1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFG Tech GeForce 7800 GS OC AGP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 2 Feb 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. TomH

TomH BELTALOWDA!

Bloody hell, that was quick :p

So where did you get the UK price from? I'm about fed-up having FEAR, Q4 and DX:IW installed, and not being able to play them on my GF2 :(

/runs off to find one.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

OcUK, Ebuyer and Scan should have stock of GeForce 7800 GS's

4. TomH

TomH BELTALOWDA!

Make that Komplett (PoV, Club3D ref cards) too.

Can't see any on the OcUK site though :/ Nor eBuyer.

There's no sign of the BFG OC either :(

5. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

OCUK has BFG stock. Can't link it directly, but it's there, under AGP...

Gonna buy one Tom?

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tekheads has Club3D and someone else 7800GS's.

7. TomH

TomH BELTALOWDA!

Heh, there they are .. on the 6800 page :/

Hmm.. They're really the last people I wanted to stock it. I had the last card from them, and I never did get *all* my money back when it screwed up. :(

Though I'm very tempted. £240 for a BFG OC, or £270 for an XFX eXtreme.. :p

8. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

I think I'll wait til they're closer to £200 before thinking about a purchase. I'm glad us AGP dinosaurs are still catered for though :D

9. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

too expensive for my tastes, id still rather get a 6800LE and softmod it. paying £250 for new tech on a old platform is simply not worth it.

10. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Do they all definitely soft mod though?

11. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

"a pointless exercise in life support for obsolete system."
    enough said. its silly to spend the money, especialy if you already have a socket 939 or 754 cpu. your better off buying some kind of sli motherboard. if your still using a socket A or *shiver* Intel system, its time to move on or wait till you can.

12. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

No, they don't. :blah:

13. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

fear my super clocked9800XT....
    it still does around 60fps on NFS:MostWanted and FEAR at pretty decent setting, not gunna complain just yet.

14. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

Thanks for a great read, once again. You guys have some nice resources organising skills to put a new review up almost always when something interesting gets published...surely those who supply the tested material need to be thanked for this also!

I don't know about others, especially since 6800 GT's (or ultras) have been reviewed alot, but I for one would have liked to have a 6800 GT AGP as a comparison in the performance charts.

The layout of the card seems a bit weird to me, all that excess space...

15. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Dammit, I was hoping they'd finally screw it and STOP releasing cards for AGP. Oh well. It's not as if there's no market, but if you're still on AGP you should be upgrading some other stuff along with the video card.

16. MR BUNGLE

MR BUNGLE Shoddymodder

Errr... Not sure your recommendations for AMD socket 754 owners are really comprehensive...
    Sure, 754 is fairly obsolete now, but you can buy a large variety of PCIe motherboards. (Even SLI!!!!)
    - Why suggest that people buy a new CPU, when they don't have to: They could have already spent a couple of hundred £s on a 754 4000+ !!!
    (and even socket 939 is soon to become the 'budget' setup anyway!)

bah, I should probably be ignored: Just had the worst day of the year (so far) and maybe I'm slightly bitter cos I'm just buying a sempron 754 setup (cheap bstard that I am)

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If youve got a 3.2C P4 on a 865PE/875 board with AGP8x that's still not that much slower than stuff out today.

18. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Why. Why I ask. Why keep the AGP market going. Why. The PCI-E is the best way to go. For the price of this card you can get a new mobo, and mid range CPU. Still they want keep AGP alive.

To all the AGP guys out there. Make the move. I thought it was going to cost be alot also, but I made the move to PCI-E and AMD 64 for less then $800 CND. New mobo, CPU, RAM and 6600GT. For less then $800 CND last June. There is no point is AGP. Some want to wait for socket M2 but that wont be ready till like next x-mas. It might be saling in sep, but wont be able to get a ok price to x-mas.

I just see no point if upgrading the AGP market. Right after they Make the 6800GS then need to make a 7800GS. That is only shoting your self in the foot.

19. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

I was wondering about this card, we got them in at work about 4 days ago, and when I opened the box I had no idea what card this was, I remember reading rumors about it, but I'm glad you guys got the review done on them.

Though for the price, I think I will just upgrade my bloody machine, for the bit more it costs its worth getting into 939 and pci-e instead. hope my Taxes get back quickly!!!

20. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

I just got done reading the review. A good read. I know why you only compared it to one card, and not the 7800gt and the 6800gt, because it would truely shame the card for what it is and what it costs.
    ex.

7800gt $289 from newegg.com
    *cheaper
    *can sli
    *has 4 more pixel piplelines
    *has one more vertex shader
    *has eight more pixel output engines

why would you buy a vastly inferior card for more money?
    7800gs $338.99 from buy.com

Tags: Add Tags