1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Parvum Systems Interview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 15 Jul 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Seriously thought about building one of these but ashamed to say I chickened out because of the self assembly nature of the case.

My new PC is only the second time I've put one together, and the thought of actually having to put together the case itself was a step too far, I could foresee nothing but problems and stress TBH, especially with my clumsy fingers.

Lovely looking things though and I wish them every success in the future.

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'm really keen to see what the retail version of the mini-ITX Parvum case is like. I'm particularly interested in the customisation options that Parvum offer, especially after reading the likes of Parge's "They said I was dead" build log - that custom panel looks utterly gorgeous.

I trust Bit will be reviewing the mITX case as soon as it's available? :D

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Indeed! A sample is inbound or so I'm told!

5. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

excellent coverage.
    Looking forward to the ITX and the new fans!

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Excellent :D

7. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

:D Was going to post a Mr Burns picture myself but I'm at work, so couldn't :D

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Oooooooooooh that TitanFall one in the first page made my heart skipped a beat!

10. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I went over and said hello to Imersa last year when he was at the I-series.

These machines really don't get given justice in photos. Walking past those desks was like going through a damn of people as they all rubber necked to see the setups inside them.

I too would love to build my next system inside one.

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Dont forget this little puppy last year

[​IMG]

:thumb:

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I really think that they should introduce aluminium and wooden (or bamboo) panels to the mix. That would be awesome.

13. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

I'm glad everyone liked the interview, cant wait to show some more on the ITX.

Our background was actually CNC cutting 3D wood work. The most material we've ever cut on a CNC was huge oak panels we recreated to then be finished by hand for a Georgian house.

There's nothing stopping us trying to get something done for a Parvum in wood. It's just on the list to do :D

We've also been working closely with steel for a personal project so introducing metal for perhaps the accents could be a really nice touch.

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'll echo Nexxo's sentiments - I'd love to see wooden panels, and metal accents too.

15. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Having recently taken delivery of a Parvum custom ITX case, I can only praise the business that Justin & Shaun have created.
    I have the build part done and still fiddling to get started with it.
    I WILL post on BT, but life's been a bit hectic to get stuck into modding lately.
    Keep up the good work guys, that matte acrylic is amazing and the lack of static is brilliant.

16. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

It would be great if the do a NAS version with pre-installed 4 external +1 internal HDD bays and 80-120 mm Fan mount in a similar volume as a HP Micro Server, they would have an other winning product.

17. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Get on our and other Keyboard forums, there is quite the market for wooden Keybaord cases.
    Here is an other one: deskthority.net and There is another big one but I can not remember the name at this time.

Seriously, there was a small firm in Germany that fell through last year due to high demand. I think the 60% size has the greatest market at this time. Best to ask here and over there though as I am not one of the gurus ;)

18. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

It's more how busy we are with other things such as the cases. With such demand there and so far to go with the business we cannot go into keyboards at the moment.

I have an account at DT and GH and spent a lot of time there a couple of years back.

19. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Glad to hear things are going well. If we could organize a CAD file, would that make a difference? I mean you did say you still do custom runs. Or can you no longer source the supplies?

Tags: Add Tags