1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Wire crimper adjustment help?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kashmir, 20 Oct 2014.

1. kashmir

kashmir What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong section but I could really use some help!

I recently purchased a ratchet crimping tool in my attempt to get back into building computers. I wanted to try one of these tools for making my own wires but i can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust this thing.

I removed the screw but the adjustment disc wont budge. Is this a defective product or is there a trick to it? Here is the specific product i purchased: http://www.amazon.com/HT-225D-Cycle...p/B007JLN93S/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks in advanced!

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Usually works at the default setting albeit not very well. It's probably stiff but the wheel will move with the screw removed. Use a screw driver to push it.

3. kashmir

kashmir What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the response! I've been trying that and the only thing i've been successful of is scratching it up. Before posting, the tool came with the screw in the other hole all the way on the furthest + and i was able to move it slightly... about two slots but had to use the other screw hole (same as the amazon picture) but i would think i could move it over another 2-3 slots. Do you think that's the furthest it goes or is it just a defective product?

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Mine moves all the way round but it really needs to be set on the minimum setting and even then it doesn't work brilliantly as it simply folds the 'wings' of ATX pins over rather than crimping them into the insulation. Because of that the ATX pins are relatively easy to pull off the wire.

It does work well for the 4 pin molex type pins and fan pins though and is especially good for crimping dual wires on 4 pin molex type pins.