1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Thermaltake Core P5 Review - Conclusions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 1 Oct 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. ChrisHowell

ChrisHowell What's a Dremel?

Great to see some different style cases being mass produced. I think the market is getting quite bored of the traditional tower styles - even the really nice ones. So great effort to Thermaltake for taking that step forward.

If anything, I think the GPU shelf looks a little clumbsy and sticks out wayyy far. I would have just included mounting points for the GPU directly onto the panel. Yeah it's harder to do, but it looks a lot better in my opinion.

3. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

awesome case !

4. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Amazing. Thermaltake is doing a great job rebranding them self. I like the direction of there new products.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Seriously considering this as my next case along with their rad+res-pump combo. Looks extremely deep though, rather than the LiLi ones, which are flatter.

6. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I would really like to see what they could offer for an ITX case in a similar style...

7. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Yeah that's just it. I've had hands on with both and the LiLis are more refined - also way more expensive!

8. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Ditto - something a little thinner and smaller would be very interesting. There's a spot on my office wall waiting for it :)

9. kent thomsen

kent thomsen What's a Dremel?

Erhm, why is it pointless what temps the set-up has? And what noise it makes?

B.r.

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

As you'd supply you're own cooling setup, the temp and fan noise would be caused by whatever you used.

I must admit, I am very tempted by this case.

11. ArcAngeL

ArcAngeL What's a Dremel?

it tempts me also, but I would prefer to mount my gpu's direct to the board. or if I am going single gpu to use the rizer to lay it flat and minimize the width of the design.

12. mu5tang71

mu5tang71 What's a Dremel?

I I recently purchased a new chassis the Thermaltake Core P5. It gives you the option to mount your GPU the traditional horizontal way or the more Non-Traditional vertical.. I completed my build and water loop and everything looks great... Now when I power it up the display comes on during post and as soon as it logs into win10 the display shuts down and the monitor reads a stock message (NOT CONNECTED).. When I install the GPU in the horizontal position it works absolutely perfect as usual.... Thermaltake states on the product specs page for the case the riser cable is a PCI-e 3.0 ribbon cable that works with the higher end GPU's... I was wondering if this could be a faulty riser or maybe a bios setting I am missing or a win10 issue?.. I have been troubleshooting for 3 days now... Any input would be appreciated....

PC SPECS

Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VII Formula ATX VII - PCI-e 16x 3.0
    CPU - Intel 4770k
    GPU- -EVGA Classified 770 single
    PSU - EVGA 750w Modular
    BIOS Fully Updated

Tags: Add Tags