1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony announces new PSN features, Home content

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 19 Aug 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. dolphin-promotions

dolphin-promotions What's a Dremel?

iPlayer will be a very welcome addition!

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

In built iPlayer functionality is welcome, as is the vidstore: getting your digital content onto your lounge TV is something that no-one's quite come up with a ubiquitus solution for.

That said, I've just turned my 4 year old laptop into a fully functional HTPC with £10 worth of VGA/3.5mm Composite adapter cables.

4. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

You can already access iplayer through the browser simply enough, not the most groundbreaking feature to be announced!

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

indeed and using the browser zoom rather than iPlayer fullscreen gives you better performance than using the fullscreen option in the iPlayer window so its better to do through the browser.

6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I did not know this, Thank you eek and sandys! : )

My PS3 already doubles up as my TV (freeview), console (360 has died AGAIN!) and general media centre (DVD,Blu Ray etc) - this will be a welcome addition to catch up with any bits of Top gear I have missed.

7. sjhujh

sjhujh Minimodder

There was stuff on the BBC website about official support for the iplayerr on the PS3, as at the moment it has been using the same interface and quality as the Wii... So I think what they are refering to is the HD option which used to be missing... Although I haven't used iPlayer in the last couple of months so they may have enabled it since then...

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

ps3iplayer.com has gone donw hill since the last update. It used to be really good but now its very jerky so proper iplayer integration and hopefully HD video will be very welcome. I'm also looking forward to the vid store so i can rent HD films. Nice one Sony.

Tags: Add Tags