1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Aquatube problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dopeyman, 19 Sep 2012.

1. Dopeyman

Dopeyman Minimodder

Hi all,

Ok so I bought an aquatube cause I thought it would look great in my system, although now I'm wishing I hadn't. The problem in having is with air recirculating around the loop. I've done some reading and this seems to be a common problem.
    I've managed to solve this by painfully just keep topping it up to the brim every 5 mins and keep turning pump on and off. So basically it is full to the brim with no air in it at all.
    My question is, is this going to be a problem? Does the water need room for expansion when it gets hot during a heavy gaming session?
    If it is a problem I'm open to any suggestions on what I can do to solve this. The best I can come up with is a t-line directly before it.
    For info, it is mounted horizontally in the aquabay and I'm using the aquajet.

Many thanks in advance

Dopeyman

2. Dopeyman

Dopeyman Minimodder

Anyone?
    Need to know whether expansion is needed or not. I don't want to have burst pipes cause that would not be nice ;)

3. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

What is an aqua tube system? Do you have a link? What conponents does it consist of? What is it cooling? What materials is it made out of?

I dont think theres much wrong with it being full up, but then again i really dont know anything about aquatube so i wouldnt want to give you false advice without knowing a little more.

4. Dopeyman

Dopeyman Minimodder

Hi,

It's cooling an i7 950 and 2 560ti's. The aqua tube is just a res, designed to be mounted either vert or horizontal, I've gone for horizontal using the aquabay. (links below)

Well I'm bleeding it the air comes in then goes out the outlet straight away. Only way I've stopped this is by filling it to the very top.

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Aquacomputer-Aquatube-G14Inch-White-Delrin_4046.html
    http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/A...aydream-Mounting-Frame-for-Aquatube_4043.html

Many thanks

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

You need to do that with any watercooling setup, its perfectly normal. Just make sure that the drain port is at the bottom of the res, or at least gets a constant supply of water.

6. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Ahhh im with you know. Im familiar with them, i even have one!! I just didnt recognise the name.

Right.... Well, i would continue to run it with the cap off for a few hours at a time. You will still get new air bubbles appear from the system while it works itself out.

Ive just rebiilt my system and that is still churning up the odd bubble that was probably stuck in the rad or block somewhere.

Filling it up to the top ahudnt be a major issue but i would woek on bleeding the system more if you havnt already.

7. Dopeyman

Dopeyman Minimodder

The problem is though that if there is any air in the res, it sucks it straight back out. So the res needs to be 100% full.

I thought that was the point of a res, so that the air would catch in it?

Edit: sorry bdigital I should have been clearer

8. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

I have a Koolance drive bay res and need to keep it pretty much brimming to prevent air circulation. It is perfectly normal and not a problem at all.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, same with mine as the entrance and exit are opposite one another. After you've run it for a while though, the bubbles will disappear.

10. Dopeyman

Dopeyman Minimodder

Ah, ok I'll see how it goes. Does seem that if there is more than a teaspoon of air at the top of the res it sucks it back in again. I'll keep topping it up, should help when I turn the pump down a bit. (waiting for a aquaero 5 xt which seem to be like rocking horse poo at the mo)

11. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Can you switch the fitting for the outlet so it's at a lower part of the res?

12. Dopeyman

Dopeyman Minimodder

It is, I'm using the middle on the back for inlet which I have to for the aquajet then the lowest one for outlet.
    I tried removing the jet but made no difference.