bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 31st Mar 2004, 10:26   #61
JADS
Et arma et verba vulnerant

JADS has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mine:

My first car
[AMD A64 2800+ + Zalman 7700][MSI K8N Neo Platinum][1GB Corsair PC3200][Leadtek Geforce 6600GT][Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 80GB + Maxtor Diamond Max Plus10 200GB + Maxtor Diamond Max16 120GB][Plextor PX-716 DVD-RW + 2x Plextor Premium 52x32x52 CD-RW + 16x Samsung DVD][Coolermaster ATC-201 BXT][Antec TruePower 430][Dell 2405FPW + Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070u][Logitech MX1000][Matias Tactile Pro][Griffin Technology PowerMate Black]
Email Me
JADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2004, 11:21   #62
TMM
Modder

TMM has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i don't have a car yet as im only 14 (well 13 and 364days )
but my dad has a 2002 Holden VY Commodore "S" and my mum drives a 2001 Holden TS Astra (same as the opel ones)

Old 31st Mar 2004, 16:09   #63
micb
I *am* a Dremel

micb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
He he, I had an Sony Xplode 12 exactly like that 4 years ago it was in a 1 cubic foot sealed.

I only ever ran it with a 150 WRMS and it still got pritty loud, how does your sound with 450 WRMS?

BTW Is that velcro right across one of the subwoofer ports?

If it is you may well getting extra port nose and a reduction of SQ with it acoss the vent mouth.

Old 31st Mar 2004, 16:58   #64
lamcdonald
Multimodder

lamcdonald has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by penski
Is that a BME sticker on the front wing?

*n
The sticker on my car is my company logo I'm in the process of setting up a computer repair/customisation (modding) business, it will be called LAM Design. I did most of the car mods too, so I put a sticker on

micb:

This one is a 15" in 2.8 cubic feet I've never pushed it too hard, except when I first installed the system and nearly blew the sub on first test... How loud? Well, let's put it this way: I once took the car to an industrial estate and parked 100m away from the nearest building... Within 1 minute several people stopped work and came out of the building to see where the noise was coming from

The red straps are actually about 4" in front of the edge of the ports, they vibrate a bit if I turn it up, but probably not enough to cause any problems At the moment I have the ports blocked as the SQ wasn't good with the speaker cone moving too much :/ The sub was designed for a 1.4 cu.ft sealed enclosure
lamcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2004, 20:57   #65
micb
I *am* a Dremel

micb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamcdonald
The sticker on my car is my company logo I'm in the process of setting up a computer repair/customisation (modding) business, it will be called LAM Design. I did most of the car mods too, so I put a sticker on

micb:

This one is a 15" in 2.8 cubic feet I've never pushed it too hard, except when I first installed the system and nearly blew the sub on first test... How loud? Well, let's put it this way: I once took the car to an industrial estate and parked 100m away from the nearest building... Within 1 minute several people stopped work and came out of the building to see where the noise was coming from

The red straps are actually about 4" in front of the edge of the ports, they vibrate a bit if I turn it up, but probably not enough to cause any problems At the moment I have the ports blocked as the SQ wasn't good with the speaker cone moving too much :/ The sub was designed for a 1.4 cu.ft sealed enclosure
May I ask who built the enclosure?

Come to think of it if I remember correctly the specs on the some of those Xplode LS series subwoofers were only to be used in sealed enclosures only.

2.8 cubic foot is probebly quite a good size for those older Xplode 15's they quite like low Qtc enclosures, it gives them quite a bit better low end.
Old 1st Apr 2004, 01:04   #66
TeAaKa
Minimodder

TeAaKa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
(Rover) Mini Cooper Sports 1.3i bout 90bhp

TeAaKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2004, 01:29   #67
Slick13
Multimodder

Slick13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Man i so want a mini they are great fun to drive round and handle like go karts. (so i have been told) seeing as i'm 6'4 i can't see me ever getting one without mooving the back seats out and the drivers one back by a few feet.

*sighs

guess i will have to stick to me mk2 golf gti 16 valver then..........

nice mini motor by the way

Slick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2004, 08:49   #68
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick13
i'm 6'4 i can't see me ever getting one without moving the back seats out and the drivers one back by a few feet.
Really? Im 6'4 too and didnt find it too bad actually!
Old 1st Apr 2004, 17:53   #69
TeAaKa
Minimodder

i'm only a short a$$ at 5ft 11inch but thers actual plenty of room in the front 2 seats, aslong as the pushed right back. I've had me mate in abck and hes 6ft 2. Only thing is thou ur ankles tend to ache after a while coz ur constantly got em at uncomfie angles unless there flat on floor. Which i usualy my fav postion for em esp on the accelerator
Old 1st Apr 2004, 21:43   #70
:: Phat ::
Oooh shakalaka!

:: Phat :: has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeAaKa
(Rover) Mini Cooper Sports 1.3i bout 90bhp

Nice, I'd love a clean mini cooper for messing about it.....

"cos it's a self preservation society...."

. . ______________________ . .

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
- Who will Guard the Guardians?

:: Phat :: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2004, 21:46   #71
Iceman
Staff

Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by :: Phat ::
Nice collection Iceman

You done any form of advanced driving?

P.S. Guess where we're going to have the next bit meet!!!! lol

No I haven't but as Haz will attest, I've always been able to drive rather well even in normal cars. I certainly have no problems pushing this to its limits either
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2004, 22:30   #72
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
No I haven't but as Haz will attest, I've always been able to drive rather well even in normal cars. I certainly have no problems pushing this to its limits either
Got to say the VX doesnt look out of place against the rest of the family runabouts.
Looks very nice.

Just out of interest which car does you dad drive the most when he just wants a good blast.
Old 1st Apr 2004, 22:32   #73
Iceman
Staff

Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Iceman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Well the GT2 is not a car for a wet day, the 2004 one pumps out over 470bhp with no traction control or other driver aids The GT2 is just for some fun at the weekends. He drives an XKR 4.2 as his everyday car.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2004, 23:50   #74
TeAaKa
Minimodder

I spent over 5hrs cleaning that car. But that was full t-cut, autoglym and chrome work done and polished.

but i usally spend bout 1hr a week cleaning it, but thats just car wax and the chrome work which really needs looking after! gotta beat the rust.
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 01:20   #75
Slick13
Multimodder

Slick13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic

yeah getting in is the easy bit.....

it the driving and getting out thats hard seeing as 6'4 also means size 13 feet and mini does not like them plates of meat being pressed into its bodywork.
Slick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 11:12   #76
TeAaKa
Minimodder

o yeah thats it, they do handle like the bizz but not at low speeds!

Without power sterring or even assisted steering if u carnt get ur car in like first time(which i think i have perfected) in parking bays. U can be left with a small work out. Comming home form the gym after a hard workout on upper body, i could gardly turn the wheel to back out of the bay. took me about 10-15 secs put opposite lock on were as a modern car would of been like 2 secsonds! But i love it! wen i drive me dads merc or sister 206 i find it weird as it feels like its a game. Coz of cable clutch and powered steering.

1 last thing, Anyone know where(uk) u can get those handles for ur steering wheel. U see ppl with strokes have em.
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 11:31   #77
:: Phat ::
Oooh shakalaka!

:: Phat :: has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Try getting in and out of a VX like icemans all I'll say is I'm glad you can take the roof off!!!!

. . ______________________ . .

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
- Who will Guard the Guardians?

:: Phat :: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 15:57   #78
lamcdonald
Multimodder

lamcdonald has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by micb
May I ask who built the enclosure?

Come to think of it if I remember correctly the specs on the some of those Xplode LS series subwoofers were only to be used in sealed enclosures only.

2.8 cubic foot is probebly quite a good size for those older Xplode 15's they quite like low Qtc enclosures, it gives them quite a bit better low end.
I designed, built and installed the whole system First (and only to date) system I ever worked on

That's correct... Supposed to be a 1.4 cu.ft sealed box. Mine works fine, just a bit more cone movement than it was designed for. I don't use it often and I don't push it hard, so it should be OK... I hope!
lamcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2004, 08:58   #79
Monster
Minimodder

Monster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
94 Ford Mustang Gt Convertible
in black

(yes I know fords are crap. But at least it's pretty)
Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2004, 04:29   #80
Providence
Supermodder

Providence has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan
2.2L Inline 4cyl 140bhp@wheels
Automatic ( )
4 door
CD Player
Tanabe Style Muffler (2.5" piping)
AEM Cold Air Intake

Coming in 2006: turbo @ 14psi, Venom fuel rails (fuel pump and air intake manifold too), 15" black w/polished lips rims, body kit from Razzi, lowering springs and struts, new seats (Corbeau)

Two words: graduation money
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, motors, say no to skimlinks, say yes to aardvarks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode