1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Saints Row: The Third

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Joey_B, 24 Jun 2011.

1. Joey_B

Joey_B Theres a SNAKE in my boot!!

E3 Trailer

Gameplay Video

I've found myself REALLY looking forward to this!

Sandbox type game, very similar to GTA, but wheras GTA4 went down the realism route Saints Row has gone MASSIVELY in the other direction! Its all about the fun and crazy weapons and cars. My favorite example seen so far being the "Manupault" a drivable cannon that vacuums up pedestrians and fires them out of its roof mounted cannon! I mean who can't love that!!

Lets hope they do a better job of the PC port this time anyway.

2. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

Was just watching the trailer too, definitely looking forward to it for something to mess around on. Been playing through SR2 again aswell recently, fun game despite the performance issues.

I hope it has good multiplayer like free roam on GTA.

3. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

a m a z i n g

4. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

should be pretty fun, the second is a Riot multiplayer, just a shame I had to buy the PS3 version, as the PC port it possibly the worst I've ever seen. It struggled to run it on full on my i7 rig (not to mention i had to get a 3rd party app to get it to run in widescreen resolutions)

If it's a good port, I'll get it on the PC. If it's not, I'll wait until it drops down to bargain bin prices.

I hope they kept the insurance fraud missions and the cocky accent, those where hilarious.

5. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

What are the chances of SR1's multiplayer modes returning? That would make my day.

Otherwise i'm not too crazy about all the crazyness... SR2 already deviated from the original's style but this one seems to have entirely departed from it.

6. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

I saw a gameplay vid at the weekend and couldnt work out if it was too over the top or just enough.

I hope it was the later

7. rainbowfication

rainbowfication What's a Dremel?

Saints Row Is what you want in a game i have got the orignal and 2 cant wait for the third

it is the funniest game i have ever played hopefully 4 player co-op

8. Virt

Virt What's a Dremel?

Will you have to have played the previous games to follow any hint of story the third might have? Or are they all separate games?

I've never played either of the Saints Row games. Would now be a good time to start? :p

9. Paul @ HD Review

Paul @ HD Review What's a Dremel?

Will Tera Patrick be in this one?

10. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

the story of saints row: you are the leader of the third street saints, you want to be the biggest baddest mobsters around, you cause mayhem and chaos until that is achieved.

The story of saints row 2: get caught in boat explosion, end up in coma, wake up, then See above.

the PC port of saints row 2 is utterly terrible, however you can probably pick up on consoles for under £10. It's great fun, like a really mad version of GTA IV that rewards you for doing all the fun crazy stuff you WANT to do in a sandbox (driving like a nutter, throwing yourself at cars e.t.c)

11. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

so i guess you're all too busy playing to comment?

i spent ~8 hours by now mainly causing mayhem with the occasional mission now and then. driving took a bit of getting used to, but works nice. (as long as you call speeding an handbreak turns driving). within the first hour i saw genkhi rpg'ing a store - had to beat the crap out of the cat and earned 100k. nice :)

12. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Worth a buy?

Anyone done Co-Op yet?

13. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

for me it was worth it. pc version btw. didn't coop yet.

14. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

im gettin it in a month or two after I played enough bf3 and fm4. might get 2 first tho, £9 on amazon

it does look good

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

"Whooo! Talk to me Goose" - love it! Preordered!

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Oh they have, had a 3 hour muck around in the game :thumb:, I remember how utterly buggy the 2nd one was at release, was unplayable but this is very nicely tuned & looks far better than the 2nd, vehicles are nicer to drive too, not as nice as gta driving but definitely a good improvement, I'm fairly split between wanting to play on a pad or mouse & keys though, vehicle handling is much better on pad but aiming shots is horrible so if you need to do some accurate shooting while driving or on foot you need to be good at doing it on a pad (I'm crap :lol:) I like to get quick kills with head shots so I'm trying to get good on driving/flying with mouse & keys, this is another game I was really looking forward to & when I got to play it I thought hmmm not sure if I like it but it's growing on me fast, the vehicle with gats head isn't much good with the flame thrower but the human cannonball truck is an awesome fun touch :D can be used to get you to higher platforms too :), the game is completely over the top so a nice change to the way gta has gone & I don't regret pre-ordering it.

But now I'm split between playing this, skyrim & later today batman :eeek: way to much awesomeness all of a sudden :lol:.

17. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

im enjoying it so far, I've got to agree it is the funniest game I've ever played. grabbing people as human shields then throwing them off a roof had me in fits!

18. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

£25 on amazon on black friday deals atm. 360 and ps3

19. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Fuuuu. Just paid £35 on the Hut!

Ah well, it's a fun game either way. Going to Co-Op it tonight with a mate.

20. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Been having a lot of fun with this on the xbox lately, mainly in co-op. We completed the main story last night. My friend made a video :D