1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Reservoirs with visual water effects?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jashaf, 2 Jul 2012.

1. jashaf

jashaf What's a Dremel?

Hi Well,

After some consideration I am thinking of ditching my XSPC dual bay reservoir & pump combo. First, there is a bit of noise from it (see here and here). Second, the actual window to see the water is really small since it takes up just a fraction of the left hand side of the reservoir.

Half the neat thing about water cooling is being able to see water swirling around in your PC. I have seen some mods where people have "water fall" sorts of reservoirs.

So, can people list the off the shelf reservoirs which fit in a bay (or two) which have visual water effects. (From what everyone has said about EK's nickel plating fiasco, I am highly inclined to skip using any EK product whatsoever)

I found out the aqua box professional 5 has a sort of visual water effect that looks neat in this video. Also it appears to stop any fogging up of the front plate.

But I wonder how much restriction does this add? There is a review in german here but it is a bit hard to figure out just how much this will reduce flow rates...

Does anyone have experience with this or other reservoirs that have neat water effects?

Thanks,
    Jason