1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Now that's what I call Customer Service!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Crapman, 8 Jun 2012.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

5th July Update - Now that's what I call Customer Service

This morning I received 3 MagiCool SLIM DUAL 240 Elegant Plexi series Rev. 2 radiators from aquatuning :D
    [​IMG]

However i think that they're returns that someone else has had. There's scratches all over the side panels (which have protective film so you can easily see where they've been roughed up), spots of fin damage in places and one of the chambers looks like it has stress fractures on one of the corners.

I'm in work and can't take any pics, but is it normal for rads to have the odd spot of damage or does this sound like a case for a return and refund?

Thanks

Crappy

Last edited: 5 Jul 2012
    Asouter and Tribble like this.
  2. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

return it.... if u payed for a new one u should get a new one and nothing less than that!

3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Agreed, straight back in the post with a nasty letter attached mate.

4. The_Crapman

I've already emailed them to advise of my dissatisfaction and want to return them. Pascal has asked for pictures so they shall be taken and forwarded when i get home. i'll post some up here too, but they're not for the faint hearted....

EDIT: Thanks guys. wasn't sure if i was overreacting, but after going back to Asouter's DEEP THOUGHT log, his rads of the same type make the one's i received look old, dreary and battered.

Last edited: 8 Jun 2012
  5. The_Crapman

Here's a few pics showing the state i recieved the rads in. Sad times *Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch*
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Nasty. Good thing you are going to send it back.

7. echo three

echo three What's a Dremel?

Makes me sad that a company would try and pass this off as new, must be a mistake.

8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Dafuq? That's not only not new it's busted.

9. The_Crapman

proper fudged. quite pissed off that they'd send me these.

10. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Quote Distance Selling Regulations and Sale of Goods Act, read my signature thread and let this company deal with ALL expenses associated with the return and or replacement.

11. The_Crapman

oh yeh totally. They can get the man from ups to come and pick them up from me. will see what they have to offer before taking my business elsewhere.

12. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Hey all,

I now have the pictures needed and we will send you details for the return during business hours.

But FYI this is the quality to expect from magicool especially on this design which was a flop to say the least. :S

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

You know, this isn't the first time I've heard of this from Magicool. Sadly, it may not be the last either. And I do see what you are talking about, Nitrix. Those tanks just look fragile to me.

14. The_Crapman

I'm sorry but that's complete bs. compare the pics of asouter's rads to mine, not a scratch on them. these rads are covered in watermarks, the fin damage is the kind where some ham fisted pleb has shoved a bolt or screwdriver in, not from being miss handled (the fins on these rads are remarkably sturdy, so much more so that those on my antec 620 rad) and the copper edges around the ends had finger prints all over them. Blaming the manufacturer for something which is obviously your error is rude, shameful and quite possibly libelous.

15. The_Crapman

On closer inspection they're scratches or imperfections from the mold. However these are the rev2 which now have chambers made from transparent glass-fiber reinforced nylon.

16. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Used or not that looks awful

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

:jawdrop:

Liar.

You can clearly see that those screw threads have been used! What an absolute disgrace that you wouldn't just come clean and say that you sent a used one (by accident or not). Anyway, its too late now.

I think what we've all learned here is that Aquatuning should be avoided at all costs, and that anyone looking to buy watercooling parts should head over to Specialtech.

18. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

I'd be inclined to say that he's telling the truth. It's probably Magicool which are shipping them in this state and the scratches have come from being checked in a jig, just not very carefully (ironically, part of 'Quality Control').

However, I would question why they're being sold in this state and not just returned to the manufacturer instead.

19. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

sighs, someone messed up, sent out returns, waits to see what nice things customer service will do, because i am sure they will totally rectify the situation, wont they ;) :thumb:

20. The_Crapman

Oh I've no doubt they will. I had a bit of a cockup placing the order and found their customer service exemplary in resolving it. For that I can not fault them. I just wish they'd owned up to the mistake instead of laying the blame elsewhere.