1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay another problem updated old thread instead of making new one

Discussion in 'Serious' started by maple, 5 Dec 2014.

1. maple

maple Minimodder

UPDATE) New problem

This Person here:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=curr-alwy&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2776

Has purchased some PS2 wrestling games from me, I decided to check his feedback which he had left for other people and his last two feedbacks left are as follows:
    -
    Game does not load should have put in bin not sold it to me!!!

Seller forgot ! To mention that games are Spanish language set up unhappy !
    -
    So I decided to message the last one he bought off he had bought a wrestling game from that person too, anyway i asked the person what happened and if i should sell to him and he replied:

"Well the game I surplied was playing when it left me I personally wouldn't as he didn't even tell me about the problem"

So what do you think guys should I sell to this guy and risk a case, negative etc

if i just full refund him without sending it he my still give me a negative

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Scroll down to my posts at bottom of this first page where i try to tell you how i think it happens)

I've sold a ps3 controller on ebay, it was one of those 3rd party controllers that you can find in places like argos etc, it was quite cheap as it had an issue with the left analogue stick thoguh it worked fine it felt 'weird'. The best way i can describe is when it has had alot of use the analogue sticks on controllers go slightly not as good as they originally were, it was like that.

I stated it in my title and description clearly and the buyer asked me questions on the controller and I replied saying that it works except this issue

Yesterday he sent me a message saying he hasn't received the item, it had been sent on monday second class so it had been the 3 working days.

Today he messages me 4 times in the space of a few minutes:

New message from: conn_flet (7)

This controller is **** what's wrong with it

then he sends:

Right I've thrown the **** controller away and I want a refund now you sold me a broken controlor the r2 don't work or start so I want a refund cuz what you've done it froud

I want a refund now

You told me one thing was wrong with it the whole thing don't work as I said I'm thrown it away and want a refund now

The buyer also purchased the very same orb controller from another seller on ebay i asked the seller if he did the same to him, he replied:

New message from: hanmoz511 (167)

Hi there.Nope he won the auction then mailed me and said he no longer wanted it Then because he couldn't retracted the bid he left negative feedback. I've complained to eBay and they are retracting the feedback

So what should I do?

Last edited: 28 May 2015
  2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I would at the very least report the buyer on eBay and contact eBay support. He looks like he has 'form' in this sort of behaviour... Was your listing entirely accurate? It sounds like you described the faults accurately. Did you list it as 'for parts or not working'?

3. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I'd report him to eBay too.

4. maple

maple Minimodder

I listed the item as 'used' however I stated quite clearly in the title about the left analogue stick as well as stating this in the description

I listed it as used because the controller us actually fully functional the left analogue stick isnt broken however its not as solid as a brand new one, its just worn, you know when the controller is worn and then the analogue sticks occassionally to the left or right like that, so it still works it just acts weird due to wear

Also i've reported him but there was an issue before in the past where a buyer was rude and i reported it however i dont think anything was done

the problem is though that he can easily oen a case ebay refund the buyer from the sellers money without even getting the sellers point of view

Also the buyer is claiming thhe r2 doesn't work as you can see in the message i pasted, even though there is nothing wrong with the r2 button

5. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

If he opens a case you'll be given opportunity to respond to it. If he wants a refund then I'd have thought he'd be expected to return the controller, which he can't do if he's thrown it away. I'd be surprised if they granted him a refund and let him keep the item when you clearly described it honestly and it's just his word against yours, particularly when you factor in the information from the other seller.

I think if I were you I'd contact eBay directly to find out where I stand and to get in before the buyer. You can chat to them here: http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?&query=1569

6. maple

maple Minimodder

Appreciate the help thank you, I will try contacting them in the morning just hope ebay use some common sense and understand

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Report him for being a dick. Which should be a criminal offense IMO.

8. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

Since this is eBay and you are the seller the end result is not going to be good, so now it is just about handling it calmly. There is no point contacting eBay as they have no interest in protecting sellers, only "buyers".

First of all, the chances of him leaving negative feedback whatever resolution you offer him are high, so it is not worth meeting his demand of a full refund just yet.

It's worth reporting them, if just to vent off your frustration. However I have never known eBay to act on any reports, even when provided with substantial evidence.

Simply respond to him saying you are sorry he is unhappy with it, the description was accurate, however he is welcome to return the item for a full refund.

Chances are he will refuse this.

If you are lucky he will leave you negative feedback and that will be the end of it.

If he takes it further and opens a returns case then you have two options:

1. Accept the return - this will mean you pay for the return cost and it will be added onto your eBay invoice. If the item is under 1KG the cost should be £2.78 if I remember correctly. You just have to hope he returns the item you sent him, and not just an empty box. At least if he returns the item you may be able to sell it again.

2. Decline/ignore the return - in this case eBay will refund the buyer from your PayPal account and not require him to return the item to you.

The intentions of this person are clear, just like many other "buyers" on eBay. This is why I say to make them jump through a few hoops to get their refund (opening the returns case and returning the item), since they are probably going to leave you negative anyway there is no point rolling over since you cannot be in a worse position.

This unfortunately is the scamfest eBay has now become.

9. silk186

silk186 Derp

Let us know how it turns out. While ebay is easier than selling items locally I avoid it for this reason. While I have trouble with people low balling and not showing up it seems like less trouble than what I could get through ebay.

10. maple

maple Minimodder

Thank you for your response, so far i haven't yet replied to any of his silly messages i can tell that if i reply i will receive another barrage of silly messages

11. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Hmm. He has a feedback score of 7 and he does this? Shocking really. Perhaps try talking to eBay's live chat and explain the situation. I found them very helpful when I was returning a motherboard that was sold to me in a "working" condition when it was anything but working. They sorted things out for me there and then. Really great in all honesty. :)

12. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

No problem, I am sorry it is so negative.

Having been a seller on eBay myself for quite some time I've experienced these kinds of transactions on multiple occasions.

There have always been such people using the site, but the changes eBay made in recent months have really encouraged this kind of behaviour, almost advertising it as acceptable.

You were a buyer in that situation, hence eBay will always side with you.

Being a seller on eBay is a whole different matter.

One piece of advice I would say is that it is always worth contacting eBay after receiving negative feedback.

If the comment fits their feedback removal policy clearly then you are fine, but if not it is still worth trying as the removal is at the discretion of the support agent you are talking to. If you kick up enough fuss the feedback is sometimes removed. Just remember to be polite and outline the entire situation. It doesn't always work, but definitely worth a shot.

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

If he's really thrown it away and can't return it, he can't get a refund. He's destroyed any option he had.

Source: numerous sales to muppets on eBay :D

14. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Pretty sure eBay won't refund him if he does not send the item back, just be polite and what will check the messages in your account.

Then file a case for deformation of character to get the negative feedback removed

15. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

Since the new returns policy if the seller ignores the request then eBay will simply refund without asking the buyer to return.

Also depending on whether this person is a frequent scammer or not he may know that all eBay are interested in is the tracking number, does not matter what he actually returns, and it does not matter what evidence you as a seller provide, eBay will not side with the seller. You are only able to "dispute" the return after the buyer has been refunded from your account, probably because a seller will never win this appeal.

One of the most common scams is people ordering the latest tech, say a tablet, and then returning their old one at the seller's expense for a full refund!

As for the defamation request this will only remove the comment, not the feedback rating.

This has been my experience at least, and what I have heard from others. I would be happy to hear of recent cases (past couple months) that went differently though. I am still hopeful that at least one person working for eBay uses some common sense in these situations, but I have yet to see this.

16. maple

maple Minimodder

Thank you all for your input, I want you to ponder over this for a little bit,

Why is it that people do these things? What is in their heads?

Now first of all by banning these people from ebay will stop these people however it won't stop more people in future doing the same thing.

I believe people do these things as they have no morals/ethics they don't believe in God, if you believe in God you know that you are answerable to him after death so you won't do these things right.

But people like this guy are most likely atheist believe they can do whatever they want as they know there will be no consequences

By banning the person we are addressing the symptom but by having a good education system in this country which teaches love for the fellow human (selflessness etc) addresses the root cause

Its like taking a paracetamol, the tablet only helps he pain which is the symptom but not the root cause of the pain

the lower classes of this country are a reflection of the government, the government is in debt and so are the lower classes (credit cards etc)

Last edited: 6 Dec 2014
  17. maple

maple Minimodder

Now i just read the following which was shared by someone on facebook again its a similar thing although this one is much worse:

Be aware of new car-jacking scheme. You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. Then you lock all your doors, start the engine and shift or put into reverse. You look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your parking space, and you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift the gear stick back into park or neutral, unlock your doors and jump out of your car to remove that paper, or whatever it is that is obstructing your view.
    When you reach the back of your car that is when the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and takeoff!! Your engine was running, you would have left your purse in the car, and they practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

BE AWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED IN LONDON , MANCHESTER , AND MAKING ITS WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!!

Just drive away, and remove the paper later! If is stuck to your window, and be thankful that you read this post. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women! A purse contains all identification, and you certainly do NOT want someone getting your home address. They already HAVE your keys!

18. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I'm confused. What do imaginary friends and car jacking chain mails have to do with eBay?

19. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

ask the buyer to return the item via a tracked method and you`ll give him a refund (eg you are jumping through ebays hoops ).

also you`ll need to be very careful with the wording of your replies - I would say in the very first reply , something along the lines of

`thank you for your message and confirmation you have received the item , im sorry to hear you have found it faulty - but if you could now return it to XXXXXxxxxxxx via a tracked service , as per ebays guidelines , I will more than happily initiate the refund for you , once I have received the item back`

20. maple

maple Minimodder

the ebay thing what this guy is doing is sort of a way of 'theft' and i was saying its similar to car jacking but car jacking as they are both theft but car jacking is much much worse and i put the car jacking thing in there as i was saying in my previous post why it happens and what goes in the mind of these guys