1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Need Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zondorf, 26 Jun 2012.

1. Zondorf

Zondorf What's a Dremel?

Hey guys I have a question and before answering me please do note my financial limit.

So I have always been a fan of water cooling but I could never afford to buy a decent system.

I have been checking out cooling kits like the Kuhler H2O 620 etc.
    But I have never been really keen on it since it's not really a "Custom" kit for say.
    I have came across this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106183 which looks quite cool and I can pretty much "mod it myself".

But the thing is that my MSI R6870's one fan failed and it's exremely noisy and my temps on my GPU have increased a lot.

So I have been wondering if it's possible to use the kit (Link above) and add a universal waterblock onto the GPU.

If not then is there any system that goes for less than $180 that will be able to work for me?

Also which waterblock will work on a R6870 Hawk?

I'm mainly going for looks more than anything here but I don't want a system that overheats badly since I will be overclocking my I5 2500K a bit.

Please reply guys and note that I'm a total noob with water cooling so that's why I'm asking the pros.:D

2. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

That kit you have linked too should serve the purpose for your 2500K, however if you were to cool the 6870 aswell I would recommend a large radiator either a 120mm + a 240mm or one large 360mm

3. Zondorf

Zondorf What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the reply bro:D
    I think I will just try to find replacement fans for the GPU. (I didn't even think about that):wallbash:
    The TT Cooler seems fine for what I want for the I5

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

The TT watercooler is horrible, one of my friends has it and he hates it. I'm go for a 620 and be done with it as you'll get way better temps.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Agreed. It looks absolutely awful. Why would you blow hot air downwards into the case? Makes no sense at all....

6. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

What websites do you know of that will deliver to south africa? as we can always spec something up for you, besides $130 plus delivery for that TT unit is a bit much

7. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Dont get a TT bigwater - they are pants, I used to have a TT water cooling type set up about 6 years ago, and it was terrible, and the custom loops that i replaced it with were superior in every way shape and form.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2012
  8. Wing Zero

Wing Zero Ita-sha owner

for that price, you could get a CPU waterblock, 240rad, a small pump with reservoir, tubing and fittings.

9. Zondorf

Zondorf What's a Dremel?

As far as I know it's http://www.amazon.com, http://www.takealot.com, http://www.bidorbuy.co.za.
    There are others but I'm not sure where they import from.

Are you being serious? I haven't even seen a 240 Rad under $90 :sigh:

10. Zondorf

Zondorf What's a Dremel?