1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Dirty Bomb

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AQNFX, 24 Jun 2015.

1. AQNFX

AQNFX Twist The Grip, Let It Rip!

It's a really fun and free game. It's in beta right now but I can't stop playing it. I have not had this much fun in a shooter in a while. Pm me your steam name so we can play!

http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/

Last edited: 24 Jun 2015
  2. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

Looks good. Will download at some point

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

ftfy

4. silk186

silk186 Derp

looks interesting

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

To me, it looks pretty generic, what makes it stand out from the rest of the shooter crowd?

6. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

its fun and skill based you wont quick deaths shoot heads
    most are balanced with good skill sets to weapons

its alot like CS:GO in team fortress style but as its free ATM its really worth a go having great fun with it

7. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

Tried this today and was good fun fast paced and challenging

8. AQNFX

AQNFX Twist The Grip, Let It Rip!

I love it. I have not touched any of my other games since I got this

9. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

whats your steam can join you if you wanted

10. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I messed around on this with Loftie yesterday. The game plays well; guns felt pretty solid, the action can vary from very fast paced to stand-offish and we had a couple of games which really ebbed and flowed down to the last few minutes. I'm uncertain if it's one i'll continue playing, as i think it'll be much better as a group rather than singularly (or even a pair), and it may be a hard sell to get our group to play (met with claims of 'pay to win' as soon as we mentioned it was free).

My main concern with the game is the f2p model, which feels like it'll be a huge grind after a while to get anywhere. Whilst leveling up I don't see it being a problem (I think i got 12,000 creds on my last level up), but I'd be curious to see how you'll gain any real income when you hit max level, each round only seems to net you ~200 credits, and even the cheaper characters cost 30,000!

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I've clocked up 3 hours on this over the last few days, not much to be fair, but enough to whet my appetite.

It's fast, it's fun, it really demands teamwork from players. Weapons are solid enough across the board and eventhe starting freebie ones are solid for new players. I'm liking the locked loadouts for characters as it does away with the grinding for new weapons/attachments.

As for the grind, it doesn't seem to be too bad at all. Supporting team mates, playing the objective furiously and using character skills gives you a noticeable increase in XP and Credits rather than just running and gunning. First game I played netted me over 12,000 credits. Slowed down a bit since then, but already have 35,000 credits.

The upcycling of character cards to get higher tiered ones is a nice feature actually and the equipment crates which give you new character cards works well. DarkJester from ZiiP got 3 of them the other day (for free, just from playing the game) and got himself 2 iron character cards and one golden one! The Pay-2-Win thing doesn't really seem all too applicable in this so far. :)

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Urgh, I hate people that dismiss all F2P games as being P2W. So dumb.

13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Pretty much agreed with what Edwards said - but then we played it together so! Maybe some of the loadouts are much more powerful, but I didn't see anyone who felt like that in the games we played. Runs much better than BF4 for me, so that's also a bonus.

Not sure how much time you'd spend playing it, as you said Parge it's pretty generic. But the controls/guns feel good and it's a decent laugh. I think it's good as something you can play a few rounds in and then move on.

14. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Played a few games the other day, seems nice enough for a free shooter. If you can get a few friends together to fill a whole team it'll be a blast I guess.

The grind to level 7 for party matchmaking is a real slog though. That's 50-60 games I guess? Played around 15 games so far and there always was at least one person screaming through voice chat, two Russians and a few snipers just farming kills instead of doing objectives. Not sure if I will pull through to level 7 tbh.

15. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Nah, you only need lvl5 for matchmaking. Which is 54k xp. So 10-15 games.

You also get the get the non-ptfo guys in csgo.

16. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Really? All googling pointed to lvl 7. That's great news, I am lvl 5 in a game or two.

17. Cloudisfast

Cloudisfast What's a Dremel?

I've looked at this game and just kinda shrugged it off and not bothered with it, but I keep hearing more good things about it so maybe I will try it. Maybe.

18. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

anyone for a game today??