1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows External Hard Drive Access Denied

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by enfluence, 20 Nov 2012.

1. enfluence

enfluence Minimodder

Hello....So I've formatted my computer because I bought an 830 Intel SSD and wanted to gain faster boot times with windows 7 and now when I plug in my samsung 1.5tb ntfs hard drive it doesn't allow me to access any files but yet on my other computer also with windows 7 it works fine...and it's not the computer because i've used other externals on it just to test it out.

So i've narrowed it down to permission issues because what else could it be...and i've done the whole properties > security > Full control to which it goes through the lists of files allowing them all and then I still get the access deined crap....

The only thing I can find about this problem is that swapping over previous OS's like XP to Windows 7 requires some settings changed....but Ive NEVER even used another operating system with this hard drive....

I thought i'd post this just incase it ment anything to any of you...the folders on the external hard drive that im testing on another computer show like this

[​IMG]

locks on the folders? could that be anything?

If anyone could help it'd be really appreciated, i don't feel like formatting a nearly full 1.5TB hard drive due to windows 7 being .....

should also mention that the drive works fine in safe mode. HALP!!!!!

Last edited: 20 Nov 2012
  2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Right click the drive, & change the owner of the files in the security tab to yourself.

3. enfluence

enfluence Minimodder

Didn't do anything :/ Only last thing I can think of is someone remote control my computer and find out whats going on because this drive works fine in safe mode and the other computer...so it can't be anything but but permissions..

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

5. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I can do this tomorrow for you.

join.me session ok?

Margo Baggins likes this.
  6. enfluence

enfluence Minimodder

Sorry for the late reply was busy today if you can give me a date and a time i'd be more than happy for you to :)

7. saspro

saspro IT monkey

10am today?

PM me