1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Haswell build check

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shadow_101, 27 Aug 2013.

1. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Hey Folks,

Haven’t done a new build in a while* and would appreciate some criticism/advice :)

[​IMG]

Budget: Not really set out with one, just after a good workhorse for a reasonable price.

Use: Some Gaming, quite a bit of VM work, will be overclocked.

Not that convinced I’ll bother with the 1TB hard drive, and may swap it with a larger Samsung SSD, as I’ve got 4TB of network storage for anything long term.

Also R3 case has noise padding not sure how well that will play with the hot Haswell’s when overclocked?

Matt

*my last build may have been Athon 64..., 2005?

2. MrGumby

MrGumby CPC 464 User

Id be tempted to up the SSD to the 250GB model but other than that nice looking build.

Shadow_101 likes this.
  3. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Cheers MrGumby.

With 137 views and one comment I’ll assume there’s nothing glaringly wrong with the build.

Thanks,

4. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I can't help but feel you have skimped on the cooler. The CPU you've got runs bloody hot so I would consider a H80/Kuhler 920/H100 or even one of these as they're pretty cheap right now.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cors...-2xfans-intel-lga-115x-1366-2011-amd-am2(plus)

Ooo ! nice they have those back in stock !! I was gonna post this..

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/ener...uble-length-radiator-2-x-tb-silence-12cm-fans

But yeah, definitely worth the extra beans IMO.

Edit for some reason that top link will not work when pasted.. Go to coolers - water - multi cpu hyrdo coolers..

Or scan product number LN51721

It's a refurb H80 for £37.

5. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

The build looks good to me. You could consider a better cooler but I personally would avoid the refurb all-in-one coolers. I have a H60 on my 3570K and it does a damn fine job whilst OC'd to 4.6GHz.
    I would also consider a 250GB SSD too.

6. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Is there a reason for that? I've had mine for months now and not a single problem.