1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling what tubing do people use these days?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LukeDaly, 11 May 2012.

1. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Hello everyone, been about 6 months since I filled my loop, and since I have to move a few things around for new parts I need some new tubing... which leads to my question... what tubing will stay clear the longest for me? current tubing is tygon :) thanks, Luke

2. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

As far as materials go, just get more of what you have. Tubing is one of those things that doesn't impact anything - Unless you're using copper pipes.

3. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

The sig rig has 1/2" ID stuff (see pics). Generally it has better flow, but the smaller stuff is more flexible and can be used in tight spaces. Not much in it though.

I generally don't leave my rig alone long enough for tubing to change colour or degrade, so I'm not sure on it's life.

4. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

is tygon still classed as the 'best' ? and will it stay clear longest etc?

5. jashaf

jashaf What's a Dremel?

Note I bought primochill tubing and quite liked working with it and it's color, etc. I run distilled + kill coil but I am just starting out. However I found out that primochill and tygon and lots of other tubing has clouding / plasticization issues with water temperatures over 40 degrees C.

see here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1272759/testing-tubing#post_17533777

Thus so far I haven't seen any really good alternatives. People were talking about beverage tubing which is plasticizer free, but it's expensive and it is very inflexible (or so I have read...)