bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 20th Apr 2017, 16:25   #1
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Starcraft...the original

So, this and Brood wars has been released for free by Blizzard.
Kudos to them, and I thought I'd give it a go again after so many years.
Now I hear this version should have uprated graphics, but I can't find a resolution setting anywhere.
Does anyone know where to change the resolution?

Xir
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus VW246H 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2017, 12:52   #2
Sp!
I *am* a Dremel

Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've been toying with the idea of replaying this (played it some time in the 90's/00's) for a while, and I've been looking forward to the free to play release since it was announced.

Just clicked download now, so can't help with the resolution thing but... If anyone fancies a bit of light hearted multiplayer maybe we can organise something???
Sp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2017, 04:39   #3
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Paradigm Shifter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
As far as I remember, this free release was literally just StarCraft/Brood Wars fixed to work on modern OSes. The 'remaster' (which is coming in the summer?) has updated graphics options, etc. Basically original Starcraft on SCII engine, I think. And the remaster will cost money. Hopefully Blizzard aren't too evil with the pricing, as I'd really like to play through the whole story again.
Old 30th Apr 2017, 10:22   #4
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.Zoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
As far as I remember, this free release was literally just StarCraft/Brood Wars fixed to work on modern OSes. The 'remaster' (which is coming in the summer?) has updated graphics options, etc. Basically original Starcraft on SCII engine, I think. And the remaster will cost money. Hopefully Blizzard aren't too evil with the pricing, as I'd really like to play through the whole story again.
This. The released free version is simply patched for modern OS, the HD Remaster coming in summer will be purchased. But no doubt, popular.

Hopefully WC3 will see a similar HD remaster, although it still looks pretty good in my opinion.

Click me for a signup bonus on TopCashBack. Got any car or home insurance coming up soon? I got 65 cashback on the two last year
Zoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, free, starcraft