1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sensel Morph looks to redefine touch input

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 26 Aug 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

With an appropriate 'overlay' this could be a good secondary control interface for control-heavy games like Star Citizen/Elite Dangerous (I.e. as a replacement for the keyboard in a HOTAS-like setup)...

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Agreed, it could be quite a nice little touch interface for dealing with the masses of controls in games like those two.
    I'd love to see this device evolve a little further with the option of a customisable display, which I think would extend how useful it could be for handling various flight/space-sim controls.

4. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Thinking about it, why not a 'slaved' tablet, with a control app on it?

That way you could have multiple control panels which you can swipe through, depending on situation, i.e. one set up for fight, one for flight, another for landing/docking, etc.
    You could also have skins for each ship/game...

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well, not backing it on KS, but the moment production units land at least one of those things is mine.

My biggest peeve about graphics tablets has been the lack of feel and the proprietary tools. That little device looks like it solves both, now if they can figure out how to get it built into a screen at the same time...