1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling XSPC Rasa to EK-Supreme HF

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 15 Jun 2012.

1. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Currently I have my i5 2500K under water using a XSPC Rasa acetal block , I'm sorely tempted to upgrade to a EK-Supreme HF (nickel/plexi)

I'm just wondering if any of you chaps know if I'll see any noticeable cooling performance increase with the EK block.

Just for some further info on my loop, it has a 120mm rad, a 360mm rad in push-pull, my 2500k and two gtx570s. the res is a dual bay XSPC res/pump combo

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

How are your temps at the moment? Those 570s must be dumping some serious heat into it, so a different CPU block is unlikely to make a huge difference...

3. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Ek have a new top end CPU block now, I'm warming to the 70s styling :)

I have the supreme HF, its great but I've never used a rasa so cant compare

4. mrMonkeyChunks

my temps range from 26 idle to the mid/low 50's under load with the gpus around the 46-48 mark at load

this is all from memory so I may be slighly off

5. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

Does it need to be cooler? Given that the maximum thermal temps for the CPU are around 96C and the GPU's are around the same, you've got tons of room for overclocking.

6. mrMonkeyChunks

The cpu and both cards are overclocked currently, honestly im just trying to justify buying it for the improved aesthetics

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

OK then, two questions. Do you show a lot of people the inside of your PC? Do you spend a lot of time looking in there?

If you have the funds and can answer yes to either of those then the EK block gets my wholehearted recommendation. If you can't, don't bother :)