK back to the unproductive 70's, look forward to plenty time off work though (through unpaid strikes, not the extra holidays he's trying to bribe you with).
Old 24th Apr 2017, 12:11   #128
Corky42

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Lots of people found it unfathomable that anyone could seriously vote for Trump or Brexit, and for those exact reason, that they were idealist not capable of delivering the best for business and the population, nor compromise.

We live in strange times don't we.
Old 24th Apr 2017, 12:15   #129
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
Lots of people found it unfathomable that anyone could seriously vote for Trump or Brexit, and for those exact reason, that they were idealist not capable of delivering the best for business and the population, nor compromise.

We live in strange times don't we.
Strange times indeed, I never in my wildest dreams would have believed Trump could win, and similarly with Brexit - but here we are in a strange new world.

PS, Looks like France are also trying to join the madness.
Old 24th Apr 2017, 12:19   #130
Corky42

It's them chemtrails.
Old 24th Apr 2017, 12:31   #131
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Well, there's always the Liberal Democrats.

Old 24th Apr 2017, 12:31   #132
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Well, there's always the Liberal Democrats.
Who?
Carbide 240/Asus Z170M plus/I5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz/Avexir Core Blue Series 16GB /AXP 200 Muscle /Gigabyte FE 1080/500Gb OCZ TR150 SSD/2 x 256Gb SSD/ 2TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U3415/CM TK White (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone GD05B/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/GTX 260/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2711/ E Element Chroma KB /Logitech M518.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 12:40   #133
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

You know, the party that has been taking all the seats from UKIP in the local byelections.

Old 24th Apr 2017, 12:44   #134
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I don't have any faith that the Lib Dems wouldn't just fold like wet paper at the first sign of negotiation. They're unlikely to redeem themselves after their last bed-shitting situation without replacing literally everyone involved. For me at least.
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 12:52   #135
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

What negotiations? They are already over. The outcome is already blatantly clear. Theresa May's main problem is how to bypass the swivel-eyed Brexiteers and sell it to the electorate as a victory. Hence the snap election.

Old 24th Apr 2017, 13:19   #136
Anfield
Mod Master

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
I'm sorry, but I trust the current shadow cabinet on finances about as far as I can throw Diane ****ing Abbott.
Still better than the current government who believe they can abuse brexit to screw up existing laws without proper oversight.

Quote:
the bill will give ministers some powers to make these changes by secondary legislation, which is subject to less scrutiny by MPs
https://www.instituteforgovernment.o...at-repeal-bill
R7 1800X, ASRock X370 Taichi, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 DDR4, ASUS Strix 1080TI OC, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 4TB WD Black, EVGA T2 1KW, Lian Li PC-O9WX, EK Supremacy Evo, EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2, EK-CoolStream PE 360, Ducky Shine 6 (Brown Switches), Logitech G402, AOC U3477PQU (34" 21:9 ftw)
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 13:22   #137
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
Still better than the current government who believe they can abuse brexit to screw up existing laws with no oversight.
So you'd rather have someone who called a militant trade union 'Comrades' all but 20 minutes ago running the worlds 5th largest economy.

Right.
Old 24th Apr 2017, 13:24   #138
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm starting to think we'd be better off electing our MPs by drawing names out of a hat.

Actually, having a random electoral system where the MP is selected at random according to the number of votes they got might not be an awful idea. It represents the people in aggregate (would mean a more proportionally represented Govt than FPTP), it doesn't penalise voting for small parties, and it forces MPs to listen to their constitients, even in safe seats.

EDIT: Seems that it has been studied https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_ballot

Last edited by Ending Credits; 24th Apr 2017 at 13:37.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2017, 13:26   #139
Mankz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
I'm starting to think we'd be better off electing our MPs by drawing names out of a hat.
That's what Athenian Democracy basically was.
Old 24th Apr 2017, 13:33   #140
Harlequin
Banned

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Odds are narrowing on Dave Miliband making a snap announcement to return to politics
as an aside - at least 4 pledges May is talking about , come straight from the Labour playbook from 7 years ago
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode