1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Loop Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JitsuSparty, 27 Jan 2015.

1. JitsuSparty

JitsuSparty Minimodder

Afternoon all,

I am planning on building a/my first watercooling loop in a case and just wanted an independant review of my components/plan, the loop I am planning is this:

Reservoir - Aquatube (mine is aluminium with an aquajet)
    Pump - D5 Inc Top
    Radiator 1 - Phobya G-Changer 240mm (older one in just black)
    Graphics Card - Card Block
    Radiator 2 - Nexxos ST30 240
    CPU - EK Supremacy

The loop is going to be monsoon Hardline with fittings and filled with pastel white mayhems.

Any advice/feedback welcomed

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Solid choices apart from the Aquatube. Although the aluminium res is anodised it only needs a pin ***** in it to start corrosion with the copper components in the loop. Screwing in a fitting is enough to potentially damage the anodising.

If you're planning on using some form of anti-corrosion additive then any potential corrosion will be delayed but not totally stopped.

If you like that style of res then they used to make a delrin version that may be worth tracking down.

3. JitsuSparty

JitsuSparty Minimodder

Thanks Big Elf - kinda what I thought after reading it up (after I bought it of course)... also thinking I need to get a mounting pad for the pump

The rig will be going in a Parvum case - so I have a bit of saving up to do before it is built completely.