1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films NowTV - Sky Movies

Discussion in 'General' started by Big Elf, 5 Aug 2014.

1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I have normally watch TV through Freeview via a normal roof aerial connection. I very recently bought a NowTV box (fell for the TV advert) which uses a wireless connection to the router and signed up to a months free trial of Sky Movies.

I'm on ADSL broadband with Zen with a regular and consistent 11mbps which until now has been more than enough for browsing and iPlayer catch up. However with Sky Movies I'm experiencing constant buffering on virtually every film I watch irrespective of time of day (I've tried between about 09:00 to 03:00). The buffering can last a couple of seconds or eventually times out and I have to start the film again The buffering happens repeatedly throughout a film.

Does anyone else have a NowTV box and do you have these buffering problems? Sky tell me that there's no problems at their end but they've lied on this particular point at least once before so I'm unsure whether it's them or my broadband connection.

2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Our NowTV is absolutely fine on a similar connection, albeit with Sky Broadband. Do you have issues on all services on the NowTV Box (4OD, iPlayer HD etc.) or just Sky Movies? Also, if you login to Sky on a PC and watch Sky Movies there do you have the same issues?

My first thought is poor Wifi signal to the box, but I guess you might have ruled that out already.

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I didn't realise I could watch Sky Movies on my PC as well so I'll test that out as that has a wired connection to the router.

I plan on watching something on iPlayer using the box to check whether that buffers as well.

The NowTV box is in the same room, within 20' of the router and the signal appears to be good.