1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Suggest me some colour.

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 4 Apr 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have just finished redecorating my hbedroom / man cave and it has gone from heavily stained with nicotine yellow to a virginal white. White ceiling, wood work and walls. The carpet colour as yet has not been selected but I an going for neutral with perhaps a hint of blue. Bed will be pine, windows will be covered in roller blinds probably a deep blue.

So looking to add a bit of colour cheaply. I am not painting say one wall at the moment that is a future project.

I would like surreal pictures in frames but I suspect my budget already stretched from car and bed second desk and other bits and pieces will not allow for that. Though I am going to wander round the big car boot sale as I picked a a nice set of brass door handles and three small brass coat hooks for a song. But good stuff is getting harder to find as it seems to be filled with eastEuropeans flogging crap. But there may be something.

Anyone got any suggestions?

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Hard to do without pictures of the room and some information on which way the windows face. Pics?

3. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

[​IMG]

All of this is subject to your host culture, so take it with a fist of salt, but hopefully it'll generate ideas. Also if you want to make a room seem wider, paint the longer walls a lighter tone.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Sacrifice a goat, the arterial spray will liven up those dull white walls...

That or some posters/prints...

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

No pictures but I did get this fine woos backed/framed mirror for a tenner.

[​IMG]

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Sky blue blinds (not deep blue! Line them with blackout material if necessary) and light stone grey walls. Light natural wooden accents.