1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus Game Box micro-console plans leak

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 13 Mar 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Considering how poor the Ouya has done I am surprised anyone is bothering with this. As long as the price is low enough though I suppose it might be successful?

The controller however looks like one of the cheap knock offs you used to have as a "spare" pad for the PS1/PS2 for when you friends come over.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

lol "Game Box". That's what my dad called my brother's console back in the day of gamecube and xbox (he also called it "X-Cube".

@xaser OUYA did poorly because they decided to be lazy and cheap with hardware. The concept was good but it was already old tech before it was even released, and they had more than enough money to change that.

4. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

I don't think hardware had anything to do with why Ouya failed. Unless you're talking about the crappy controller. No, the reason it flopped is the lack of compelling software.

5. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

crappy sony looking controller. Take inspiration from Xbox controller, and it might stand a chance.

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Why aren't these guys bundling all the hardware into the controller? Why the need for a box? If you can fir the SOC, battery etc. into a phone, why not a controller?

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

'Cos they don't want to be accused of ripping off the Nvidia Shield, which is exactly what you just described (plus a flip-up screen, 'cos you might as well.)